X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BowerR64
    replied
    Originally posted by raruba View Post

Slimhouse, just wanted to let you know, I have a few of the X3 Boxes (X99 Max Plus, X96 max plus) and the new system version 5.1 does not seem to run as fast as the v4.4 and it also does not run some of the apps I have installed. TV Zion for one. So I have went back to version 4.4.....hope this helps you.
    Like benchmarks or using the system how snappy things change?

just curious, ive tried em all but havnt done benchmarks on each of them

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Slimhouse, just wanted to let you know, I have a few of the X3 Boxes (X99 Max Plus, X96 max plus) and the new system version 5.1 does not seem to run as fast as the v4.4 and it also does not run some of the apps I have installed. TV Zion for one. So I have went back to version 4.4.....hope this helps you.

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    The only thing i dont like about the SlimBox rom is the ID tag, ive installed the rom a few times on different devices and when i when to the play store to register it google came back that it was a phone and i thought i got hacked and changed my password.

Im not sure which version it was, a couple just said SlimTV box but a couple said it was a phone, Edge-V one time, Xiaomi MiBox S one time and a One Plus6 that was the one that spooked me and i changed my password

Leave a comment:

• Pyru
    replied
    I'm not sure if this is a change with version 5.1, but previously, I could double click the home button, and it will give me a list of running apps that I could close out of, and now I cannot (double clicking the home button does nothing). Is there a change in 5.1? or is it maybe the remote config that has done this? (home button function still brings you to the home screen).

Thanks.

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied

The SlimBox firmware is very good. Only thing that don't run on mine is TV Zion App...lol. Been trying to figure out why it won't run, it run before I installed the SlimBox 5.1 firmare
    Thanks for the info.

Is scrolling between apps in the app drawer smooth, because it isn't smooth with stock firmware.

Does stock remote respond better, as it responds very bad on stock, and do you use an air mouse by any chance.

I use the Minix A2 Lite, and it has worked great on every box I have had, but on N5 Max some buttons, like the return button for example, don't work

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Thanks, now if someone could answer my question, before the time expires that I can send it back to seller, if the Slim firmware drastically improves the performance of the N5 Max.

I use the word " drastically ", because that is how bad I consider the stock performance of that box
    The SlimBox firmware is very good. Only thing that don't run on mine is TV Zion App...lol. Been trying to figure out why it won't run, it run before I installed the SlimBox 5.1 firmare
    Last edited by raruba; 07-03-2020, 04:53.

Leave a comment:

• soldiaz
    replied
    nice

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post

only for some some tv boxes - [GDrive] SLIMBOX-UBT (flashable image)
    Thanks, now if someone could answer my question, before the time expires that I can send it back to seller, if the Slim firmware drastically improves the performance of the N5 Max.

I use the word " drastically ", because that is how bad I consider the stock performance of that box

Leave a comment:

• mAtvXk
    replied
    Is there a burn tool flashable image available then?
    only for some some tv boxes - [GDrive] SLIMBOX-UBT (flashable image)

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    Originally posted by loaded2107 View Post

USB Burn Tool
    Is there a burn tool flashable image available then?

Leave a comment:

• loaded2107
    replied
    Question: what is Slimbox UBT firmware.....what does UBT stand for?
    USB Burn Tool

Leave a comment:

• raruba
    replied
    Question: what is Slimbox UBT firmware.....what does UBT stand for?

Leave a comment:

• Jancales
    replied
    I got myself a N5 Max 4/64 box delivered yesterday.

Sorry to say but the box runs like crap, about the biggest crap I've seen actually.

Behaves very strange when installing apps. Minix air mouse A2 lite, which I consider one of the best air mouses on the market, has several buttons not responding.

The stock remote itself is useless .

Did a CPU stress test, and on standby it would run close to 70°C already. just 1 minute into the stress test it would be 75°C, and although it would not get higher from there. it would reduce CPU frequency, with after only few minutes running at only 1200 Mhz only.

So my question is.

I can send the box back in the next 5 days, so is it worth installing the custom ROM?

Will it fix most of the issues the stock firmware has, or is it just gimmick, to have a firmware that looks different?

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied

To me it concerns also that the original remote works as expected, with the air mouses it is also hit or miss.

And of course Ethernet should work. If you should have time please check on the N5 Max X3 please.

Of course improvements and fixes will be added with each version, current version of the slim rom available is 5.1.

Do you install ATV or AOSP versions?
    Sorry, i forgot to answer your question. As long as you add the 2 files everything works on the N5 max, if you dont install the "vendor" file im not sure if everything will work

The Vendor file adds a boot logo and it adds other things like the remote and i believe thing slike wifi anf bluetooth support

Leave a comment:

• BowerR64
    replied
    Well i have the Nvidia shield pro and Shield tv tube, the "ATV" looks like the shield, its dark and works good at night watching movies and stuff

I like the AOSP better the first few roms 4.1 and 4.2 i think just have the single launcher, as the roms go up i think 4 or 5 he added 3 launchers one looks like the beelink then the one i like and some other one i dont remember square launcher or something the icons are in the center in a square and go out as you add more icons

Like i said just try em all dont be scared you can always go back to the stock rom its available.

The way the stock rom recovery works with mine is when you build the SD card it launches at the boot so you dont need to link it to the PC or anything

Leave a comment:

Working...
X