Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hormes View Post
    This instruction is for all tv box or not?
    At least for this custom rom and all the boxes of the Topic

Comment

I recently bought a new HK1 BOX and since I have an H96 max X3 (with green board) from February, I would like to note some things when you compare them.

USB Ports : In both boxes only 1 recognizes USB sticks. So I use the blue one for my wireless mouse/keyboard/airmouse dongles and the black one for USB sticks. I have no problem at all at my black USB port of my H96 max X3 to read any stick. In HK1 BOX though there are a few sticks (and I have a lot of them !) to read them But there is a simple explanation for this !!! It is due to the placement of this USB port at a 90 degrees angle - they cannot be fully inserted in some cases So sometimes I have to use an extension cable. Not a big problem but still annoying. Some people may think that it is something wrong with this port while there is this simple explanation.

Front Screen : The front screen of HK1 is much-much brighter and clearer than that of H96. I tend to believe that there is also a very simple explanation for this fact. The Chinese simply may have forgotten to remove the protective film from the led screen I have not opened my H96, but another user who did, found this situation

Temperature : Both the boxes seem to have very similar temperatures. My new HK1 BOX also must have the new design with the round hole at the top. This must be a further improvement for heat dissipation and it must have lower temps than the older versions. I also found that if you leave the protection film at the top of the box you get a significant increase in temperature !!!!

Comment

Hey! Good job! I dont know if this is allowed or not??? but could you create a magisk version of latest slimbox atv for hk1 box?

Sent from my iT-KSA0003 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by sunnytaaee View Post
          Hey! Good job! I dont know if this is allowed or not??? but could you create a magisk version of latest slimbox atv for hk1 box?
          There is a reason why both Slimbox & Vortex have not (until today) preinstalled Magisk to their custom roms. I think they are working on it.
          So for the moment my custom rom is your only option (at least until today) if you want to get a preinstalled Magisk & TWRP at the same time.
          And it is like this a long time ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Saurav144 View Post
            I tried this rom on tictid tx6 and it works perfectly well. I did not like square launcher so went with atv. Apart from that everything works really well. Wifi bluetooth sound all working grt. Thank you for your work.
            Mmh is it regular Android or ATV? I own H9x3 S905x3 dows this one suit?

Comment

Originally posted by soldiaz View Post

Mmh is it regular Android or ATV? I own H9x3 S905x3 dows this one suit?
              It is regular Android (AOSP).
              You can give it a try if you want (also the 2 pins to short in case you brick it are already known for H9 ). Maybe if you have some problems you can even replace some files in Vendor or use your Vendor partition (using TWRP).
              But you must be very carefull with these H9 boxes as it seems that there are some of them with fake memory (2GB or even 1Gb instead of 4 GB ).https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...solved-revived
              If you happen to own such a piece you may have problems anyway. Good Luck,

Comment

Yes, thought of replacing vendor for wifi and bt..did not know about fake RAM chip...will open my box and check

Do you know which chips are fake?

Comment

Yes, thought of replacing vendor for wifi and bt..did not know about fake RAM chip...will open my box and check
                  Do you know which chips are fake?
                  I don't own such a box but I was aware of its feedback, as at some time I was thinking of buying one. As you can see from my previous post I even helped some people revive their boxes.
                  According to the information/feedback of users H9 S905X3 :
                  - All (???) of the boxes have 2GB instead of 4G !!!!!
                  - Some even have 1GB instead of 4 GB !!!!!!!!!!
                  - There are reports that in some cases instead of 64GB there is only 32GB !!
                  - It may be that if you have Samsung memory chip it is 2GB and if it is Nynix only 1 GB. If you open your box you can find the memory chips and through its type find in Internet how much memory you really have.

If you recently bought that box, I think your best option is to open a dispute for a full refund or at least a partial refund (at least 50% if your memory is 2 instead of 4). If it is 1GB I think you should ask for a full refund.
                  But even if you have long ago bought this box, I think you should open a dispute anyway. This is not a problem of malfunction or something else but a simple case of deception/scam etc (you may choose the right word yourself). The firmware that is preinstalled reports that it has 4GB instead of 2 or even 1 !!!!What more proof of a known false description of a product ..........

I hope you have a box that doesn't have such problems (maybe one newly produced !!!).

This subject may be well outside the purpous of this Topic/Thread, but on the other hand it is usefull information for any of us.
                  So it would be good to report here any informarion you may get.

Good Luck anyway

Comment

And as I suggested to another forum, here is a very good application with which you can control the TVbox (any TVbox !!!) from your Smartphone.
                    1. My version from 05/05/2020 is called "AndroidRemote.v3.5n.apk".
                    2. You can find it in the Play Store under the name "Android Box Remote over Wi-Fi" or "Pub: Phan Duc Danh".
                    3. You must install it in your smart phone and TV box.
                    4. They must be connected to the same Wi-Fi.
                    5. After launching the apk on your smartphone, you must click the "Search" button to find your TVbox.

https://mega.nz/file/U1N0SbpK#S2zvsC...Lc7z_gd6Ok8mM4

There is voice search, touchpad, keyboard, d-pad and almost everything you may need !!!

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post
                      I don't own such a box but I was aware of its feedback, as at some time I was thinking of buying one. As you can see from my previous post I even helped some people revive their boxes.
                      According to the information/feedback of users H9 S905X3 :
                      - All (???) of the boxes have 2GB instead of 4G !!!!!
                      - Some even have 1GB instead of 4 GB !!!!!!!!!!
                      - There are reports that in some cases instead of 64GB there is only 32GB !!
                      - It may be that if you have Samsung memory chip it is 2GB and if it is Nynix only 1 GB. If you open your box you can find the memory chips and through its type find in Internet how much memory you really have.

If you recently bought that box, I think your best option is to open a dispute for a full refund or at least a partial refund (at least 50% if your memory is 2 instead of 4). If it is 1GB I think you should ask for a full refund.
                      But even if you have long ago bought this box, I think you should open a dispute anyway. This is not a problem of malfunction or something else but a simple case of deception/scam etc (you may choose the right word yourself). The firmware that is preinstalled reports that it has 4GB instead of 2 or even 1 !!!!What more proof of a known false description of a product ..........

Ok thanks I wondered why the box isnt acting as good as my HK1 Play S905x2 with 4GB! Now I know. Just opened case @PayPal. Could you hel me out with finding chips`? Gonna post pic here..no gonna open another thread , maybe you could contribute? My H9x3 fake too, 32GB inside instead of 64GB! Could not find RAM chips...
                      Last edited by soldiaz; 12-05-2020, 12:59.

Comment

And since we have start discussing about the hardware of our boxes, just recently I found out that Vontar X3 has exactly the same Board as HK1 Box !!
                        All of these boards are marked as "HK1" and all of them seem to have exactly the same production date "05-11-2019".
                        Some of the Vontar boxes have a serious problem (2 leds on and not able to load the firmware - or UBT stops at 7%). This may happen even on 1st use
                        It seems that there is no such problem to HK1 Box (luckily for all of us that have this box ).

Comment

Which HK1? I have HK1 PLAY S905x2, really like this box

Comment

HK1 Box is an Amlogic S905X3 box (not 905X2).https://i.postimg.cc/pmR7YJ5h/IMG-20201118-101022.jpg

Comment

HK1 Box is an Amlogic S905X3 box (not 905X2).

Comment

And as right now another user informed me, he installed my custom rom to his X96 Air P2 and everything seems to be OK
                                Thank you for your feedback.:) Taking into account your remarks here are the corrected instructions to install the rom with an SD card : If you want to install the firmware with an sd card please do the following: A.* Download the program Burn...

Comment

Working...
                                X