Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
    [ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)
    After you install UBT you must copy the LICENCE directory https://mega.nz/folder/B5lnFBhK#UDQcQB0FaQaTSuwl8okvcg
    ath156

you mean to copy the licence directory into the directory where is the USB_Burning_Tool.exe after installation of the UBT?

And the configuration for burning is as shown in the picture? So i don´t need change anything, right?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

ath156

you mean to copy the licence directory into the directory where is the USB_Burning_Tool.exe after installation of the UBT?

And the configuration for burning is as shown in the picture? So i don´t need change anything, right?

YES and YES. Also if you get lower a "mac" option, its better to check also this box.

Comment

YES and YES. Also if you get lower a "mac" option, its better to check also this box.
        Yes i get a mac option, but this i don´t understand, i don´t have Mac computer, it´s a Windows laptop

What means in this case the mac option?? Thanks for your constant help. My box did not arrive yet, but i want to be prepaired already, have a nice sunday.

Comment

Yes i get a mac option, but this i don´t understand, i don´t have Mac computer, it´s a Windows laptop

What means in this case the mac option?? Thanks for your constant help. My box did not arrive yet, but i want to be prepaired already, have a nice sunday.

Obviously this is about your "mac address" and not a Mac computer !!

Comment

ath156

As you know I'm about to buy another A95X F3 (S905X3).
            How do you know the Android TV Boxes, for which you have been developing the >>> ath156 mod <<< firmware and how are they very similar in terms of hardware with the A95X F3, I ask you:
            What is the most similar with the A95X F3?
            Which one would I notice least the differences in performance, cost and benefits compared to A95XF3?
            Maybe I will change my purchase option and become a user and tester of your ath56 mod ...

For learning, I'm testing here on my A95X F3 (stock firmware) the items that you changed or added in the >>> ath156 mod <<<.
            Taskbar: I like it!
            Power Shade: I like it !!! (found it)
            Square Home 3: I like it! (much more suited to the CR than the lancher I was using).
            PowerMenu: This one I don't know. I will look for more information.
            Root Explorer: Embedded in the A95X F3.
            Lan Drive: (I believe it is the app I use).
            ES File Explorer: I already knew.
            MX Player: I already knew.
            Magisk: This one I don't know. I will look for more information.
            Viper4FX: This one I don't know. I will look for more information.

TWRP (non-permanent): I have used your indication TWRP_3.2.2. I have these others:
            TWRP_3.4.0 and TWRP_3.4.0_3.
            I would like to put my language in TWRP_3.2.2. TWRP_3.4.0_3 has.
            To do this, just unzip, insert the language file and compress, or is it more complicated?

Congratulations on your goal of wanting 100% of what you implement to be really working 100%. This is very good!

Thank you!

Comment

webipsum

1. Most of S905X3 boxes are very similar one to another with only small differences. No box is perfect (they all have its + and -). I bought the H96 max X3 from the 1st month it was produced (because of the good experience I had with H96 max X2). When you buy a newly produced box (before anyone tries it) you certainly take some risks. It proved to be Vfm for me. The critical point for me to decide for H96 max X3 was that in contrast to many other S905X3 it had 1Gb LAN. Maybe it would be unfair for me to compare A95X F3 and H96 max X3 (and its clones) as I haven't tried them both.
              2. All of the boxes that this custom rom was made for, are clones one of the other. Somebody may decide for example to buy HK1 Box because of its shape and not H96 max X3 or HK1 X3 which have a circural shape. As far as the H96 max X3 is concerned there is a new reason to buy it or not and buy for example HK1 Box. The reason is if wifi is very crucial to your needs. It seems that the new version with BLUE board gives smaller wifi speeds than the older version with GREEN boards.Therefore if wifi is crucial and the seller cannot guarantee you the color of the board he is going to send you, it is better to buy another clone. In my case this is irrelevant as I use Powerlines for all my equipment (therefore ethernet).
              3. The most missing option in stock firmwares of many S905X3 boxes were the lower and upper bars (Navigation and Notification Bars). I was tired to suggest 2 simple apps that give you both bars in virtually any firmware (TASKBAR and POWER SHADE). Of course, as you already know, for the 2nd one sometimes you need to add something in a certain file.
              4. Magisk is a very usefull app, as when well implemented in your firmware it can make your box at the same time "rooted" and "unrooted". It has many modules/addons and if you use correctly some of them you can have services that require you to have an unrooted system or from certain manufacturers. I think that some people don't know very well all the options of magisk that's why for some of them with my custom rom they can have any service they like and some of them say that they have to unistall magisk. Unfortunately I don't use such a service and therefore I have to rely to the feedback of other users.
              5. Viper4A or ViperFX is an app I don't use very often, but for some people is a must. You can generally say that is a very well app for controlling sound. I first had an experience with it some years ago when my son asked me to install it to his Oneplus 3T smartphone (and it needed a special way to accomplish that).
              6. For TWRP I would insist in using it in English (sometimes translations of technical terms are not very successfull and can be also misleading).
              7. Finally I would like to say something general for my custom rom. I like many times the K.I.S.S. principle ( «keep it simple, stupid» or «keep it stupid simple). Therefore my custom rom tries to show to users how simple it is to satisfy their basic requests with some simple free apps (virtually for every box).

Comment

webipsum
                ... simple free apps (virtually for every box).
                Perfect!

ath156

2. ALL OF THE BOXES: Grateful for the tip!

4. MAGISK: I would like to use it in my box, as I have an app that runs 100% on my cell phone (not routed) and the A95X F3 does not run, as a message appears that the equipment is routed. I don't understand that key well (root switch) of the A95X F3 settings. On or off the app that checks rooting always informs: rooted!

6. TWRP: I also use it in English. The placement of my language would help me to better understand an option in English that I did not understand well. And too I would like to configure TWRP to enter the settings set according to my preference, like: language, hours, time zone, advanced options and etc ... It has a configuration that is in the TWRP folder that it creates on the device, but I would like to leave that configuration inside the .zip.

That's it. The issues related to the A95X F3 I will continue to address in the appropriate thread.

Congratulations on all your efforts to offer everyone something well built and well intentioned.

Comment

ath156

today my HK1 arrived and i already made the update to your rom, thanks a lot for your job.

I could not start the USB Burning Tool, tried everything, but the burning process did not start. So i made it with card burning and everything was working well.

I made already the update of magisk and also could install my Square Home Launcher key, for now, it is working great and i have a lot of to do now to configure and install all i used to have.

(the bar´s are great)

I got a problem with the navigation bar, when i make it dissapear, so later i cannot push it with the mouse again to appear. And in the settings, there is disabled the nav.bar, why? Normally should work fine...

Is is possible to configure the navbar settings? Is it the app Taskbar?

Last edited by tombraga; 09-22-2020, 17:35.

Comment

tombraga

1. As navigation bar I stronly advise you to use TASKBAR. First of all please give all the permissions asked by this app. Then in settings please do:

- “General Settings” (check boxes) -Collapse Taskbar when selecting items - Automatically collapse Taskbar- Laucnh on boot
                    - “Appearance” - Hide button while Taskbar is collapsed - Show shortcut icon for pinned apps - Visual feedback when selecting icons
                    - “Advanced features” - Enable widget support -Allow third-party app integration
                    - "Advanced features"- Navigation bar buttons ( you choose all 3 buttons)

If you select these options the TASKBAR will be hidden completely. To make it appear you just click at the left bottom of the screen (without actually seing anything) !!!
                    Of course you can make other choices (to be hidden automatically and then appear etc) but I think the ones I suggest above are the optimum.
                    You will also find that this application its not only a navigation bar but also a status bar and even a launcher.

2. If you use the TASKBAR I think that you do not need the navigation bar from "settings". What you can use is the upper bar (which is actually a hardware monitor) and which can be in immersive mode (meaning it hides itself and reapears upon request).
                    It is correct that if you enable both these bars, the lower (navigation bar) will not be in immersive mode and if you hide it you have to reenable it from settings (in fact also the upper bar).

Comment

ahh ok thanks, i did not know the taskbar, i think you was speaking about the navbar in the settings when you explained your rom...so this are 2 diferent things, now i understand. thanks

Comment

great, works fine now, i did not know this app

if i want to install this taskbar on other boxes, how can i make this. is this app available?

i exported it with sd maid pro, will try on my beelink king

Comment

Hi.

I am already strongly considering buying a H96 MAX X3, instead of the A95X F3.

In my country I am a customer of video streaming services, Netflix and Prime Video.
                          In November Disney starts to provide the video streaming service here in my country.

Questions:
                          1) Does Netflix work 100% on the H96 MAX X3?
                          2) Does Prime Video work 100% on the H96 MAX X3?
                          3) Does Disney + (Dolby?) Work 100% on the H96 MAX X3?

Thank you!

Comment

great, works fine now, i did not know this app

if i want to install this taskbar on other boxes, how can i make this. is this app available?

i exported it with sd maid pro, will try on my beelink king
                            It is a free app in Play Store !!!! You can install it in any box.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
                              Hi.

I am already strongly considering buying a H96 MAX X3, instead of the A95X F3.

In my country I am a customer of video streaming services, Netflix and Prime Video.
                              In November Disney starts to provide the video streaming service here in my country.

Questions:
                              1) Does Netflix work 100% on the H96 MAX X3?
                              2) Does Prime Video work 100% on the H96 MAX X3?
                              3) Does Disney + (Dolby?) Work 100% on the H96 MAX X3?

Thank you!
                              In most of the boxes (and H96) Netflix plays in Standard Definition.Only certified boxes (like Mibox, Firestick, Mecool etc) play Full HD or 4K. But there is a solution if you want HD. You can use coreelec (free) in an sd card and you make your box dual boot (first it boots to coreelec and then if you want you make it reboot to Android). If you remove the sd card it obviously boots to Android. I have ready this solution for H96 max X3 and everything is functioning perfectly.
                              For other applications that need unrooted system, that's where you need Magisk (and certain modules of it).

Comment

ath156 do you have the plan to make a update version some day? if yes, would be great, if we could do it in the twrp without to install the whole configuration, thanks for your great rom.

Comment

Working...
                                X