[ROM] Tanix TX5 Plus S905X3 Android 9 Stock Firmware IMG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ALdelSol View Post
    Estoy seguro de que tengo el Tanix tx5 plus delux edition con 4 ram, 64 almacenamiento y 1000 ethernet. Los que sí funcionan son los del x96 max plus en los que lo único que no funciona es el reloj y el mando. una pregunta: ¿alguno de ustedes ha logrado instalar magisk en esta caja tanix? Por mucho que parcheo el boot.img, lo flasheo y no se puede lograr la raíz.
    el x96 max plus que instalo es el que tiene 4 gigas de ram, no el que tiene 2
    You have mentioned that you have "Tanix TX5 Plus Deluxe Edition", i guess the one with an external antenna. That is probably why the firmware for "H96 Max X3" does not work on it. Mine is just Tanix "TX5 PULS" as shown on the sticker, without an external antenna and the 2 of them were bought December last year from Amazon. Network chipset migh be completely different.. One thing I have learned from those boxes is that you have to try many firmwares before finding a good one that fits yours.

Comment

Originally posted by warzouing View Post

You have mentioned that you have "Tanix TX5 Plus Deluxe Edition", i guess the one with an external antenna. That is probably why the firmware for "H96 Max X3" does not work on it. Mine is just Tanix "TX5 PULS" as shown on the sticker, without an external antenna and the 2 of them were bought December last year from Amazon. Network chipset migh be completely different.. One thing I have learned from those boxes is that you have to try many firmwares before finding a good one that fits yours.

you're right, my box has an outdoor antenna.

Comment

Has anyone managed to patch the boot.img with magisk on this box and get it to work? I'm thinking that this is mission impossible, no matter how hard I try, I can't make it work in any way. Magisk says it has patched it but when I install magiskboot.img on reboot nothing happens or installing magisk right after boot.img

Comment

Has anyone managed to patch the boot.img with magisk on this box and get it to work? I'm thinking that this is mission impossible, no matter how hard I try, I can't make it work in any way. Magisk says it has patched it but when I install magiskboot.img on reboot nothing happens or installing magisk right after boot.img
          On a factory Amlogic ROM you install Magisk into the Recovery.IMG -- extract recovery.img file and patch it as "Recovery Mode" -> then flash it with TWRP by installing the magiskboot.img file to recovery partition -> reboot.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

On a factory Amlogic ROM you install Magisk into the Recovery.IMG -- extract recovery.img file and patch it as "Recovery Mode" -> then flash it with TWRP by installing the magiskboot.img file to recovery partition -> reboot.

I have tried the method you have recommended. The recovery is patched, I already have magisk but what I do not have now is the recovery, the box does not start on it.

Comment

I have tried the method you have recommended. The recovery is patched, I already have magisk but what I do not have now is the recovery, the box does not start on it.
              Correct, no more internal recovery if you install MAGISK on Amlogic. So, to use Recovery you must use a Portable version of TWRP that is in zip format on SDcard or USB-drive that can be loaded with the Update app to launch the Portable TWRP file. Try using this TWRP : https://telegra.ph/Temporary-TWRP-09-12

Comment

Correct, no more internal recovery if you install MAGISK on Amlogic. So, to use Recovery you must use a Portable version of TWRP that is in zip format on SDcard or USB-drive that can be loaded with the Update app to launch the Portable TWRP file. Try using this TWRP : https://telegra.ph/Temporary-TWRP-09-12

Comment

By the way, just to let you all know that i'm extremely satisfied with the latest official firmware from "H96 Max X3" flashed on my "Tanix TX5 Plus, 4GB/64Gb/Dual Wifi/1Gb Ethernet", the one that came out around November/December 2019 on Amazon, not the one being sold right now with an external antenna and marked "Tanix Deluxe Edition".
                  • Root can be controlled in settings
                  • Performance seems to improve
                  • Wifi is working, same as Ethernet wired connection
                  • Bluetooth working
                  • Flashing this firmware get rid of Tanix Alice UX launcher. The launcher coming with it can be easily changed. I'm using Nova Launcher
                  • And last but not least, navigation bar and notification bar have been recently added on the latest firmware dated 2020/10/16. Can be set to on/off in settings.
                  • I never used the remote coming with those boxes, only wireless mouse so that i did not test it. Anyway, i don't know which is which anymore as i have so many of them lying around.
                  Being a gadget guy and stuck with my old Sharp Aquos TV (LC40E67UN) which is still working fine after more than 10 years, I have tried many Android boxes and sticks. I'm from a generation that went thru black and white tv then 360, then 480 color resolution, so 1080 FullHD is more than enough for me. I never want to pay tremendous amount for this hobby so my price range is always under CDN$ 70. So far, I find this precise Tanix model combined with that H96 Max X3 firmware a real perfect match.

Comment

Originally posted by warzouing View Post
                    By the way, just to let you all know that i'm extremely satisfied with the latest official firmware from "H96 Max X3" flashed on my "Tanix TX5 Plus, 4GB/64Gb/Dual Wifi/1Gb Ethernet", the one that came out around November/December 2019 on Amazon, not the one being sold right now with an external antenna and marked "Tanix Deluxe Edition".
                    • Root can be controlled in settings
                    • Performance seems to improve
                    • Wifi is working, same as Ethernet wired connection
                    • Bluetooth working
                    • Flashing this firmware get rid of Tanix Alice UX launcher. The launcher coming with it can be easily changed. I'm using Nova Launcher
                    • And last but not least, navigation bar and notification bar have been recently added on the latest firmware dated 2020/10/16. Can be set to on/off in settings.
                    • I never used the remote coming with those boxes, only wireless mouse so that i did not test it. Anyway, i don't know which is which anymore as i have so many of them lying around.
                    Being a gadget guy and stuck with my old Sharp Aquos TV (LC40E67UN) which is still working fine after more than 10 years, I have tried many Android boxes and sticks. I'm from a generation that went thru black and white tv then 360, then 480 color resolution, so 1080 FullHD is more than enough for me. I never want to pay tremendous amount for this hobby so my price range is always under CDN$ 70. So far, I find this precise Tanix model combined with that H96 Max X3 firmware a real perfect match.
                    I own an H96 Max X3 from February 2020 and I have tried every possible firmware for it until today.
                    I even made my own custom rom https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...5x3#post812507
                    which among other options (upper/lower bars, notification bar,samba server etc) has Permanent preinstalled Magisk and permanent TWRP.
                    I agree with you that the last firmware for H96 Max X3 (dated 16/10/2020) is very good and at last they decided to enable some options that users usually ask for (like navigation & status bar, root switch, etc).
                    But, in my opinion, there are still some other custom firmwares better than this (good as I said) last firmware of H96 max X3.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
                      I own an H96 Max X3 from February 2020 and I have tried every possible firmware for it until today.
                      I even made my own custom rom https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...5x3#post812507
                      which among other options (upper/lower bars, notification bar,samba server etc) has Permanent preinstalled Magisk and permanent TWRP.
                      I agree with you that the last firmware for H96 Max X3 (dated 16/10/2020) is very good and at last they decided to enable some options that users usually ask for (like navigation & status bar, root switch, etc).
                      But, in my opinion, there are still some other custom firmwares better than this (good as I said) last firmware of H96 max X3.
                      As I have mentioned, I have tried any firmware people judged to be good. I missed yours but I will try it soon. So far, I have tried X88, X96, Beelink, Bqueel, XTMod, Superceleron, Sasvlad, Minixfreak, Alvatech firmwares but may be because they were not specifically made for my box so that sometimes some APK just crash, no root and rarely both wifi and ethernet will work. If you fail almost right away when the burning process started, you know al least that the firmware is not suitable for you but sometimes the burning process will finish successfully. The main interface will work as all of them are for S905X3 but no Internet will make the box almost useless. The main incompatibility between those boxes is network chipset. If only somebody can come up with a solution that can detect network chipset and adapt to it for networking then I think that will be the perfect one. For now, it will be trials and errors until you hit one that perfectly suits your hardware.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Thanks for your recommendation, now everything is working without problems

Comment

Is it this box or the TX5 Max that is recommended? I can't seem to find either anywhere anyway. Does this also accept the A95X F3 firmware or am I getting the Tanix T5's mixed up and how many variants are there?

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
                            ath156 Your rom works with the Tanix TX6 Plus (deluxe edition with external antena)?

As you know, i already installed your rom on my HK1 and i am very happy with your rom, working perfectly, thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

ath156 Your rom works with the Tanix TX6 Plus (deluxe edition with external antena)?

As you know, i already installed your rom on my HK1 and i am very happy with your rom, working perfectly, thanks.
                              I really don't know. You can try and see. Sometimes you may have some problems (like a not working remote control, or wifi or bt etc), which may be fixed either by just changing some files in the Vendor partition or even copying the whole Vendor partition of your stock firmware. There is of course always a chance to get a soft brick (bootloops etc) or even a hard brick. So before you do something like this, you better know the 2 pins with which you can revive your box in any case
                              Once you know these 2 pins you can use a temporary TWRP to backup your BOOT, SYSTEM, VENDOR and DATA partitions.
                              Having this backup you can try any other firmware you like or easily revert back to your current state.

Comment

tombraga
                                Maybe this will help you https://forum.xda-developers.com/t/r...#post-84073807
                                (of course I still insist in knowing the 2 "magic" pins - just in case !!!).

Comment

Working...
                                X