Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android 10 for S905X3

Gents

Can anyone advise if there is android 10 for S905X3 I was told there is a box with android 10 but I couldnt find the rom or custom rom for it

Thanks

mik

Originally posted by mik23 View Post
    Gents

Can anyone advise if there is android 10 for S905X3 I was told there is a box with android 10 but I couldnt find the rom or custom rom for it

Thanks

mik
    Hi, my box Transpeed X3 Plus claims to come with Android 10 but it’s Android 9 disguised. I think that there isn’t Android 10 at this time.

Comment

HI ,

you are right , Android 9 is for TVBoxes the newest , until now , really bad ,

this support situation ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by mik23 View Post
        Gents

Thanks

mik
        Ill probably do a port for the TX5 plus down the road and should work on other platforms. Its required one vendor provide the binary blobs used before that can occur unless someone already has them. As of now I found nothing as well except on Alibaba which also could just be skinned Android 9 devices.

Compared to the RK chips and Allwinner the Amlogic chips are way better spec wise and perhaps even the drivers used are a little better engineered as I texted a TX6S as well which is a H616 and was utterly awful in many ways.

Also android 9 is better than 10 in many ways, bigger numbers do not mean better. 10 on h616 chipsets is utter garbage performance wise and I could personally state a few bugs that exist.
        Last edited by Solace; 07-22-2020, 23:06.

Comment

What I noticed is that even tho the S905x3 can support 32/64bit and vulkin, i does not work with android 9.0 BUT Chromecast s905x3 with andriod 10 does work 64bit and vulkin. so what we need is a firmware with android 10 for the s905x3 boxes to work with vulkin and 64bit for better emulation support.

I really wish amlogic would make a tablet with their cpu on it to use emuelec or have samsung make a smaller screen tablet maybe 7 or 8in screen with the SD 855 or sd865 for portable friendly gaming emulation support.

Comment

I think you mean vulkan support? The binarys were probably included in android 10+ though its utter crap for an atv box compared to 9. Using a different api won't guarantee better emulation as well.

Comment

Any news guys?

Comment

Originally posted by jucca View Post
                Any news guys?

Comment

Possible to use Android 9 vendor and wifi stuff for 10? Or how does GSi Work?

Comment

• mo123
                    mo123 commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I don't think that will work as kernel versions are different.

With the help of gsi, you can also make android 11.It works fine for me on X96 max plus android 11. You just need to pull out the system partition from my firmware and insert it into your firmware. These gsi images are universal. Here's just the problem with android 12. Do not do android yet. 12 with a64 ab architecture. And they do only with arm64 architecture. That's why it is impossible to make android 12 for s905x3. This is stagnation for amlogic.

Comment

Working...
                  X