TUREWELL T95 Max+ Teardown Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TUREWELL T95 Max+ Teardown Pictures

This is a pictoral teardown of the TUREWELL T95 Max+.

This Chinese Android TV Box was purchased from Amazon UK.

Click image for larger version  Name:	1.jpg Views:	6 Size:	111.4 KB ID:	796609Click image for larger version  Name:	2.jpg Views:	4 Size:	85.9 KB ID:	796611Click image for larger version  Name:	3.jpg Views:	4 Size:	99.6 KB ID:	796618Click image for larger version  Name:	4.jpg Views:	4 Size:	99.7 KB ID:	796621

Click image for larger version  Name:	5.jpg Views:	4 Size:	105.7 KB ID:	796617Click image for larger version  Name:	6.jpg Views:	4 Size:	97.4 KB ID:	796624Click image for larger version  Name:	7.jpg Views:	4 Size:	109.8 KB ID:	796620Click image for larger version  Name:	8.jpg Views:	3 Size:	87.4 KB ID:	796616

Click image for larger version  Name:	9.jpg Views:	3 Size:	99.0 KB ID:	796623Click image for larger version  Name:	10.jpg Views:	3 Size:	105.4 KB ID:	796622Click image for larger version  Name:	11.jpg Views:	3 Size:	102.3 KB ID:	796619Click image for larger version  Name:	12.jpg Views:	3 Size:	107.2 KB ID:	796615

Click image for larger version  Name:	13.jpg Views:	3 Size:	102.1 KB ID:	796612Click image for larger version  Name:	14.jpg Views:	3 Size:	110.5 KB ID:	796613Click image for larger version  Name:	15.jpg Views:	3 Size:	89.7 KB ID:	796610Click image for larger version  Name:	16.jpg Views:	3 Size:	116.5 KB ID:	796614

Hope this helps anyone. I myself improved the cooling paste and ran a small Raspberry Pi fan conected to the USB power solder pads.
    Last edited by trebor; 01-28-2020, 22:59.

Forgot to mention it's the 4/32 version with an S905X3 CPU.

Comment

akh, i c, no screw needed to open the case. btw, do you have link for firmware? i got a problem with this box.., sometimes when streaming, no sound output for around half second i think, not sure is the problem. i'm trying to root it, but, supersu incompatible with the su file... already try change cpu governor to performance, the sound output glitch still not being solved..

Comment

Sorry friend, No Firmware available yet. I tried their website and have emailed the support mail address but they haven't been in touch yet. I tried some generic USB/SD Card flash files but they wouldn't work. Most rely on a reset button but this Chinese clone doesnt have one. I agree with you with the performance though... it's terrible and needs a better firmware. Root would be great as I cannot seem to find a good Netflix APK to work on this box without spoofing the app into thinking that its a phone without root. If you find anything please let me know

Comment

I have same model (4/32), but looks like it is already rooted. I can use "adb shell" with root, and am able to modify files on /system partition by doing "adb remount". I am not trying any new firmware because I don't have the original firmware. Searched a lot on web, but not able to find it anywhere. I have done a full backup using TWRP, but I don't know how to convert it to AmLogic flashable package that can be used by USB Burning Tool.

Comment

You must've had a lucky purchase. I cannot get ROOT. Let alone use TWRP. I tried Magisk too but to no avail. I hope firmware becomes available for it so can make it more functional. In the mean time I bought another NVIDIA SHIELD TV Pro which does everything I need + more lol

Comment

SniperJunkie BTW, this box does have a reset button. That is how I was able to run TWRP. I inserted a thin stick inside the AV jack at the back of the box. It does have a button at the end of the jack. Keep the button pressed and start the box - it boots into stock recovery.
              • Copy TWRP_322.zip on a USB stick and keep it inserted in the box.
              • Keep reset button pressed, and plug in the power. It will boot into stock recovery.
              • Select "Apply update from EXT" and select TWRP_322.zip from USB stick. It will directly start TWRP. No need to install it permanently.

Comment

Thats great, I'll try as soon as I get the chance

Comment

Originally posted by drsam007 View Post
                  SniperJunkie BTW, this box does have a reset button. That is how I was able to run TWRP. I inserted a thin stick inside the AV jack at the back of the box. It does have a button at the end of the jack. Keep the button pressed and start the box - it boots into stock recovery.
                  • Copy TWRP_322.zip on a USB stick and keep it inserted in the box.
                  • Keep reset button pressed, and plug in the power. It will boot into stock recovery.
                  • Select "Apply update from EXT" and select TWRP_322.zip from USB stick. It will directly start TWRP. No need to install it permanently.
                  can i install a custom firmware? which one is the best.

Comment

Okay I managed to run TWRP, but it won't let me root using SuperSU or Magisk. It just resets upon restarting very puzzling.

Comment

Originally posted by sssolider2 View Post

can i install a custom firmware? which one is the best.
                      I have not found any ROM specific to this device, and not even official firmware is available anywhere. I hope someone tries some ROM (e.g. superceleron's SC1) on this device and let us know if it works

Comment

Originally posted by SniperJunkie View Post
                        Okay I managed to run TWRP, but it won't let me root using SuperSU or Magisk. It just resets upon restarting very puzzling.
                        I just use "adb shell" and do whatever I want as root. Why do you need SuperSU / Magisk?

Comment

Spoke too soon.. Looks like someone got official firmware by asking the seller on Amazon:
                          Here are the ways to tell you how to do, please open the link: https://mega.nz/#F!92Bj3CSb!1INw2xiq6hRDjW_Y2cFSGA And, here is the firmware link: https://mega.nz/#F!GmZDlSha!-u06pyBlua0JjqJNF2egrg "I got these from the manufacturer by emailing them via Amazon."

Comment

Originally posted by drsam007 View Post

I just use "adb shell" and do whatever I want as root. Why do you need SuperSU / Magisk?
                            Im after the addons in Magisk to spoof into thinking its a supported Google box so the official Netflix apk will work through Play Store. I have found hacked Netflix apks that will support 4K/HD etc. but I like to be on the latest official version.

Comment

I have found this box to also be named the TANIX TX3. So I wonder if any custom firmware is available for that device.

Comment

Working...
                              X