Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello ath156.

It was working the correct rom for me.
    Suddenly, the HBO application stopped working.
    When opening the 'offline' sign

I reinstalled the rom via USBburning.
    I got HBO to work for me as before, but today it stopped working again with the same text 'connection error.

Know how you can make HBO application functions.

Apart from installing the rom again, I have problems with google play. When I give to
    Install an application is waiting
    Without downloading anything.

I had copies of my last tvbox statuses through recovery twrp, but they don't work
    Since when starting the hk1 logo, it turns off and restarts again entering a loop.

When I generate copies, I don't get to select all the folders as a first copy, for example vendor.

Could you help me.

Thank you.

Comment

nis81

1. For Play Store download and install this version and reboot https://apkpure.com/google-play-stor...ndroid.vending
      (This will fix the problem although one or two users say that first they had to uninstall any Play Store updates and even delete and reinsert their account. I don't think this is necessary)
      Please also after that click about 8 times (fast ) upon the version number in the "Settings" of Play Store. This will make you a developer and probably even give you newer versions.

2. If for some reason you get a loop, turn off your box(unplug your power adaptor). Insert a toothpick/or an open paperclip, into the AV hole and keep pressing the reset button (in the center and gently). While you keep pressing, insert the power plug and after 3-4 seconds release the reset button. You will be in the TWRP and you can restore any partition you like.

3. About HBO I can't help you as I don't use it.
      edit: Did you try to delete the cache memory of the apk? (Settings-Applications-HBO apk and there delete "cache memory").
      Last edited by ath156; 11-05-2020, 21:11.

Comment

Hey I tried this on h96 max x3. I new one, and wifi/bluetooth is broke, i guess i have the new one with the blue board. I tried the genetic Coreelec on it, and wifi / bluetooth work. I would rather have this rom, is there a solution to this?

Comment

Originally posted by jammy2014 View Post
          Hey I tried this on h96 max x3. I new one, and wifi/bluetooth is broke, i guess i have the new one with the blue board. I tried the genetic Coreelec on it, and wifi / bluetooth work. I would rather have this rom, is there a solution to this?
          Did you first made a backup of your partitions as I say at the Note at 1st page?
          If yes, then just restore the VENDOR partition through TWRP.

Comment

I didn't make a backup, and can not found the original firmware anywhere , just wondered the fact that coreelec wifi worked, that there is a kind of fix?

Comment

Originally posted by jammy2014 View Post
              I didn't make a backup, and can not found the original firmware anywhere , just wondered the fact that coreelec wifi worked, that there is a kind of fix?
              Sorry to hear that, but the note is very clear at 1st page !!
              Please download the latest version from here https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...-TPyiK236-Hu1f (16/10/2020) and install it.
              If the wifi/bt are fine in that version you may make a backup of the partitions with not-permanent TWRP (see 1st page how).
              After that you may reinstall my custom rom and using TWRP just replace VENDOR partition.

Comment

Hi there, great rom!!!!

Any idea why I need to click sign in to network everytime system is powered up or a wifi connection is added? It even does this with ethernet connected.
                I've turned off wifi preferences (turn on wifi automatically and open wifi network notification)

thanks

Comment

Forget it, I figured it out by disabling captive portal.
                  Code required for android 7 or higher

with abd shell:
                  adb shell settings put global captive_portal_mode 0

Terminal (root):
                  settings put global captive_portal_mode 0

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
                    nis81

1. For Play Store download and install this version and reboot https://apkpure.com/google-play-stor...ndroid.vending
                    (This will fix the problem although one or two users say that first they had to uninstall any Play Store updates and even delete and reinsert their account. I don't think this is necessary)
                    Please also after that click about 8 times (fast ) upon the version number in the "Settings" of Play Store. This will make you a developer and probably even give you newer versions.

2. If for some reason you get a loop, turn off your box(unplug your power adaptor). Insert a toothpick/or an open paperclip, into the AV hole and keep pressing the reset button (in the center and gently). While you keep pressing, insert the power plug and after 3-4 seconds release the reset button. You will be in the TWRP and you can restore any partition you like.

3. About HBO I can't help you as I don't use it.
                    edit: Did you try to delete the cache memory of the apk? (Settings-Applications-HBO apk and there delete "cache memory").
                    Sorry, I didn't explain it well.

2. If I put the firmware using USB burning tool,
                    It is going well.

Enter recovery, I know, as you explained by putting the toothpick or through the terminal.
                    The problem is if I want to recover a copy saved with the trwp.
                    Recovering a previous copy and restarting loops.

I tell you, with the temporary TRWP, some copy has the following partitions:
                    Boot
                    Logo
                    Cache Date (exclude storage)

Other copies have:
                    Boot
                    Recovery
                    System
                    Data (exclude storage)
                    Cache
                    Bootlader
                    Reserved
                    Env
                    Logo
                    RSV
                    Tee
                    Misc.

With the permanent TRWP there are other different partitions such as:
                    Vendor

Do you know why?

Do you know which partitions to select when making a backup using TRWP and which to select for a restoration?

Another thing.
                    You know if an .img file could be extracted from the system when it works fine to load in case of failure with the USB burning tools, or it is very complicated.

Is it possible to install a different TRWP that is permanent and how is it done?

3. The HBO thing managed to solve the problem by installing an older version.

Thank you very much again.

Comment

nis81

1. When backing up partitions, usually the only partitions we need are "Boot", "System", "Vendor","Data".
                      2. There are other partitions of course, but practically you probably will never need them. Also there are Boot and Boot Image and Vendor and Vendor Image. You usually backup only one from each (and usually not the "Image").
                      3. We need Temporary (or Not-Permanent) TWRPs only to backup another firmware we may have and prior to installing my custom firmware. I have given 3 such TWRPs in Post #114.
                      4. If you already installed my firmware there is no reason at all to use a temporary TWRP. The permanent TWRP there is more than enough. There is also a better 3nd way to load this TWRP. Just use the preinstalled "Power Menu" apk and select "Recovery".
                      5. In addition to the above there is no reason to install another permanent TWRP.
                      6. While restoring you can restore all of them or just one/two of them. It depends on what you want to achieve.
                      7. There are many ways to extract an .img file from the firmware (usually not to use them with UBT, but with other tools), but such things are beyond the scope of this topic.
                      Last edited by ath156; 11-09-2020, 05:25.

Comment

ath156

firmware_by_ath156 working 100%.

A question about apps:
                        I configured the Google Play Store to NOT update automatically.
                        I'm choosing what I want to update, but for example:

I don't want to update:
                        - Amazon Prime Video (updated the app closes alone) and
                        - Spotify (updated the app does not login).

Question: Does the Google Play Store have a function to mark items that I do not want to update? Or is there a third party app that does this?

Thank you very much and good weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
                          ath156

firmware_by_ath156 working 100%.

A question about apps:
                          I configured the Google Play Store to NOT update automatically.
                          I'm choosing what I want to update, but for example:

I don't want to update:
                          - Amazon Prime Video (updated the app closes alone) and
                          - Spotify (updated the app does not login).

Question: Does the Google Play Store have a function to mark items that I do not want to update? Or is there a third party app that does this?

Thank you very much and good weekend.
                          Interesting question. To be honest I am not aware of an option in Google Play to mark some apks as "NOT to be updated".
                          I also have Google Play Store configured as NOT to update the apks automatically (though I don't have at the moment an apk that I actually don't want to be updated - but as a good practice to know if I have a problem with an apk, if this was caused by an update).
                          If you find a solution to it (apk or otherwise), you may share it here for others too.

Comment

Tks you for the super quick response.
                            If I find an app I will share it!
                            Best regard.

Enviado de meu SM-A710M usando o Tapatalk

Comment

Youtuber tvboxstop just put up a video of your rom. I hope he has your permission and gives you credit. Once again thanks for this great rom. I love it.

Comment

Originally posted by jeffery vandermark View Post
                                ... I hope he has your permission and gives you credit. ...
                                ath156 Me too!

Comment

Working...
                                X