Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
    For anybody that would like to try other roms (mine or other custom roms) it is a good practice to first make a Backup of their partitions with a NOT permanent TWRP. It is easily made as I say here:
    https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...e16#post812426
    You have to backup at least Boot, System, Vendor and your Data partitions.
    This NOT permanent TWRP you linked works also on my HK1? (for example with USB Stick and Terminal Emulator)

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

This NOT permanent TWRP you linked works also on my HK1?
      YES. It actually works to any S905X2 and S905X3 box !!!!

Comment

- As the Square Home Launcher and the key you own I really don't know. If you have any problem you can easily delete my version and install yours. As far as the name is concerned you are also right as sometimes it is referred as Square Home 2 and sometimes as 3.
        As i said, i use actually the version is 2.1.13 from Play Store. Could you look to your version which is included in the rom? For example with SD Maid in app control? thanks

Comment

As i said, i use actually the version is 2.1.13 from Play Store. Could you look to your version which is included in the rom? For example with SD Maid in app control? thanks
          OK this is very easy to find. The version that first installs by my rom is 2.0.2(20002), but after 1st boot and letting Play Store find any updates, it is updated to 2.1.13(20113). That version is what I actually have now (after the update from playstore).
          Some other preinstalled apps are also automatically updated.

Comment

OK this is very easy to find. The version that first installs by my rom is 2.0.2(20002), but after 1st boot and letting Play Store find any updates, it is updated to 2.1.13(20113). That version is what I actually have now (after the update from playstore).
            Some other preinstalled apps are also automatically updated.
            Good, so it works to update in Play Store and sure i can install afterwards my key then to get my bought version of the Launcher, as i bought it on Play Store, thanks.

Do you use also SD Maid Pro in your devices? i use it often to keep all clean and organized. But this app i can also install after afterwards.

Comment

ath156 concerning heating of the HK1

In the anexed YT review there is the following comment by a user about heating:

"...Not a professional cursory review. This box heats up like an iron when watching HD video. The inside of the radiator is very small. You cannot use without additional cooling! The processor reduces the frequency and the box turns into a crappy product from China!..."

do you think with your rom this problem perhaps reduce? Or could it be worse?

Even if you donĀ“t have the same box, perhaps you can give some idea.

Or any other user, which bought the HK1, is there any diference about getting hot, comparing the stock and custom rom of ath156 ?

Comment

ath156 concerning heating of the HK1

In the anexed YT review there is the following comment by a user about heating:

"...Not a professional cursory review. This box heats up like an iron when watching HD video. The inside of the radiator is very small. You cannot use without additional cooling! The processor reduces the frequency and the box turns into a crappy product from China!..."

do you think with your rom this problem perhaps reduce? Or could it be worse?

Even if you donĀ“t have the same box, perhaps you can give some idea.

Or any other user, which bought the HK1, is there any diference about getting hot, comparing the stock and custom rom of ath156 ?
                I think it's a good practice to use a cooler fan for every TV box you may have. That's what I do for all my 3 boxes (Beelink GT1 2/16, H96 max X2 & H96 max X3). I did all of them by myself (DIY) using very old fans from Tower Pcs.
                Please have a look here about this subject https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...e18#post813789
                Please note that your USB ports STILL HAVE POWER even when you turn off your Box (you must take care about it so not to spin 24/24 & 7/7 - at the above link are some options).

Comment

Post #267 and later !!!

Comment

deleted

Comment

I think it's a good practice to use a cooler fan for every TV box you may have. That's what I do for all my 3 boxes (Beelink GT1 2/16, H96 max X2 & H96 max X3). I did all of them by myself (DIY) using very old fans from Tower Pcs.
                      Please have a look here about this subject https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...e18#post813789
                      Please note that your USB ports STILL HAVE POWER even when you turn off your Box (you must take care about it so not to spin 24/24 & 7/7 - at the above link are some options).
                      Thanks and yes, i also use this cheap external usb-coolers in nearly all my boxes (7 diferent boxes...)

But i wanted to know, if you think there is a diference (concerning heating) between the stock rom and you rom (which is based on the russian version)?

Comment

Thanks and yes, i also use this cheap external usb-coolers in nearly all my boxes (7 diferent boxes...)

But i wanted to know, if you think there is a diference (concerning heating) between the stock rom and you rom (which is based on the russian version)?
                        No I don't think there is a difference, as it is based upon the stock firmware of your box. One usual way to lower temperature is to lower a little bit the frequency of your processor. I can do that but I find it not needed (especially if you use a cooler fan). Any way only if you are watching 4K movies or play games you really need the cooler fan (although I use them for everything).

Comment

Ok, i dont use 4k and I don't play games. So it's okay for me, i hope the box arrives soon, i will report.

Thanks

Comment

ath156 Do you use also the Alice Launcher UX?

I use it on my Tanix boxes TX3 and TX6 and I like it.

Do you think it will work well on the HK1?

So if yes, i install your rom, then uninstall the Square and install Alice?

Comment

ath156 Do you use also the Alice Launcher UX?

I use it on my Tanix boxes TX3 and TX6 and I like it.

Do you think it will work well on the HK1?

So if yes, i install your rom, then uninstall the Square and install Alice?
                              No I don't use Alice Launcher UX. For now "I'm in love with Square Home" !!!
                              But I think you can try it in my rom. In fact I think you may have multiple launchers and each time choose which one you want to be your default launcher.

Comment

Hello. Installed yesterday in my new VONTAR X3 and working perfect by the moment. Not everything tested yet but almost.
                                Wonderful ROM.
                                Thanks very much to the developper for this great job.

Comment

Working...
                                X