Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jeffery vandermark View Post
    Youtuber tvboxstop just put up a video of your rom. I hope he has your permission and gives you credit. Once again thanks for this great rom. I love it.
    Thank you very much for the info. Probably without your post I would never knew that.
    I made this firmware for anyone who would find it usefull to him, so I don't really demand a permission for someone to upload it elsewhere. It would be good though (or even polite) to mention the name of the developer. On the other hand the "ath156" is in the name of the custom firmware, so.........................

Comment

I would like to correct a major mistake/inaccuracy that is at the posts of the above mentioned youtuber who refers (and links) to my custom firmware:
      https://tvboxstop.com/2020-tv-boxes/...akes-it-great/ (Post)
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uf93...ature=emb_logo (youtube video)

In the "Cons" of the custom firmware he says that the "Custom ROM root switch not working" !!!

Of course the root switch is not working, because you DON'T need it, since it is rooted with Magisk.

There is no need at all of a root switch, if you have preinstalled Magisk !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If the root switch was available(working) it would cause only trouble !!

If somebody wants, feel free to comment about it on his channel.

Edit: Another inaccuracy is that you have to pay for using the Square Home 2/3 Launcher, which is not true. You can use 99% of available options completely free (and at least all the major options) and for only some secondary options (like rounded corners, etc) you can buy the paid version.
      Also as my friend webipsum already well knows, there is a "solution" even to this
      Last edited by ath156; 11-17-2020, 08:12.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
        I
        If somebody wants, feel free to comment about it on his channel.
        :
        Done!

Comment

Originally posted by tombraga View Post

Done!
          Thank you for doing both:
          - explaining why the root switch is not working (and that Magisk is preinstalled)
          - mentioning who is the developer and where this custom rom was first uploaded

Comment

To our friend ath156 the merit:
            TV Box Blog
            This is my recognition and contribution!

Comment

Featured comment
              Pinned by TV Box Stop
              TV Box Stop 31 minutes ago
              This custom ROM was developed by by ath156 (FreakTab and XDA)

Comment

Originally posted by webipsum View Post

Featured comment
                Pinned by TV Box Stop
                TV Box Stop 31 minutes ago
                This custom ROM was developed by by ath156 (FreakTab and XDA)

As I already told you in my Private Message, it seems that some of you are not only simple users of my rom, but something more. Friends.

So yes. Thanks to all my friends !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Thank you for your contribution of this free rom. I am glad to see you now are receiving recognition.

Comment

Featured comment
                    webipsum 8 hours ago (edited) <<< TV Box Stop (
                    YouTube)
                    TV Box Stop Congratulations on the video (YouTube) and the blog article.
                    Your videos and articles that help me a lot.
                    Read more

(Applause) jeffery vandermark and tombraga (Applause)
                    Last edited by webipsum; 11-18-2020, 03:54. Reason: (Applause)

Comment

ath156 e friends.

Disney Plus works fine in HK1 BOX S905X3 with firmware_by_ath156!

Hugs of the Goofy webipsum to Mickey ath156!

Comment

I have made a new version especially (and ONLY) for those that may have a new H96 max X3 with Blue Board and wifi chip IT6334
                        Since most of these boxes seem to be sold to Russia, this rom starts by default in Russian, but you can easily change the language in Settings.
                        edit: There is an English version also (LINK2)

You can fully backup your current state with a Temporary TWRP, try my rom and if you want go back to your previous state using again TWRP.

LINK1 : https://mega.nz/file/ko9xyQTJ#uDxXlP...B3izoxPAq3bQak (Russian)
                        LINK2: https://mega.nz/file/loFllYBC#LODz-A...U-axidS7KLMgZg (English)

EDIT: If you have an H96 max X3 with Blue Board the only way to know what wifi chip you have (6330 or 6334) is to open it. If you don't want to open it, please initially try the most general version of this rom(for all boxes). Only if you don't have wifi/BT (which will mean you actually have IT6334) you can use this special build for IT6334.
                        Last edited by ath156; 12-11-2020, 22:26.

Comment

The above special rom for H96 max X3 with Blue Board and wifi chip IT6334 is confirmed as having a fully functional wifi & BT
                          Last edited by ath156; 11-25-2020, 06:50.

Comment

If anybody wants to buy a new H96 max X3 there is no problem anymore if the Board is Blue or Green. You can use this custom rom (and other custom roms) regardless of the color of the board (and regardless if your wifi chip is 6330 or 6334 )

Comment

If you want to install the firmware with an sd card please do the following:

A. Download the program Burn Card Maker v2.0.3 from here : https://mega.nz/file/B0MlFSaC#0AMqAq...E4S21MHCNk84XY

B. Follow the guide from here (please take into account also the following notes) : https://mega.nz/file/x190FLLJ#adVfA5...8jGq0pxAF5KcR4
                              Note1: To change the language in English use the Tab at the top left corner.
                              Note2: At step (6) use the default settings (all boxes checked)

Comment

This instruction is for all tv box or not?

Comment

Working...
                                X