Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thanks!

Comment

I just installed v7 anyone else having audio problems?

Comment

thanks a lot

Relevant ROM links are here:

Comment

Originally posted by hjpca View Post
          Not here.
          Only problem I actually had is I can't run TVZion apk.

Comment

Originally posted by hjpca View Post
            I don't remember what problems that I had, but I rolled back to version 6.1.
            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I haven't tried the other versions, but first impressions of version 7 is that this guy has made a great ROM! Of course I've only just installed the ROM and added a full suite of apps, am using the H96_Max_X3 rom on my Vontar X3 and everything is looking good. The one thing I had to do immediately was install CoreELEC and add their bootloader blob to correct the Sleep/CEC functions, otherwise couldn't leave the device plugged in or it wouldn't stay off while using different devices on the same TV.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                I haven't tried the other versions, but first impressions of version 7 is that this guy has made a great ROM! Of course I've only just installed the ROM and added a full suite of apps, am using the H96_Max_X3 rom on my Vontar X3 and everything is looking good. The one thing I had to do immediately was install CoreELEC and add their bootloader blob to correct the Sleep/CEC functions, otherwise couldn't leave the device plugged in or it wouldn't stay off while using different devices on the same TV.
                Of course Slimbox is a very good custom rom but I stopped trying it when he made a wrong UBT version for H96_Max_X3 sometime ago, leading to an error (the same error happened to all owners of H96maxX3). There is also a very similar rom by xVortex especially for H96maxX3 (and of course Vontrar X3 which is almost the same as firmware is concerned).
                But for me one of the best roms is the Malay Mod (permanent Magisk, TWRP, ViperFandroid, init.d capable etc).

Comment

I have answered Riclar_ATvx about Malay Mod to another subject but my answer war marked as "potential spam" because I edited it twice !! How uncomfortable !!

Comment

lol, it happens, the anti-spam bot is aggressive on this forum

Comment

lol, it happens, the anti-spam bot is aggressive on this forum

You can download it from here https://yadi.sk/d/GWW_dL7anKvorA. The only problem is that it starts in Russian and you have to change the language "blindly" (I guess you can do it the way I first dit it). It is AOSP version. Based on this custom rom I have made one of my own where I added:
                      - In settings I added the choice to enable upper Bar / Status Bar (where you choose if you want to show IP, Mac address, CPU temp, CPU load, CPU freq. etc)
                      - Choice to enable lower Bar / Navigation Bar
                      - 2 preinstalled applications which are best (in my opinion) for Notification and Navigation Bars. You can use these at the same time as the above ones (although I do not recommend it).
                      - Other changes in apps which I think improve the rom (e.g I deleted some preinstalled roms of russian interest, I corrected the ENTER bug when using an external keyboard etc)
                      The only problem is that I have made this rom to start by default in my language but if you are interested I can easily made it to start in English.

edit: And here is a link of a previous discussion about it here in Freaktab https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...905x3-by-malay (although I have used it from almost the first days of its release).

edit2: The above was marked as "potential spam" .................................................. ....

Comment

You can download it from here https://yadi.sk/d/GWW_dL7anKvorA. The only problem is that it starts in Russian and you have to change the language "blindly" (I guess you can do it the way I first dit it). It is AOSP version. Based on this custom rom I have made one of my own where I added:
                        - In settings I added the choice to enable upper Bar / Status Bar (where you choose if you want to show IP, Mac address, CPU temp, CPU load, CPU freq. etc)
                        - Choice to enable lower Bar / Navigation Bar
                        - 2 preinstalled applications which are best (in my opinion) for Notification and Navigation Bars. You can use these at the same time as the above ones (although I do not recommend it).
                        - Other changes in apps which I think improve the rom (e.g I deleted some preinstalled roms of russian interest, I corrected the ENTER bug when using an external keyboard etc)
                        The only problem is that I have made this rom to start by default in my language but if you are interested I can easily made it to start in English.

edit: And here is a link of a previous discussion about it here in Freaktab https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...905x3-by-malay (although I have used it from almost the first days of its release).

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
                          The only problem is that it starts in Russian...
                          So it is Russian made ROM, you found on 4pda? Correct?

Um that freaktab link didn't work.

Comment

So it is Russian made ROM, you found on 4pda? Correct?

Um that freaktab link didn't work.
                            Correct.
                            *ttps://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-player-support/amlogic-based-tv-players/s905x3/firmware-roms-tools-ds/803963-rom-mod-hk1-box-vontar-x3-bqeel-y8-max-transpeed-x3-air-%C2%A0amlogic-s905x3-by-malay Try this (*=h)

Comment

ok, thank you

Comment

ok, thank you
                                And a possible way my altered rom may look

Comment

Working...
                                X