Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Suggestion for box s905x3 and up to US $50!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Suggestion for box s905x3 and up to US $50!?

I'm looking to buy a box s905x3 with good Wi-Fi and Ethernet connection. Up to $ 50.
    any suggestion??

my need is:
    • S905x3
    • Ethernet and wifi great speed (minimum 100mb)
    • bluetooth
    • 4gb ram
    • No need “certificated” (Netflix 4K)
    • Up to $50
    • intend to put modified rom (Atv)

I'm in doubt in:
    • Tx5 Max plus - my favorite but I still haven't found a store to send to my region (AliExpress, geekbuying, Amazon ...)
    • X96 Max plus - I'm in doubt because there are reports of overheating
    • TOX1 - I'm in doubt because there are reports of overheating
    Last edited by Arthur; 09-30-2020, 23:05.

Mecool KM1, Ugoos X3 Cube, Khadas VIM3L, are the best with X3, but are usually priced above $50, they also offer better support and features than all of the Cheap "NoName" Generic brand set-top boxes.

If you live somewhere that will have access to Amazon Prime Day sales coming up, then is better to save up and spend a little more cash on the FireTV Cube (gen2) - will be on sale under a $100, which is a smoking good deal on a TVbox with an AMlogic S922X chipset. There is no substitute for more POWER.

Also, the newly released TOX1 box looks to be good deal.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
      Mecool KM1, Ugoos X3 Cube, Khadas VIM3L, are the best with X3, but are usually priced above $50, they also offer better support and features than all of the Cheap "NoName" Generic brand set-top boxes.

If you live somewhere that will have access to Amazon Prime Day sales coming up, then is better to save up and spend a little more cash on the FireTV Cube (gen2) - will be on sale under a $100, which is a smoking good deal on a TVbox with an AMlogic S922X chipset. There is no substitute for more POWER.

Also, the newly released TOX1 box looks to be good deal.
      Thank you my friend, great suggestions. Fire tv cube is a lot for me, I don't need Netflix 4K, Amazon prime ... and it's also not available for shipping to my region. I was thinking about x96 max plus, but there are reports of overheating. I thought of the a95x f3 but the ethernet is low. I have a t95q (s905x2 and xtmod atv9) and I wanted something a little better ...

Comment

Originally posted by Arthur View Post

Thank you my friend, great suggestions. Fire tv cube is a lot for me, I don't need Netflix 4K, Amazon prime ... and it's also not available for shipping to my region. I was thinking about x96 max plus, but there are reports of overheating. I thought of the a95x f3 but the ethernet is low. I have a t95q (s905x2 and xtmod atv9) and I wanted something a little better ...
        I have an H96 max X3 since February and I'm fully satisfied consindering of course also that I bought it for 35 euros. It has 1.000Mb/1Gb LAN and that was also one of the main reasons that I bought it. There are some clones of it as you can see from the topic of the custom firmware I have made https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...amlogic-s905x3.
        As far as temperatures are concerned, I think that if you are going to use 4K or play games it is a good idea to place a fan/fan base underneath every box you may finally decide.

Comment

Originally posted by ath156 View Post

I have an H96 max X3 since February and I'm fully satisfied consindering of course also that I bought it for 35 euros. It has 1.000Mb/1Gb LAN and that was also one of the main reasons that I bought it. There are some clones of it as you can see from the topic of the custom firmware I have made https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...amlogic-s905x3.
          As far as temperatures are concerned, I think that if you are going to use 4K or play games it is a good idea to place a fan/fan base underneath every box you may finally decide.
          it's a great box, I'm in doubt:
          - X96 max plus
          - TOX1
          - H96 x3
          - A95x f3
          - Magicsee n5 max
          - Ugoos X3 cube

Or even the TANIX tx5 plus but I don't think where to buy it.

Comment

.... I have a t95q (s905x2 and xtmod atv9) and I wanted something a little better ...
            The S905X2 change to S905X3 is not a huge jump in performance. A good firmware on a S905X2 box can perform just as well or similar to the S905X3. If you really want BETTER than you must upgrade to the more powerful S922X boxes.

it's a great box, I'm in doubt:
            - X96 max plus
            - TOX1
            - H96 x3
            - A95x f3
            - Magicsee n5 max
            - Ugoos X3 cube
            Or even the TANIX tx5 plus but I don't think where to buy it.
            The best 2 boxes from that list are the Ugoos X3 and TOX1. Why, because of the quality of the stock original firmware. If you want a box just to immediately burn a custom ROM then do some research on which box has the most ROM's and support here on FreakTab and XDA-developers website.
            Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 09-27-2020, 13:13. Reason: typo

Comment

The S905X2 change to S905X3 is not a huge jump in performance. A good firmware on a S905X2 box can perform just as well or similar to the S905X3. If you really want BETTER than you must upgrade to the more powerful S922X boxes.

The best 2 boxes from that list are the Ugoos X3 and TOX1. Why, because of the quality of the stock original firmware. If you want a box just to immediately burn a custom ROM then do some research on which box has the most ROM's and support here on FreakTab and XDA-developers website.
              I'm honestly thinking to buy either A95X F3 or the new box Tox1. The thing is that I've heard so many great things about A95X F3 and that is also have low temperature so it doesn't overheat. But I haven't heard much about Tox1. So you think that box will overheat? It have DDR4 compared to A95X F3.

Comment

S922x processors are over $ 50, unfortunately that's a lot for me. I am very interested in TOX1.

Do you know this box? I don't know this processor

http://www.tanix-box.com/project-vie...130-android-9/

Comment

Originally posted by prefor View Post

I'm honestly thinking to buy either A95X F3 or the new box Tox1. The thing is that I've heard so many great things about A95X F3 and that is also have low temperature so it doesn't overheat. But I haven't heard much about Tox1. So you think that box will overheat? It have DDR4 compared to A95X F3.
                  I liked this box too (a95x f3), but there are reports that its lan port is low speed (35 MB max.)

Comment

I liked this box too (a95x f3), but there are reports that its lan port is low speed (35 MB max.)

Yeah it's actually too bad. That and it also uses DDR3... For me however Lan speed doesn't matter, since I have to use wi-fi, but it's the DDR3 that makes me want to buy another box instead that have the same specs, doesn't overheat (like A95X F3) but have DDR4. So far TOX1 seems the better option, but I don't know if it overheat like x96 max plus...

Comment

Yeah it's actually too bad. That and it also uses DDR3... For me however Lan speed doesn't matter, since I have to use wi-fi, but it's the DDR3 that makes me want to buy another box instead that have the same specs, doesn't overheat (like A95X F3) but have DDR4. So far TOX1 seems the better option, but I don't know if it overheat like x96 max plus...
                      exactly

Comment

Are there 2 versions of TOX1? ddr3 and another ddr4? I asked several aliexpress sellers and they all informed me that they were ddr3. You can tell me if they are wrong or the ddr4 version is only available in another store?

Comment

S922x processors are over $ 50, unfortunately that's a lot for me. I am very interested in TOX1.

Do you know this box? I don't know this processor

http://www.tanix-box.com/project-vie...130-android-9/
                          In that link you can also view the TX5 Plus you were interested in.

Testing Deluxe Edition
                          No probs so far
                          With Factory Firmware/have not flashed any custom Roms yet
                          Alice UX takes abit...
                          DDR3 and all that...
                          I always install / use a cooling Fan on Underside of Box/Older Laptop Dual Cooling Fan/USB power from Box.

Not suggesting you buy it...

Happy Testing

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post

In that link you can also view the TX5 Plus you were interested in.

Testing Deluxe Edition
                            No probs so far
                            With Factory Firmware/have not flashed any custom Roms yet
                            Alice UX takes abit...
                            DDR3 and all that...
                            I always install / use a cooling Fan on Underside of Box/Older Laptop Dual Cooling Fan/USB power from Box.

Not suggesting you buy it...

Happy Testing
                            thanks for the report, where can i buy the tx5 plus? on the tanix website there is no option to purchase

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmm
                              May be rebranded Tx3
                              Not sure if still available could try,Geekbuying,newegg.com.aliexpress,amazon.de,ama zon.co/uk,amazon/brazil....

Comment

Working...
                              X