Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[ROM] Mod: HK1 X3 / H96 max X3 / VONTAR X3 / Transpeed X3 Air / Bqeel Y8 Max (Amlogic S905X3)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hannah View Post
    Hello All,

Question: Does this ROM work in this TV Box Please?

Tanix TX3 4GB,32GB Amlogic S905X3 2.4G/5GHz Dual Wifi BT 4.2

Details from PCB:
    CS_905X3_TX95_B4_QZ_V1.2 (This a QZ version of the Board)

WIFI / BLUETooth Chip:
    SP6330 (this driver works BCM4330)
    ZX190906

- PCB Pic Link: https://ibb.co/zbqW5HH

Thank you in advance.

Regards
    Hannah
    Hello.
    You can try if you want.In fact you can try not "blindly" as you already know from other posts that TX3 seems to be almost compatible with Bqeel Y8 max, therefore with all the others of this greater "family" (H96 max X3, HK1 Box etc).https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...545#post802545
    Obviously you already know that since you posted in this thread.

So if you want to try it, I think you must do the following:

1. Make a TWRP backup of your current firmware (at least Boot, System, Vendor and Data partitions) using a non-permanent TWRP.
    2. Install this custom rom using USB Burning Tool.
    3. In case you have any problem with a subsystem (i.e. wifi/bt, ethernet, original remote control etc) just use TWRP to restore ONLY the "Vendor" partition of your current TWRP backup.

If you try this please report. In any case Good Luck.

Comment

I see this key file error while trying to import the .img to UBT.
      How to resolve this, please?

Click image for larger version

Name:	key_fie_issue.jpg
Views:	815
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	820731

Comment

I see this key file error while trying to import the .img to UBT.
        How to resolve this, please?
        Did you download the "Licence" rar file, unrar it and copy the whole "Licence" directory where your USB Burning Tool is installed in Windows?
        Please read carefully the "How to Install" section at 1st post.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

Did you download the "Licence" rar file, unrar it and copy the whole "Licence" directory where your USB Burning Tool is installed in Windows?
          Please read carefully the "How to Install" section at 1st post.
          My bad. I will follow the instruction and will report back the outcome.
          Thank you for your prompt response.

Comment

Hello All,

Question: Does this ROM work in this TV Box Please?

Tanix TX3 4GB,32GB Amlogic S905X3 2.4G/5GHz Dual Wifi BT 4.2

Details from PCB:
            CS_905X3_TX95_B4_QZ_V1.2 (This a QZ version of the Board)

WIFI / BLUETooth Chip:
            SP6330 (this driver works BCM4330)
            ZX190906

- PCB Pic Link: https://ibb.co/zbqW5HH

Thank you in advance.

Regards
            Hannah
            I can confirm that this ROM works in this BOX.

NOT Working: IR Remote.

Comment

I can confirm that this ROM works in this BOX.

NOT Working: IR Remote.
              1. If your only problem is the IR Remote not working and everything else is OK (like wifi/bt, ethernet etc) than you could try the following:
              - Copy from your original firmware files from "vendor/etc" and more specific: remote.cfg, remote.tab1, remote.tab2, remote.tab3
              -
              Copy from your original firmware files from "vendor/usr/keylayout/" and specifically the file: Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl
              If you already have these files or if you have your original/stock image you can give it to me (either upload the files somewhere or give me the link to your stock firmware) and probably I will make a zip file for you to install it through TWRP.

2. On the other hand you could just Restore your "Vendor" partition from your original stock with TWRP. This will fix your IR Remote, but you may have some minor other issues (or not at all issues).

You could either try 1 or 2 (its up to you what to do)

Comment

1. If your only problem is the IR Remote not working and everything else is OK (like wifi/bt, ethernet etc) than you could try the following:
                - Copy from your original firmware files from "vendor/etc" and more specific: remote.cfg, remote.tab1, remote.tab2, remote.tab3
                -
                Copy from your original firmware files from "vendor/usr/keylayout/" and specifically the file: Vendor_0001_Product_0001.kl
                If you already have these files or if you have your original/stock image you can give it to me (either upload the files somewhere or give me the link to your stock firmware) and probably I will make a zip file for you to install it through TWRP.

2. On the other hand you could just Restore your "Vendor" partition from your original stock with TWRP. This will fix your IR Remote, but you may have some minor other issues (or not at all issues).

You could either try 1 or 2 (its up to you what to do)
                I am very happy that you took time to write this detailed instruction. I am sure it will help others.
                While this is such a good ROM with very good WIFI connectivity, I would need to install an ATV based ROM.

Thank you very much for your effort.

Regards

Comment

I am very happy that you took time to write this detailed instruction. I am sure it will help others.
                  While this is such a good ROM with very good WIFI connectivity, I would need to install an ATV based ROM.

Thank you very much for your effort.

Regards
                  If you were following this thread you would know that maybe there is a very simple way to convert it from AOSP(Pie) to ATV according to my post:https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...933#post818933
                  Anyway I wish you can find what you are looking for your TVbox.
                  Best regards

Comment

If you were following this thread you would know that maybe there is a very simple way to convert it from AOSP(Pie) to ATV according to my post:https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...933#post818933
                    Anyway I wish you can find what you are looking for your TVbox.
                    Best regards
                    You are too good an instructor.
                    I can confirm that that the above instruction will convert this TV ROM to an ATV ROM.

It works in Tanix TX3 4GB,32GB Amlogic S905X3.
                    I am running ATV in your ROM.

Thank you
                    Hannah

Comment

I just bought a HX1 X3.

While I tried to download firmware through UBT, it always shows this error.
                      "Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error Result"

Does anyone know how to solve it? Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by dong221 View Post
                        I just bought a HX1 X3.

While I tried to download firmware through UBT, it always shows this error.
                        "Erase bootloader/Lowper/Identify/Error Result"

Does anyone know how to solve it? Thanks.
                        Most probably you are using a very long USB-A/USB-A cable. How long is the cable?
                        You may also have to change USB port (try different USB ports especially if you are using a tower PC). Anyway the message is very clear "Low Power"

Comment

Most probably you are using a very long USB-A/USB-A cable. How long is the cable?
                          You may also have to change USB port (try different USB ports especially if you are using a tower PC). Anyway the message is very clear "Low Power"
                          It works now with a new notebook.

It failed on my desktop PC and an old notebook before.
                          (The same error.)

Thank you for your advice.

Comment

Hi, I have installed your rom for HK1, mainly because I needed magisk to use rclone mount, I tried to use rclone module but was asking me to update magisk to latest version , I did but not working properly, could you please release the rom with updated magisk??
                            thanks

Comment

Originally posted by tulkar View Post
                              Hi, I have installed your rom for HK1, mainly because I needed magisk to use rclone mount, I tried to use rclone module but was asking me to update magisk to latest version , I did but not working properly, could you please release the rom with updated magisk??
                              thanks
                              As I already answered in PM there is no need for a new release of the rom with updated magisk. If you update the preinstalled Magisk from inside it correctly, you will get the latest versions for both Magisk and App (which as of today is version 22.0 for both of them). You will get something like this (this is a screenshot of my H96 max X3):

You may need to use "1=Cog Wheel", "2=Superuser" and "3=modules" and "Hide" options in order to succeed in what you need. For further needs (accessing special services, modules etc) you may need to do further steps which are described in a Help PDF file I have long ago made (if you need it please sent a PM).
                              Last edited by ath156; 03-12-2021, 06:12.

Comment

If you want to transform this custom rom from AOSP (which is by default) to ATV, just use Magisk and enable/load this module (it seems to be a better version of the module).https://mega.nz/file/ch9yVTjB#Q_VR0e...dswe-oTiveh-fs

Please report the experince with it.
                                Last edited by ath156; 03-21-2021, 22:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X