• Show
Clear All

Hi, How can i root ?

Comment

Originally posted by yunus View Post
      Hi, How can i root ?
      I too would like to know.

Comment

I got error "parse burning image fail" when opening the .img file in Amlogic usb burning tool. I have tried different version of the tool and different download source of the image, the driver were installed correctly, and tried with admin rights, what I'm missing?

Comment

Originally posted by emodani View Post
          I got error "parse burning image fail" when opening the .img file in Amlogic usb burning tool. I have tried different version of the tool and different download source of the image, the driver were installed correctly, and tried with admin rights, what I'm missing?
          What image are your trying to flash ill give it a go and see if i have the same issue.

Comment

Originally posted by Fez1 View Post

What image are your trying to flash ill give it a go and see if i have the same issue.
            sorry, the problem were I was using an older burning tool, with 2.2.0 is working, now my problem is the toothpick method is not working with the stock rom so I want to short the pin, but how to open the plastic box?

Comment

Originally posted by emodani View Post
              sorry, the problem were I was using an older burning tool, with 2.2.0 is working, now my problem is the toothpick method is not working with the stock rom so I want to short the pin, but how to open the plastic box?
              Remove the Rubber feet to find the screws holding the box halves together.

Comment

no screws there just plastic, it should slide the internal part from the box but must be locked with some hooks inside or maybe its glued? I can't find a way to open it without breaking

UPDATE
                ok, i managed to open it by cutting the box on one side, there was no way to open it without knowing that it has 2 screws on the front behind the black glass of the lcd!! if it helps someone ... anyway I had no luck in updating both with the burning tool and sdcard method, even crossing the methods with the reset button and the short pin, I also installed the x64 drivers like my OS ... the box is not recognized and boots normally instead of starting the update, I tested the button with multimeter and is ok. I'm starting to
                think about having a slightly different or fake box, I got it from Gearbest around January 2019
                Last edited by emodani; 10-15-2020, 20:04.

Comment

Two questions if someone have the answers.

1) How can i edit these 3 menus ( youtube, netflix, prime )

2) How can i change these 2 buttons from remote control ( TV, VOD ) with other apps ?

P.S.
                  I cannot upload images for some reason (Error information: " 500 error Internal Server Error")

Comment

Any known working custom roms or a way to root this as yet ?

Or is it as i suspect a dodo ?

Comment

ROM: X3 Mini
                      File name: X3_Stock_9.0_20191214.img (Rooted)
                      Last edited by X3_Mini; 02-16-2021, 20:05.

Comment

Originally posted by X3_Mini View Post
                        ROM: X3 Mini
                        File name: X3_Stock_9.0_20191214.img (Rooted)
                        Where we can download this rom ?

Comment

Originally posted by vag13 View Post

Where we can download this rom ?
                          Finally, i did install Slimbox firmware, where is rooted.

Comment

Finally, i did install Slimbox firmware, where is rooted.
                            Hi!

Which version Slimbox did work with this device?

Comment

Originally posted by cobric View Post

Hi!

Which version Slimbox did work with this device?
                              From here https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kl0VONR6sZP4Vs
                              I tested this Slimbox_10_7_X3_Mini_DDR4_modified_minhr883.img and works perfect.
                              Also, i tested and works fine the vortex firmware from here http://xvtx.ru/tvbox/download.htm

Comment

From here https://drive.google.com/drive/folde...kl0VONR6sZP4Vs
                                I tested this Slimbox_10_7_X3_Mini_DDR4_modified_minhr883.img and works perfect.
                                Also, i tested and works fine the vortex firmware from here http://xvtx.ru/tvbox/download.htm
                                Great, I'll try it! Thx

Comment

Working...
                                X