Android_12 for X96 max plus2 4gb/64gb

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android_12 for X96 max plus2 4gb/64gb

I have installed android 12 on X96 max plus2 4gb / 64gb box.
    GitHub is where people build software. More than 100 million people use GitHub to discover, fork, and contribute to over 420 million projects.
    Last edited by sagert; 11-18-2021, 20:16.

Awesome

What source you use for ROM? GSI ?

Comment

So, any known bugs?
      Any good improvements?
      Does the rom have root?
      are you planning to make this rom compatible with other units?

anyway.. good work

Comment

Released my first build phhusson for android 12 with a64 ab architecture.

Comment

There are no gapps here yet, and the root is right. But it works harosho. There are no required apps and browser yet. But they can be installed via bluetooth or memory card or twrp. Yes, this is a test release of phhusson and will definitely add all of this to the image in the future. And I can port it in an improved version. Yes, there you can easily port the port to other devices. There is little need, just increase the system size and resize the system in dtb. Also replace the modified dtb in recovery and boot. Over time, of course, it will be complete. this port and possibly other devices. But I am currently having problems with the internet. I'm on a limited mobile internet.

Comment

It also works on the X96 Air 4 / 64GB. The firmware looks like a mobile phone more than an android box, I don't like it, I prefer Android 9 ATV.

Comment

Developers make a simple AOSP first and then add ATV elements to it. Tried porting android 12 ATV from adt3 devices from google, but porting there is very difficult. There is already a kernel with 64 bits and the architecture may be different. If Amlogic employees posted an image of android 10 with 64 bits, then it would be a big step forward.

Comment

I can certainly help other TV boxes on x3. But there are already so many modifications, even on the X96 max plus, there are a lot of them. The first problem is that the size of the system partition in these boxes is small, and in order for the system to fit on android 12, it must be increased to 2 GB. This is done in dtb, only one indicator changes there. And then this modified dtb is installed in boot and recovery. Then the kitchen from XVortex v5 is taken. And your working firmware is unpacked on android 9 first level. And at the first level you need to replace the changed _aml.dtb .PARTITION, boot.PARTITION, recovery.PARTITION and still need to pull out system.PARTITION from my firmware and replace it with your firmware. Then build the firmware. And you get android 12 gsi. You can flash it to your box using UBT V2.2.0.

Comment

I also found gapps for android 12 arm. And installed them through twrp. The installation was successful, but so far I can not get certification from google. But maybe in the future I will find a way to get google certification for android 12. Or maybe phhusson will install it in new assemblies gapps.
                  Hi All, Welcome to the official BiTGApps Release thread! A Custom Google Apps Package which contain Minimal, But has all the required Google Applications to get Google Services functionality. It comes with many useful features and easy...

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post
                    I can certainly help other TV boxes on x3. But there are already so many modifications, even on the X96 max plus, there are a lot of them. The first problem is that the size of the system partition in these boxes is small, and in order for the system to fit on android 12, it must be increased to 2 GB. This is done in dtb, only one indicator changes there. And then this modified dtb is installed in boot and recovery. Then the kitchen from XVortex v5 is taken. And your working firmware is unpacked on android 9 first level. And at the first level you need to replace the changed _aml.dtb .PARTITION, boot.PARTITION, recovery.PARTITION and still need to pull out system.PARTITION from my firmware and replace it with your firmware. Then build the firmware. And you get android 12 gsi. You can flash it to your box using UBT V2.2.0.
                    Hmmmmmmm

Slimbox build your own Device Tree Blob is in Kernel..

Thats why Slimbox image loads then Android..

This is Awesome !!!
                    Great Work sagert !!!!!!

Testing on Tanix TX5 Plus Deluxe Edition
                    4/64
                    S905X3

No front display/or IR for remote control
                    Thats not matter

Can navigate with USB wired mouse/USB Air Mouse/..

Pretty bare bones
                    Almost a Build your own Android 12..

Wifi and Bluetooth both excellent

First step in settings chng screen timeout to 30 mins/

Sideload APK from USB Thumb DRive
                    App installer does not work
                    File explore is good

Some APK when open screen Rotates
                    First time i reached for TV Box to Rotate Back
                    Ha Ha Ha

Easter Egg is Clock

idoK Matrix 19.2 works fine..

More Testing...

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post

Hmmmmmmm

Slimbox build your own Device Tree Blob is in Kernel..

Thats why Slimbox image loads then Android..

This is Awesome !!!
                      Great Work sagert !!!!!!

Testing on Tanix TX5 Plus Deluxe Edition
                      4/64
                      S905X3

No front display/or IR for remote control
                      Thats not matter

Can navigate with USB wired mouse/USB Air Mouse/..

Pretty bare bones
                      Almost a Build your own Android 12..

Wifi and Bluetooth both excellent

First step in settings chng screen timeout to 30 mins/

Sideload APK from USB Thumb DRive
                      App installer does not work
                      File explore is good

Some APK when open screen Rotates
                      First time i reached for TV Box to Rotate Back
                      Ha Ha Ha

Easter Egg is Clock

idoK Matrix 19.2 works fine..

More Testing...
                      If you want all the drivers to work for you, you need to rebuild your firmware, working android 9. Perhaps some drivers are different. Take your firmware working android 9 and disassemble it to the first level. Then you need to modify such sections as I wrote _aml_dtb.PARTITION, boot. PARTITION, recovery.PARTITION. To just increase the system partition to at least 2gb. There you need to replace only one value in dtb 0 × 80000000. This is the hexadecimal disappearance system in dtb. And the usual is decimal disappearance system. So this number is 0 × 80000000 means 2gb. You also need to transfer system.PARTITION from my firmware and then assemble the firmware and flash it. Yes, it's also difficult with programs, but maybe phhusson will add programs to the Android 12 gsi image in the near future. Or maybe someone else will improve from the developers. So else you can port this image to 2gb / 16gb memory. You just need to modify the dtb, boot, recovery of those firmware again. If it's difficult for someone to fix your dtb, boot, rec here overy. I can modify them. And so I have no place where to lay out entire firmwares simply.

Comment

If you want all the drivers to work for you, you need to rebuild your firmware, working android 9. Perhaps some drivers are different. Take your firmware working android 9 and disassemble it to the first level. Then you need to modify such sections as I wrote _aml_dtb.PARTITION, boot. PARTITION, recovery.PARTITION. To just increase the system partition to at least 2gb. There you need to replace only one value in dtb 0 × 80000000. This is the hexadecimal disappearance system in dtb. And the usual is decimal disappearance system. So this number is 0 × 80000000 means 2gb. You also need to transfer system.PARTITION from my firmware and then assemble the firmware and flash it. Yes, it's also difficult with programs, but maybe phhusson will add programs to the Android 12 gsi image in the near future. Or maybe someone else will improve from the developers. So else you can port this image to 2gb / 16gb memory. You just need to modify the dtb, boot, recovery of those firmware again. If it's difficult for someone to fix your dtb, boot, rec here overy. I can modify them. And so I have no place where to lay out entire firmwares simply.
                        Oh is that all i have to do?

Ha Ha
                        That is most overwhelming..
                        I have Amlogic Tools 6.0 by Ricky
                        Nayam,s Tool/unpacker for andoid 8
                        There is no windows based/supprted Tool for Android 9 and up.

I have Rockchip SBC with Armbian Bionic Desktop
                        This is the only Linux Based Machine i have
                        Truthfully even if bc-tool bumerc was compatible with Rockchip Armbian
                        I would be totally lost/overwhelmed....

Have been reading/researching Android 12 and its release Early October..
                        Was surprised how a custom Rom is here already
                        Came across your Thread and decided to have a go.

So Iam testing your Firmware as average TV Box User
                        There is much in common in your DTB with Tanix Box
                        Iam sure missing Drivers in Kernel would bring back Front display/Clock/Remote Control Functions..
                        I really Dont need those Functions to Test.

I have Ethernet
                        Wifi
                        Bluetooth
                        Which is most Excellent!!

More Testing

Happy Testing

Comment

Review of android 12. And in android 12 there was a function of connecting to a smart home at a distance. That is, if you want to feed your dog at a distance, then you can do it with android 12. And many other functions of remote control of your home.
                          You've heard of Android 12.1, but have you seen it? We go hands-on with the update, offering a first look at the new features for foldables!

Comment

Review of android 12. And in android 12 there was a function of connecting to a smart home at a distance. That is, if you want to feed your dog at a distance, then you can do it with android 12. And many other functions of remote control of your home.
                            You've heard of Android 12.1, but have you seen it? We go hands-on with the update, offering a first look at the new features for foldables!
                            Yes
                            Found that Function in swipe Down/Pull down menu
                            Device Controls>
                            Cat Controls with check Boxes for

Water Bubbler
                            Toy
                            Food Bowl

Iam trying to install gapps that you posted

ADB/ sideload
                            ADB/install Zip

No success

When boot to Recovery all i have is TWRP splash screen
                            There is no Script>...

Is Custom Recovery/ TWRP mapped to your DTB only?

AS you posted above missing Drivers/Data from Tanix in Kernel?

What is Serial Console enabled / Check Bootload?

More Testing

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post

Yes
                              Found that Function in swipe Down/Pull down menu
                              Device Controls>
                              Cat Controls with check Boxes for

Water Bubbler
                              Toy
                              Food Bowl

Iam trying to install gapps that you posted

ADB/ sideload
                              ADB/install Zip

No success

When boot to Recovery all i have is TWRP splash screen
                              There is no Script>...

Is Custom Recovery/ TWRP mapped to your DTB only?

AS you posted above missing Drivers/Data from Tanix in Kernel?

What is Serial Console enabled / Check Bootload?

More Testing
                              I took twrp from the official page:

Now there are other builds from phhusson and other developers. I will soon try to load ports from them. There are more modifications. But in twrp there is multidtb there is a dtb which consists of 2 or more dtb. I have not modified it this dtb. So in This twrp works for me. But so far there was no time and I did not find a tool that would open this multidtb and leave only one dtb for 4gb and still need to modify it. Nothing in the near future this problem with gapps may disappear with the arrival of new images, where there is there will be gapps, but I'll see what I can do.

Comment

Working...
                              X