Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks so much for your help. In the end, I decided to buy the USB A to A cable.. and it made my life a lot easier. I installed the PureFusionRom, but from reading the description of yours, I do think yours is probably better. However, I just finished setting up all my apps and homescreen so I think I will not update to your rom yet

However, two bugs still present in PureFusion. First is the enter key bug that you fixed. Can I ask how you fixed it? Maybe I can fix it with an app, I tried to use ExternalKeyboardHelper to remap the enter key on my remote to actually be enter, however it does not work on search fields.

And second is I hear a sound 'pop' randomly sometimes. Only every few hours, curious if anyone else has this issue.

Comment

TIP: If you want to access a certain demanding service and you cannot (although you have Hide Magisk for it), as it says that you are rooted, you may delete directory "magisk" from /system/priv-app (using the preinstalled rootexplorer). Reboot after that and try again.

Comment

Thank you ath 156 for this rom. I love it. Everything works great except for the wifi on my H96 max x3 box. It worked fine at first now it won't connect so I ran a cord to connect direct. wifi comes up to a sign in screen and the rest of the screen is blank. Sometimes it connects for a few minutes then disconnects. Is there any way to fix this without flashing the rom again?

Comment

Originally posted by jeffery vandermark View Post
          Thank you ath 156 for this rom. I love it. Everything works great except for the wifi on my H96 max x3 box. It worked fine at first now it won't connect so I ran a cord to connect direct. wifi comes up to a sign in screen and the rest of the screen is blank. Sometimes it connects for a few minutes then disconnects. Is there any way to fix this without flashing the rom again?
          I also have H96 max X3 (with green board) and I never had any problem with the wifi in this rom. As you say that it worked fine at first, I don't think there is any need to flash it again. Something else is causing you the problem. Just a few tips that may help you:
          - It has been reported that if you don't have automatic time from Internet this may cause problems to wifi.
          - Try a restart (OFF/ON) of your router
          - Don't use a cable (ethernet) and wifi at the same time
          - Sometimes changing the channel in the router fixes the problem (especially if it is in a channel of 13 or above- i.e try 6 or 7 or 8)
          - Did your problem start after installing a certain apk?
          If the above doesn't solve your problem, please upload a screenshot, to understand what you mean by "wifi comes up to a sign in screen and the rest of the screen is blank". To take the screenshot just press continously for 3-4 seconds the POWER button of your remote (you will get a menu with the option of "screenshot").

Comment

Thanks for the quick reply. I will try changing the channel in the router(it's a week old). The layout of this rom is unique and I love it. I could be wrong but I think the box is more responsive and stable than the factory rom was. Thanks again.

Comment

I don't know if this is already known, but I probably found another way to fix the Play Store problem (not updating, not downloading apks etc).
              Go to "Play Store - (TopMenuLeft)- Settings". In Settings scroll down until you find the version number you have. Click upon it 6-7 or more times continously. In a few minutes it will upgrade to latest version automatically. My current version at H96 max X3 is 22.4.28-21 (but I don't remember if I had it updated before using apkpure), while in my smartphone (updated the same way) 22.4.25-21.
              Please try and report. Thank you.

Comment

no This didn't work for me although playstore still downloads fine.My wifi works good now thanks for the help. Currently my only issue is apktime will not download anything.

Comment

Hi all from Italy.

Tomorrow I will receive a Tanix TX5 Plus Deluxe Edition: is this ROM able to run on it (if anyone knows that)?

Thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by traversone View Post
                    Hi all from Italy.
                    Tomorrow I will receive a Tanix TX5 Plus Deluxe Edition: is this ROM able to run on it (if anyone knows that)?
                    Thank you!
                    This rom works perfectly for the boxes of the title. Also as you can see at 1st page is working for "tictid tx6" (I didn't know that, but the user decided to try it by himself-with success !!).

As you can see here there are contradictory feedback for if you can use H96 max X3 firmware to a Tanix TX5 plus S905X3 https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...ge2#post815897 (last 2 posts).

There is always a little trick you can do if you want to try it by yourself.
                    1. Make a backup of your partitions (with stock rom) using one of these not-permanenta TWRPs https://mega.nz/file/FpVhjarS#a10sIf...h-CpPpsxF2Y2H8 or https://mega.nz/file/R9MjkazL#MIEGGP...seSGqIOB8BoNaU or https://yadi.sk/d/9biqgCMI7RMuRA (only use the same for Backup/Restore).
                    2. Install my custom firmware with USB Burning Tool.
                    3. If you have problems (either with the wifi or ethernet or remote control etc) just replace the VENDOR partition with TWRP and the Vendor you backed up from your stock rom !!!!!

Note1: Since in my rom I have a permanent TWRP 3.3.1 probably the best choice is a similar not-permanent TWRP for Backup (having 3.3.1 inside its name).
                    Note2: You are the only one responsible for whatever you do.

Comment

I already tried a week ago his rom in my Tanix tx5 plus and I did the vendor thing because it seemed the most logical to me. I got wifi to turn on but bluetooth not

Comment

ath156

Perfect, Perfect and Perfect!
                        CONGRATULATIONS!

APKPure
                        Should I update apps using APKPure? Or Google Play Store?
                        The apps: Netflix, Disney +, Tubi and VLC are on the APKPure list of upgradables.

ClearManager
                        I clicked on Task Killer and the applications were closed.
                        I started the BOX and the closed applications did not start (example: Power Shade, TaskBar, LAN drive, etc.).
                        I did it one by one, manually. Then I restarted the BOX and the apps restarted normally.
                        That's right?

Magisk Manager
                        100% OK!
                        The 2 apps that didn't work by identifying "root", after being configured in Magisk, worked normally. Formidable!
                        There are two notifications of updates on Magisk, should I do it?

Reboot
                        Can the application be uninstalled once it has the Power Menu?

Clock
                        Can the application be uninstalled because I have installed Google Clock?

Congratulations on your quality work!

Thank you for your very special attention!

My Android TV BOX is: HK1 BOX S905X3
                        Last edited by webipsum; 10-31-2020, 21:15.

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post
                          ath156

Perfect, Perfect and Perfect!
                          CONGRATULATIONS!

APKPure
                          Should I update apps using APKPure? Or Google Play Store?
                          The apps: Netflix, Disney +, Tubi and VLC are on the APKPure list of upgradables.

ClearManager
                          I clicked on Task Killer and the applications were closed.
                          I started the BOX and the closed applications did not start (example: Power Shade, TaskBar, LAN drive, etc.).
                          I did it one by one, manually. Then I restarted the BOX and the apps restarted normally.
                          That's right?

Magisk Manager
                          100% OK!
                          The 2 apps that didn't work by identifying "root", after being configured in Magisk, worked normally. Formidable!
                          There are two notifications of updates on Magisk, should I do it?

Reboot
                          Can the application be uninstalled once it has the Power Menu?

Clock
                          Can the application be uninstalled because I have installed Google Clock?

Congratulations on your quality work!

Thank you for your very special attention!

My Android TV BOX is: HK1 BOX S905X3
                          Thank you for your kind words.

APKPure
                          I use Google Play Store but you can use also Apkpure. It's up to you.
                          In Play Store you can also try my new "discovery". Go to Settings of Play Store, find the version number and click quickly upon it about 8 times. You will become a developer there and maybe it will update itself to a newer version (if there is one available of course) !!

ClearManager
                          I have the habbit to use Task Killer after using 3 or more apks. I like to have my system as clear and as quick as possible. Also if you do not use the Task Killer some apks may be open even after a reboot.
                          You should configure basic apks (like TaskBar, PowerShade etc) to start automatically after every reboot. You should also give them all the required rights/licences.

Magisk Manager
                          As they say "If something functions right, don't touch it" !! So if you have access to everything you wish it is better not to update them. Otherwise you may have to do/add additional moves/modules etc.

Reboot
                          Yes probably this apk is useless once you have/use Power Menu (with many more options).

You can uninstall/delete any apk you think you don't need it. You have also an excellent apk "Root Explorer" which will help you to delete almost anything (but of course be very carefull what you do with it}

Comment

where can i find a good dtb file to install ubuntu? the rom is otherwise completely good no problem on h96max x3 box how can i install armbian linux on h96max x3 box? thank you for sharing

Comment

Here you go https://forum.armbian.com/topic/1399...pecifics-only/

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X