Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sabachutrung View Post
    Hi could you help me out. I got stuck with a licence config, where i put it in usb burning tool and which file from unrar downed load licence one.

i couldn't load imag file because of wrong key mac.

Thank in advance
    - Download the licence directory from here https://mega.nz/file/8lECwC4R#AcA4Cs...jaCaCMERrLq6pc
    - Unrar it and copy the whole directory "licence" to where you installed UBT.

Comment

ath156
      I saw that the ath56 mod firmware has Kodi.
      I backup with the Backup add-on.
      But that doesn't copy language settings, weather, etc.
      Please:
      Which folders should I copy to restore later?
      Thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
        ath156
        I saw that the ath56 mod firmware has Kodi.
        I backup with the Backup add-on.
        But that doesn't copy language settings, weather, etc.
        Please:
        Which folders should I copy to restore later?
        Thank you.
        The best way is to use a file explorer that can see root files like EsExplorer, Total Commander etc. You then go to "Android-Data-org.xbmc.kodi" and you copy the whole directory "org.xbmc.kodi" to a USB stick (and probably keep that copy to your PC). You can use the same way to restore it to any other installation of KODI regardless of firmware, type of TVbox etc. !!!
        If you go "deeper" into this directory "org.xbmc.kodi-files-.kodi" you can use the later ".kodi" to restore it even to a clone of kodi !!
        Doing the above procedure you will have a perfect copy of your current kodi installation.

Comment

ath156 Tks.
          So there is no need to use the Backup add-on internally in the KODI, correct?
          Just copy the folder org.xbmc.kodi.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
            ath156 Tks.
            So there is no need to use the Backup add-on internally in the KODI, correct?
            Just copy the folder org.xbmc.kodi.
            The last time I used it was some years ago ..............................................

Comment

ath156
              Great firmware man.
              Run's solid.
              Last edited by gbox23; 10-10-2020, 03:28.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
                For anybody that would like to try other roms (mine or other custom roms) it is a good practice to first make a Backup of their partitions with a NOT permanent TWRP. It is easily made as I say here:
                A95X F3 Amlogic S905x3 8K Video Decode Android 9.0 TV Box RGB Light 4GB/32GB https://image3.geekbuying.com/content_pic/201910/A95X-F3-Amlogic-S905x3-8K-Video-Decode-Android-9-0-TV-Box-4GB-32GB-20191010151934882.jpg Highlights as Found Amlogic S905X3 applies quad-core Cortex-A55 processors, which is described as an

You have to backup at least Boot, System, Vendor and your Data partitions.
                Hi.
                Finally buy the Hk1 (the rectangular one).

Before putting the modified Hk1 x3 rom I wanted to make a copy of the firmware as it came from the factory just in case.

it is u219 PR1.180610.011 / 20200716user / test-keys

As you comment, I have downloaded the TWRP (not permanent).
                I saved it on a usb pendrive and I start the recovery with the stick in the AV connection and the power connection but in the menu I don't see how to access to install the TWRP zip from the usb and be able to do the complete copy obtaining a security file. (it won't let me upload a photo to show you the menu that comes out of the original recovery)

the options are::
                -Reboot system now
                -Reboot to bootloader
                -Apply update from ADB
                -Apply update from EXT
                -Wipe data/factory reset
                -Wipe cache partition
                -Wipe param partition
                -Mount /system
                -View recovery logs
                -Run graphics test
                -Run locale test
                -Power off.

thank you very much.

Comment

nis81
                  - "Apply udate from EXT"
                  - "update from udisk" (since you use a pendrive/USB stick) or (update from sd if you use sd card)
                  - select file TWRP_322.zip
                  - After pressing "ENTER" or clicking this file your box will restart in the NOT permanent TWRP

******************** Please note that the easiest way to go to your recovery is much more simple than using the reset button (in AV hole). It is a lot easier to do:
                  - Install the application "Terminal Emulator" from Play Store
                  - Run this app (wait until it full loads) and then just write "reboot update" and press "ENTER"

Comment

ath156 in the magisk Manager shows that there is a new version 8.0.0 available. Should I make the update?

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post
                      ath156 in the magisk Manager shows that there is a new version 8.0.0 available. Should I make the update?
                      YES you are right. I just noticed it. Anyway I did the update and indeed there are some serious changes :
                      - Completely different initial screen (colors, icons etc)
                      - For a moment I was looking for the Menu which was at the left top. After a while I realized that it was transfered to the bottom (horizontal - and with icons)
                      - even the shortcut icon changed

Comment

So it's better not to make the update?

In the magisk Manager there is also an update for viper (2.7).I tried to install with magisk manager, but did not work. Came message to do it manually with the apk which was downloade, but also not work. Probably the actual version must be uninstalled first.

When i check for update in the version 2.5 which you installed, then says there is no update available.

Comment

tombraga

I think that you can safely update to magisk manager 8.0.0

On the other hand I don't have an update for viper and anyway I don't suggest you to update it (at least for the moment). There was another update I have done in my installed modules, but it had nothing to do with viper.

Comment

Ok thanks

Comment

ath156 56
                              In your opinion, in any situation, in any firmware, the Automatic Update of APPs on the Google Play Store, should it be enabled or not?
                              Is it safer to manually update the Google Play Store APPs?
                              Thank you.

Comment

I always prefer to control what, when and how is updated. So I certainly prefer manual updates.

Comment

Working...
                                X