Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ROM] Tanix TX5 Plus S905X3 Android 9 Stock Firmware IMG

Hello,

I was able to acquire the Tanix TX5 Plus S905X3 Android 9 Stock Firmware IMG directly from Tanix Support as I have not been able to find this anywhere else.

THIS IS FOR THE GIGABIT 1000MBPS model.

LINK BELOW

MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 50GB now!

Thank you so much! First firmware with really working sleep mode. No spontaneous awakening. Tested on x96air

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
      Thank you so much! First firmware with really working sleep mode. No spontaneous awakening. Tested on x96air
      You could have installed CoreELEC to MicroSDcard, and used their Bootloader Injector utility to fix the shite bootloader in the X96air

Comment

Originally posted by digitalriver View Post
        No problem! If anyone can figure out a way to change the Boot Logo let me know! It wont pull in Amlogic Customization Tools

Comment

It suits me very well. Thanks Erik30

Comment

Originally posted by erik30 View Post
            Hello,

I was able to acquire the Tanix TX5 Plus S905X3 Android 9 Stock Firmware IMG directly from Tanix Support as I have not been able to find this anywhere else.

THIS IS FOR THE GIGABIT 1000MBPS model.

LINK BELOW
            https://mega.nz/file/esdmBC6Z#ykecNv...9rXjXI4Z5-Bri8
            Out of curiosity were you able to unlock the boot loader via Developer tools? I've tried patching the boot.img manually with magisk and writing directly to the boot.img partition but does not seem to persist after boot despite no error code is shown. On a TX6S I was able to perform the task without issue and remove the stock superuser fixing netflix and a few other issues I noticed that occurs with the stock root.

Also if possible how would you flash the stock image. I've tried tools like amlogic USB burner but it fails to import the image. Are you sure this is a verified source that you obtained the rom from? Parser burning image fail pops up. I could try PhoenixCard burning utility and make a bootable SD card.
            Last edited by Solace; 07-22-2020, 23:09.

Comment

I figured out magisk which is a little different on these devices due to how things are structured. However I am still curious as to how people would flash a stock rom in the event of failure, it appears the image is valid but traditional tools will not load the image into the burner stating a parse error. There are other methods to try but having someone mention their common method would be more ideal in the even tinkering around renders the device bricked.

Ill perhaps put together a little guide for others at the end of all my tinkering around. Effectively we can have proper netflix and other various functionality that would be dependent on unrooted devices and a proper root that is universally compatible.

Comment

Originally posted by Solace View Post

Out of curiosity were you able to unlock the boot loader via Developer tools? I've tried patching the boot.img manually with magisk and writing directly to the boot.img partition but does not seem to persist after boot despite no error code is shown. On a TX6S I was able to perform the task without issue and remove the stock superuser fixing netflix and a few other issues I noticed that occurs with the stock root.

Also if possible how would you flash the stock image. I've tried tools like amlogic USB burner but it fails to import the image. Are you sure this is a verified source that you obtained the rom from? Parser burning image fail pops up. I could try PhoenixCard burning utility and make a bootable SD card.
                Use kitchen to mod everything
                rickys amlogic tools to unpack/pack back at level one
                (assuming windows machine)

as for image, works perfect.. i've flashed well over 100 of these boxes in the last week or two. no issues with it.

Your tx6s is a completely different soc (Allwinner) hence why you are able to partial flash partitions, similar to rockchips.

Comment

Originally posted by gbox23 View Post

Use kitchen to mod everything
                  rickys amlogic tools to unpack/pack back at level one
                  (assuming windows machine)

as for image, works perfect.. i've flashed well over 100 of these boxes in the last week or two. no issues with it.

Your tx6s is a completely different soc (Allwinner) hence why you are able to partial flash partitions, similar to rockchips.
                  I believe I picked up all of this already, the image provided here is also not a image provided by Tanix I contacted them as well for a TX5 Plus image and got a legitmate one that parses correctly into AMlogic USB burner and is 100mb less than this image provided. Ill perhaps upload a custom one and the authentic one at some point. I've so far replaced root with Magisk and bypassed saftey net to have all apps intact as a normal android device along with removing most of the useless stock bloatware.

Time to check out some other custom roms and merge some stuff together. If anyone knows of a good free SMB server to run on android TV feel free to let me know. SMBdroid is legit good but sadly outdated and does not work.

I also returned the Android 10 boxes with Allwinner chips. Those things were utter crap performance wise with multiple issues. Android 10 has a long way to go and by then im sure a s905x3 will have a port by then.

Comment

Originally posted by Solace View Post

I believe I picked up all of this already, the image provided here is also not a image provided by Tanix I contacted them as well for a TX5 Plus image and got a legitmate one that parses correctly into AMlogic USB burner and is 100mb less than this image provided. Ill perhaps upload a custom one and the authentic one at some point. I've so far replaced root with Magisk and bypassed saftey net to have all apps intact as a normal android device along with removing most of the useless stock bloatware.

Time to check out some other custom roms and merge some stuff together. If anyone knows of a good free SMB server to run on android TV feel free to let me know. SMBdroid is legit good but sadly outdated and does not work.

I also returned the Android 10 boxes with Allwinner chips. Those things were utter crap performance wise with multiple issues. Android 10 has a long way to go and by then im sure a s905x3 will have a port by then.
                    This image is proper. It's older, and works perfectly fine. I as well downloaded this version and the latest one direct from the links tanix sent me.
                    Not sure why this one will not parse for you, it's worked perfectly fine for me on 4 different pc's and operating systems with no hiccups whatsoever

Comment

This img file was provided directly by Tanix Oranth Support

Haven’t had any issues with it myself

Here are the emails directly from them back in May.
                      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

Comment

Hello bro!
                        I have been trying to contact oranth support by email from last 3 days. But no response.

Comment

Originally posted by zeyavkm View Post

Hello bro!
                          I have been trying to contact oranth support by email from last 3 days. But no response.
                          Here is the latest firmware image 20200426

Comment

I'm having a hard time believing you as I received a copy of their firmware no more than a few weeks back via amazon labeled TX5PLUS-20200426 with a SHA1 hash of CCEEFAB9481C11F59374ECBFDC1F65C7752A9010

Whatever you received is not authentic as the file I received at a later date than you has a date that precedes the supposed date of your image. In combination with the image wont load via AMlogic burner I strongly believe that image is tampered with. I'm still curious as to how one flashes any of these images when the AMlogic burner fails to parse the file in order to flash even with turning off the integrity check. The SD card method does not work as well as the device sits at a black screen at boot.

If anyone provides an FTP/Host to upload to I can provide the latest TWRP and firmware from Tanix for this device and optionally some additional apks to sideload making the world of difference in this rom.

Comment

Originally posted by gbox23 View Post

This image is proper. It's older, and works perfectly fine. I as well downloaded this version and the latest one direct from the links tanix sent me.
                              Not sure why this one will not parse for you, it's worked perfectly fine for me on 4 different pc's and operating systems with no hiccups whatsoever
                              Please explain how you managed to flash this specific image? SDcard method did not work and USB burner fails to load the image even when disabling image checks.

Comment

Working...
                              X