Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello.
    Installed in my new H96 Max X3 4/128 Gb and is working perfect by the moment.
    Thanks you very much for your great job.

Please, Your comments on these 2 small points :
    1) In the Settings, your firmware indicates that I have 2 Gb whereas in reality there are 4 on my box.
    2) Is it possible to have H96 Max logo instead of HK1 one at startup and H96 Max X3 name in the settings?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by medmouncef View Post
      Hello.
      Installed in my new H96 Max X3 4/128 Gb and is working perfect by the moment.
      Thanks you very much for your great job.

Please, Your comments on these 2 small points :
      1) In the Settings, your firmware indicates that I have 2 Gb whereas in reality there are 4 on my box.
      2) Is it possible to have H96 Max logo instead of HK1 one at startup and H96 Max X3 name in the settings?

Thanks
      Please for 1) Go to Settings - Status Bar Settings - Show Status Bar (check this) and also check all the next options. So you will have an immersive Upper Bar (as Hardware Monitor). The last measurement is the RAM. At mine it says 2,1G/4G, meaning that I have free 2,1G out of my 4G (don't forget that also the system needs some ram). Of course 4G in reality are exactly 3.400MB (3,4G) if you check it with a more sophisticated app. So I think this is OK if you have something similar.
      2) Yes it is possible to change both of them, but in my opinion the logo of HK1 is more elegant than that of H96maxX3. Also don't forget that we are using the firmware of HK1, so maybe it would be good to honor it ? I also have one of the first H96 max X3 4/32 (GREEN board) and I never thought of changing it. Anyway when I have time I may help you to do what you wish.
      Thank you.

Comment

Thanks
        I prefer the HK1 because I have the HK1 Box

Last edited by tombraga; 09-23-2020, 18:02.

Comment

Yes, you are right and to be really fair to everyone, your name ath156 should appear (for the job you did) after the 'HK1 series' logo (which is the original owner of the firmware) and the name Of the device must remain the same (H96 Max X3) in the Settings since it has not undergone any change. But it's just for fun! The important thing is that the combination of the three allows us to take advantage of a machine well prepared and reliable.
          And thank you for your spontaneous offer of help.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
            (*) You can use coreelec (free) in an sd card and you make your box dual boot (first it boots to coreelec and then if you want you make it reboot to Android). If you remove the sd card it obviously boots to Android.
            (**) For other applications that need unrooted system, that's where you need Magisk (and certain modules of it).
            ath156 Greetings!

(*) I read about corelec and understood that it is an O.S. Linux with Kodi interface. So Netflix would be a Kodi add-on, correct?
            (*) Could the rest of the SDcard that would be the corelec boot be used for external Android and corelec storage?

(*) Do you have a tutorial link for installing Magisk on my current Android TV Box, while I don't buy my HK1 BOX?

Tks.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
              ath156 Greetings!

(*) I read about corelec and understood that it is an O.S. Linux with Kodi interface. So Netflix would be a Kodi add-on, correct?
              (*) Could the rest of the SDcard that would be the corelec boot be used for external Android and corelec storage?

(*) Do you have a tutorial link for installing Magisk on my current Android TV Box, while I don't buy my HK1 BOX?

Tks.
              1. Yes as it is clearly described at the top (CoreELEC is a ‘Just enough OS’ Linux distribution based on Kodi1 technology for popular Amlogic hardware). Netflix is an addon of KODI there and to get HD you must do some things. It is fairly easy to install it at an sd card, but if you like perfection you must do some more actions for the Display, the original remote control and correctly functioning ON/OFF with it.
              2. The SD card is usually fully formated for use by coreelec. Also you need enough storage at coreelec as you can install some special addons, for example emuelec for old platform games.
              ******** I think that as coreelec is something not relevant to this Custom Rom it's better to discuss it to a separate subject ************************************************** *********************
              3. If you want to install Magisk permanently, you must know exactly what you are doing as this may be risky some times (it interferes with the bootloader and other system files). If you are not sure what you are doing you may have bootloops or even brick your box. That's why I consider so important that Magisk is preinstalled in my custom rom and you just have to use it/set it (of course only if you realy need it). I can give you instructions how to reinstall it in our family of boxes (H96maxX3, HK1 X3, HK1 Box, VontarX3 etc), but I will never tell you for another box that I don't have (although I know for many of them). It is better to find someone who already did it to that certain box.

Comment

ath156
                I agree with you on all items.
                When I buy and receive my HK1 BOX, I return to specific questions and the scope of this topic.
                Again, very grateful!

Comment

Thanks
                  I don't think this is important, but since I promised it here it is. Download these 2 files
                  https://mega.nz/file/wkUCDbCC#iSuqWR...miZ8RuJED0FV20 and https://mega.nz/file/V5cSzZLC#tDDLMz...PM95_h8NU18sic and copy them as zip files to a USB stick or an sd card. If you use the 1st file you will have the bootanimation of H96maxX3. If you use the 2nd file you will have in settings H96 max X3 instead of HK1 BOX (although I think this is not necessary, as I am sure that you know what box you have).
                  Please do exactly the following steps:
                  1. Use the preinstalled app "Power Menu" and from its menu select "Recovery"
                  2. When TWRP starts select "Install" and then from "Folder" go "(Up A Level)" scroll down to "usb-otg" (if you have your files in a USB stick) and select it.
                  3. From there select the 1st file (1update_bootanimationH96maxX3) and then swipe at "Swipe to confirm Flash"
                  4. When it finishes DO NOT REBOOT but go back (at the bottom of the screen you can use the "back" button or "Home"). Repeat the install of the SAME zip file a 2nd time.
                  5. When it finishes you can Reboot or Power Off

After all that:
                  - It will boot with the HK1 Box splash screen (just to remind you what firmaware you are using)
                  - It will continue with the bootanimation of H96 max X3 (the box you actually have)

If you do the same procedure for the 2nd file in addition to the above in "settings" your box will be H96 max X3 S905X3 !! (I dont think this is necessary since you already know it).
                  Note 1: If you decide to use also the 2nd file please first make a backup of your Options of your Square Home 2 launcher, so as to be able to restore them (it is possible that you will need it after such a replacement)
                  Note 2: I hope that no other users will ask a similar process for the other clones (Vontar X3, Transpeed etc) !!!!!! LOL

Comment

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

This mod is based on the Malay mod v1.2 . You can download the Malay mod (starts in Russian) from here : https://yadi.sk/d/GWW_dL7anKvorA
                    The Malay mod is based on the original for HK1 X3 u219.HK1_BOX_1000M_9.0.2020.01.13.12.35

I am looking at the model to buy to put this firmware with trwp and root and upper and lower bars.
                    What model would you buy for the firmware to work: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max?
                    In principle they are all the same. All have 4gb ram and S905X3 but it affects the size of internal space rom 32gb, 64gb or 128gb or does it matter for the firmware to work? Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by nis81 View Post

I am looking at the model to buy to put this firmware with trwp and root and upper and lower bars.
                      What model would you buy for the firmware to work: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max?
                      In principle they are all the same. All have 4gb ram and S905X3 but it affects the size of internal space rom 32gb, 64gb or 128gb or does it matter for the firmware to work? Thank you
                      4/32 for most cases is more than enough. Only if you find a special offer (for example for a very short period some time ago H96 Max X3 4/64 was offered in a better price than 4/32 !!!). The firmware is the same for ALL versions.
                      As I have H96 max X3 4/32 I would suggest you that, but there is a but.............. There are 2 versions of it (GREEN board with good wifi and BLUE board with a not so good as they say).If wifi is very important for you, than you may have to consider HK1 BOX. So I would say that if you need very much the wifi (and you are not going to use it with ethernet) and if the seller can assure you that he will send you H96 max X3 with GREEN board, than order that. Otherwise you may have to make another choice...............

Comment

4/32 for most cases is more than enough. Only if you find a special offer (for example for a very short period some time ago H96 Max X3 4/64 was offered in a better price than 4/32 !!!). The firmware is the same for ALL versions.
                        As I have H96 max X3 4/32 I would suggest you that, but there is a but.............. There are 2 versions of it (GREEN board with good wifi and BLUE board with a not so good as they say).If wifi is very important for you, than you may have to consider HK1 BOX. So I would say that if you need very much the wifi (and you are not going to use it with ethernet) and if the seller can assure you that he will send you H96 max X3 with GREEN board, than order that. Otherwise you may have to make another choice...............
                        Thank you very much for the information, you have clarified my doubts.

As for memory you are right for my use with 32 GB is enough.

Do you know if the H96 max X3 as it comes from the factory comes with firmware without root? since there are applications that to be able to work verify that the tvbox is not rooted.

On the other hand I have seen that the X88 pro X3 is very similar to the H96 max X3,
                        in terms of aesthetics.
                        I like the H96 more square than round. Do you know anything about the X88 pro X3 model? Do you think your Mod ROM could be worth it?

Comment

nis81
                          - I think that all versions of stock firmware for H96 max X3 are rooted, but there is at least one stock firmware from Vontar that is unrooted and can be used by all the above clones.
                          - One of the main advantages of my custom rom is that it has preinstalled magisk with which you can say that you are at the same time rooted and unrooted. In many cases you have to do nothing, in othrers a simple hide is enough and of course in some you have to use some more elaborate options of magisk. You can even easily completely unistall magisk and have an unrooted system.
                          - The HK1 BOX I mentioned above is more square like/rectangular in shape (not the HK1 X3)
                          Maybe anything more is beyond the purpous of this topic. Thank you.

Comment

Master ath156 .
                            In the SQUARE Home Launcher, what's CUBE?
                            It's a same of the another square with signal of plus?
                            Tks.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
                              Master ath156 .
                              In the SQUARE Home Launcher, what's CUBE?
                              It's a same of the another square with signal of plus?
                              Tks.
                              Yes it's a square in which you create a "cube". You can add other squares (apps etc) until you fill all the sides a cube has (something like 3D lets say). You "turn" the cube left/right/up/down to get all its sides. Actually its an option I never used.

Comment

Hi could you help me out. I got stuck with a licence config, where i put it in usb burning tool and which file from unrar downed load licence one.

i couldn't load imag file because of wrong key mac.

Thank in advance

Comment

Working...
                                X