EACHLINK X3 MINI Android 9.0 Smart 4K TV Box - Black 4GB DDR4 +64GB EMMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by napalmd View Post

I used the toothpic method. the firmware has a more recent version of android and now can install apps from app store
    I couldn't seem to find the button via the toothpick method. In which hole is it?

In the meantime, I looked at the ABOUT page and it looks like my box already came with that firmware. At least the date is the same.

In my case, I can install apps via the Play Store app. The trouble is that there are many apps which say "Incompatible with your device" and don't show the "Install" button. Is this the same with the rest of you? Maybe it means that many apps are not marked as compatible with Android 9.0 and thus they don't have the option to install? Personally I doubt that this is the case because stuff like, e.g. Youtube, will also not install via Play Store. But there are other apps which have no problem.

Comment

Originally posted by NamTSP View Post

I cant boot it into the recovery mode
      You don't go to recovery. you press reset button while inserting usb cable in the usb 2.0 port, as show in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jVl_JnK1I

zapatero I could install any app I wanted. My box came with a firmware from february 2019, and now it is from december 2019. But I went test the youtube app and it does not apear on search. it does have a smart youtube app already installed and it works...

Comment

You don't go to recovery. you press reset button while inserting usb cable in the usb 2.0 port, as show in this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S7jVl_JnK1I

zapatero I could install any app I wanted. My box came with a firmware from february 2019, and now it is from december 2019. But I went test the youtube app and it does not apear on search. it does have a smart youtube app already installed and it works...
        In which hole is the reset button? IR or AV?

When you write "I went test the youtube app and it does not appear on search", that's exactly the issue. Most apps that are found can be installed. The issue, at least with me, is that there are a good deal of apps that I search for and they are not found. Then, if I go to the web browser, search for them, they appear. I click on them, it jumps to the Play Store app but then there's no "Install" button. Instead it shows a red message which says that the app is not compatible with the device. This happens with a lot of apps I searched. To resolve this I need to go to other store or download the apk and install. Most will work. There's the downside that they will not update automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by zapatero View Post

In which hole is the reset button? IR or AV?

When you write "I went test the youtube app and it does not appear on search", that's exactly the issue. Most apps that are found can be installed. The issue, at least with me, is that there are a good deal of apps that I search for and they are not found. Then, if I go to the web browser, search for them, they appear. I click on them, it jumps to the Play Store app but then there's no "Install" button. Instead it shows a red message which says that the app is not compatible with the device. This happens with a lot of apps I searched. To resolve this I need to go to other store or download the apk and install. Most will work. There's the downside that they will not update automatically.
          Had the same problem with a Mecool box. I read that if you have AndroidTV-Rom installed on your box, than the Playstore shows only AndroidTV Apps. After installing a STOCK-Rom (a non AndroidTV Rom) than u have access to all Apps and can install it like on your phone.

Comment

Thanks for the info. Yes, it could be. Any way one can verify if the ROM is AndroidTV or not?

Comment

If you brick this box and can't boot from sdcard image, you need to short this pin with ground on boot for the box to boot from microsd.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200127_190231.jpg
Views:	1931
Size:	104.4 KB
ID:	796582

Comment

hi, sorry but nobody said it, the reset button should be between the 2 usb ports, there is also a small hole on the outside, is that right?

Comment

Originally posted by emodani View Post
                  hi, sorry but nobody said it, the reset button should be between the 2 usb ports, there is also a small hole on the outside, is that right?
                  this is in case that button does not work, because a rom I flashed make it not work.

Comment

this is in case that button does not work, because a rom I flashed make it not work.
                    Could you, please, explain it a bit better? Where is exactly the reset button?

Comment

Could you, please, explain it a bit better? Where is exactly the reset button?
                      this is just for future reference in case anyone needs it.
                      the reset button is by the usb port and if that works fine.
                      In my case I tried a generic s905x3 rom and after that box did not boot. reset button did not work. flash by sdcard also did not work. I connected usb-serial adapter to the tv box board to see log and interupt boot by pressing enter, and that did not worrk either.
                      If all this fails you need to short that pin in the picture with ground at boot, and it will force boot from sdcard.

Comment

Thanks for the detailed explanation! I was trying to run CoreELEC, to see if it is any good. Now I can finally try it!

Comment

Good Morning, after reading this information, I tried the firmware that is available on this link " https://androidpctv.com/firmware-eachlink-x3-mini/"and updated my box. Everything worked fine and now I can update the apps through the Play Store, but there are still some problems as described below:
                          - I can't access to all the apps in the playstore, there is a restriction, and I think it has to do with the country and I sometimes find the following information " Developer warning for package " com.google.android.gms" Failed to post notification on channel "null".

Comment

Originally posted by PeterP View Post
                            Good Morning, after reading this information, I tried the firmware that is available on this link " https://androidpctv.com/firmware-eachlink-x3-mini/"and updated my box. Everything worked fine and now I can update the apps through the Play Store, but there are still some problems as described below:
                            - I can't access to all the apps in the playstore, there is a restriction, and I think it has to do with the country and I sometimes find the following information " Developer warning for package " com.google.android.gms" Failed to post notification on channel "null".
                            Buongiorno
                            ho ricevuto da Gearbest a fine dicembre questo tv box ed ho avuto gli stessi problemi col playstore che tutti lamentano.
                            Ho scritto all'assistenza di Gearbest e mi hanno madato un nuovo firmware.
                            Risolto il problema di Playstore però continua ad avere problemi in scrittura di unità esterne usb (tutti) e lettura di alcuni.
                            legge i vecchi hard disk (alimentati e non alimentati), legge pendrive, non legge il disco SSD.
                            Le stesse unità su altri tv box vengono lette e scritte .
                            Non è un problema di filesystem perchè ho provato sia ntsf che exfat.
                            Talvolta perde la connessione internet via cavo (fortunatamente mai durante lo streaming)
                            Ho collegato una mini tastiera usb; funziona ma per usare i tasti HOME e ESC devo usare altri 2 tasti.
                            La stessa tastiera funziona normalmente sugli altri tv box.

Ho protestato ed ho ottenuto un rimborso. Alla fine il tv box mi è costato 25 euro

Comment

Originally posted by josefk666 View Post

Buongiorno
                              ho ricevuto da Gearbest a fine dicembre questo tv box ed ho avuto gli stessi problemi col playstore che tutti lamentano.
                              Ho scritto all'assistenza di Gearbest e mi hanno madato un nuovo firmware.
                              Risolto il problema di Playstore però continua ad avere problemi in scrittura di unità esterne usb (tutti) e lettura di alcuni.
                              legge i vecchi hard disk (alimentati e non alimentati), legge pendrive, non legge il disco SSD.
                              Le stesse unità su altri tv box vengono lette e scritte .
                              Non è un problema di filesystem perchè ho provato sia ntsf che exfat.
                              Talvolta perde la connessione internet via cavo (fortunatamente mai durante lo streaming)
                              Ho collegato una mini tastiera usb; funziona ma per usare i tasti HOME e ESC devo usare altri 2 tasti.
                              La stessa tastiera funziona normalmente sugli altri tv box.

Ho protestato ed ho ottenuto un rimborso. Alla fine il tv box mi è costato 25 euro
                              What is the date/version of the firmware that Gearbest sent you?

Comment

What is the date/version of the firmware that Gearbest sent you?
                                as soon as I find on which hard disk I saved it, I'll post it here

Comment

Working...
                                X