TUREWELL T95 Max+ Teardown Pictures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brendroid View Post

Hi drsam007, thanks for the ROM you made i have it flashed successfully on my T95MAX+, i have an issue though, i dont think its recognising the reset button anymore in the AV port? can you confirm the same for you please? I hold the button as usual before it starts to boot but it just boots as normal.
    I am not clear what you are expecting to happen if you keep reset button pressed. If you need to flash new ROM, then I am able to do that by keeping reset button pressed, and then just connecting USB with Amlogic burning tool ready. It starts flashing.

Comment

Hi does anyone know how to unbrick the device?

Comment

Originally posted by DaMeZ View Post
        Did you try flashing ROM using AMLogic Tools?

Comment

Originally posted by drsam007 View Post

Did you try flashing ROM using AMLogic Tools?
          No I haven't tried.. The computer isn't picking up the usb I flashed the wrong firmware by mistake.. I'll try amlogic tools hopefully works..

Comment

Hey DaMeZ

Currently Testing S905X3
            Board is different layout...

However

See Post #27 img 10

Below the sticker just to the left.

Looks like contact points

GND
            TX
            RX
            VCC

** If you have u-art adapter try to establish serial communication.

Open up PuTTY/or other and Log a session.

Once PC recognizes
            OPen up Amlogic Burning Tool/Rockchip Tool/Android Develop Tool/Etc..

Should be able to connect and unbrick

** This tip/info comes from reading older threads from 2013,2014, to current so Credit To

balbes150
            Mo123
            Magendanz
            Finless
            superceleron
            gefattern
            trebor
            possibly an older member/Freaktab wizard/maybe even junior member

I can not remember

So credit to ALL

Happy Testing

Comment

All done found the points finally unbricked the device thanks for advice..

Comment

There is a video on YT in Russian that had these files linked that helped me get my T95 Max Plus rooted.

Download the zipped file.
                https://mega.nz/file/vQ9V1LrB#a_41Lg...4RHnZVPxunBVig

Unzip and there is a TWRP zip that I used to boot into TWRP. Inside TWRP I installed the patched .img to the boot image. Reboot and install Magisk Manager and now you are rooted.

The recent OTA update breaks root. Reinstall the patched .img file to restore root.

Comment

Originally posted by Rccm1112 View Post
                  There is a video on YT in Russian that had these files linked that helped me get my T95 Max Plus rooted.

Download the zipped file.
                  https://mega.nz/file/vQ9V1LrB#a_41Lg...4RHnZVPxunBVig

Unzip and there is a TWRP zip that I used to boot into TWRP. Inside TWRP I installed the patched .img to the boot image. Reboot and install Magisk Manager and now you are rooted.

The recent OTA update breaks root. Reinstall the patched .img file to restore root.
                  I still dont have root , Magisk and boot image installed ok , then installed magisk manager apk, but I dont get any prompts from Magisk from apps needing root

Uninstalled magisk , reinstalled patched .img and magisk but used an old SD card rather than USB sick and it worked
                  Last edited by Spiderdyl; 10-09-2020, 20:33.

Comment

Where is the antenna ? Is it PCB antenna only? How about wifi strength? Found the device for 35 EUR shipping included on ****

Comment

The antenna is under the brand name, at the lower right corner. The wifi strenght is crap and with no more than 65 mbps top sync speed, at 802.11 A/AC.

BTW, can anyone download the firmware in the Turewell website? I get XML errors when clicking on the link.

Comment

Hi All
                        I have the S905X3 T95Max Plus 4/32 box
                        I get 60/62* Celsius after 2/3 hours showing movies but I see this is average normal temp for this SoC ?
                        I see that the thermal rad is glued to the plastic upper box I mean I think by just putting/plugging a big USB 5V fan 2x2 on the box hood could decrease the temperature from ten degrees C ? Am I right ? Did anyone tried this ?

Comment

All done found the points finally unbricked the device thanks for advice..
                          Tutorial please!!!
                          Unbriked T95 .....

Comment

is it possible to modify this box and put an external antenna?

Comment

Working...
                            X