Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There are no issues! It plays all formats and has no issues with apps, other than a few phone only streaming apps. Unlike my past s912 boxes, I rarely reboot. Super stable and fast!

I dont need the apps I installed, just use them for convenience. I doubt anyone will run any chinise box without some customization. Just don't need to customize like crazy with this box, unlike the S912 boxes I once used.

sorry you dont like the box, i am sure you will find a better box for your needs. I don't go around other box threads lurking and trolling on issues that are non existant with proper setup.

Comment

I'm on the V4.20201026 firmware and I am experiencing the 5Ghz WiFi bug on an access point on 5GHz WiFi channel 124 -- it does not see this access point. However, I have another WiFi access point on 5GHz channel 48 which the KM6 Deluxe sees fine.

Comment

It does not seem to be a bug to me. Depending on router and its configuration, channels can be out of band. The box may see the channel if on the correct band. Mix mode may pay a part of it, and advanced settings may need to be adjusted.

I try to only use a specific band its corresponding channel to obtain 80Mhz bandwidth. My router does not do 160Mhz. I cannot test channels that are not part of the AC band. The channel you have issues with is not on my AC router. Though the other channel is and functions fine.

Also for troubleshooting... change the AP name to something simple, like test. Some firmwares may make the custom name hidden or undetectable by some devices.

You can also try manually to add a network connection, by typing in the AP name when connecting.

Comment

I checked the spec of the Broadcom-based Wifi module and it says it supports 5.8Ghz so I would expect channel 124 to work ( https://www.sparklan.com/product/ap6...52-sip-module/ ). This is the only device I own which has problems seeing channel 124. Even another cheap Allwinner box I have has no problems.
          Last edited by paul4rf; 07-10-2021, 12:22.

Comment

Originally posted by paul4rf View Post
            I checked the spec of the Broadcom-based Wifi module and it says it supports 5.8Ghz so I would expect channel 124 to work. This is the only device I own which has problems seeing channel 124. Even abother cheap allwinner box I have has no problems.
            The Mecool sees only channels below 50

Comment

I installed wifi analyzer, and did not see any AX channels in my area. From what 4PDA thread states, turn off mesh, and the device should see your router and connect. Like i explained, advanced features may not play well, especially with AX compatibility. Ax is too new for all devices to function as expected. I have been dealing with Intel AX drivers in Windows 10, since December. So far Mecool has not updated its build, but has released 3 different patched firmwares, one of which was released this month. Nobody has fully tested it, but I will know how well it functions tomorrow after a good suspend cycle.

Comment

Guys, please is there a way how to have some background instead of black? Like it was on Android TV 7.1? I like it much more, but not clue how to add change it...

Even the menu / apps selection was bit better i guess.

Looking also for some A-TV capable Weather app as those i know from "normal" Android are not available or work bit strange.

Thanks
                Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
                Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
                Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
                Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
                Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

Originally posted by killeriq View Post
                  Guys, please is there a way how to have some background instead of black? Like it was on Android TV 7.1? I like it much more, but not clue how to add change it...

Even the menu / apps selection was bit better i guess.

Looking also for some A-TV capable Weather app as those i know from "normal" Android are not available or work bit strange.

Thanks
                  Only option to use a Wallpaper background is to change the Launcher that supports Wallpapers without the standard Android wallpaper service that gets eliminated with Android-TV OS.

SweenWolf developer has a tool to change the stock atv launcher, just need developer options turned on, and install another launcher :

LAUNCHER MANAGER (FOS 6+) STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER: Before installing version 1.1.8 uninstall any previous version. 1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your FireTV. (Latest: 1.1.8) 2. Install a...

Note: make sure to download the "ATV" labeled 'Launcher Manager' app and not the app for FireOS.

You can use any different TV launcher like Wolf, FLauncher, or LeanbackOnFire which is a MOD of the original AndroidTV-7 launcher.

LeanbackOnFire : https://github.com/tsynik/LeanbackLauncher/releases

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

Yes it has a droid type settings, since it is a true ATV box, the settings is called Advanced settings.

all the people who complain about the box are whiners. Just about everything works fine. Just you need to follow the thread on 4PDA site.

i recommend downloading the latest firmware, and flashing through the update option in settings. Then force a system reset, to clear out old data from initial firmware.

as for fixes, use a proper HDMI 2.0 cable along with a newer TV. Old Samsungs do not push all the proper CEC codes, and have partial plug and play with auto turn on and auto turn off. My tv will suspend with tv power off, but will have wake issues. Using back button on remote will wake box after tv is powered on. Some times I need to power off tv and power back on for box to see power on condition, and respond to remote.

The issue is Android 10 power save feature is forcing the box to hibernate after long delay in sleep mode.

You will need to go into advanced app settings, and disable power save mode for all the system apps, and installed apps that require background operation, like flud and tv streaming apps with timer record features.

There is an app to install that forces activity so sleep does not go into hibernation.
                    Also there is another app for allowing bluetooth devices to send audio through USB.

Those are the only apps i use to correct the main issues with the box.

Some used my instruction to adjust dpi, by using remote ADB to adjust dpi setting with phone. You will need to hit the home button or launch an app after setting the new dpi for the screen to redraw properly, as the setting is instantanious. Some like 166, but I find 185 best for a mix of phone and tv apps.
                    Thanks for the response, the main thing I was interested in was the "New" Audio settings under /Settings/AdvancedSettings/AudioOutput :
                    EQ, Bass Boost, Volume Leveling, Dialog Enhancer

Watched RonnieBailey's YouTube review and didn't see them available.

The new settings should be in the Amlogic SDK, the Verizon StreamTV (S905x4) has them, and Mecool hasn't added them to this device yet apparently.

The new settings are because the S905x4 has an internal DSP to mix audio digitally. Like an audio DAC but built-in to the SoC, besides adding the AV1 codec the DSP is the biggest change to the new SoC. Would be awesome if Mecool added the new audio features.

-Cheers

Comment

Oh, no the box does not have dsp. It does have the ability to pass raw digital, which is fine for me. I have a Yamaha 9.2 system. Basically 7.1 with an extra sub out and 2 spacial speakers. Actually I turn off direct sound and push dolby surround on PG action movies. Though the THX sound in Apocalypse Now Redux, Thin Red Line and Saving Private Ryan, is awsome. The ATMOS system works best in large rooms, where 10 or more people can watch a movie, which I don't have. So I don't miss the dolby dsp on the box. The main reason why I got the Deluxe, was for best video capabilities without all the issues S912 had with stability and need for tweaks. It plays anything I hit it with as long as it was properly encoded. Though my test vids are made to break decoding, which this box decodes without a hic up. For its low price and its ability to run the mix of phone and tv pay for streaming apps, make it worth the purchase, even though it can't be rooted. It really does not need root, since its fairly new and Mecool is working on keeping up with updates... 4 in all now.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Only option to use a Wallpaper background is to change the Launcher that supports Wallpapers without the standard Android wallpaper service that gets eliminated with Android-TV OS.

SweenWolf developer has a tool to change the stock atv launcher, just need developer options turned on, and install another launcher :

LAUNCHER MANAGER (FOS 6+) STEPS TO ENABLE CUSTOM LAUNCHER: Before installing version 1.1.8 uninstall any previous version. 1. Download Launcher Manager by clicking or by using short link and install on your FireTV. (Latest: 1.1.8) 2. Install a...

Note: make sure to download the "ATV" labeled 'Launcher Manager' app and not the app for FireOS.

You can use any different TV launcher like Wolf, FLauncher, or LeanbackOnFire which is a MOD of the original AndroidTV-7 launcher.

LeanbackOnFire : https://github.com/tsynik/LeanbackLauncher/releases
                        Nice! thanks for tip, will try
                        Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
                        Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
                        Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
                        Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
                        Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

Oh, no the box does not have dsp. It does have the ability to pass raw digital, which is fine for me. I have a Yamaha 9.2 system. Basically 7.1 with an extra sub out and 2 spacial speakers. Actually I turn off direct sound and push dolby surround on PG action movies. Though the THX sound in Apocalypse Now Redux, Thin Red Line and Saving Private Ryan, is awsome. The ATMOS system works best in large rooms, where 10 or more people can watch a movie, which I don't have. So I don't miss the dolby dsp on the box. The main reason why I got the Deluxe, was for best video capabilities without all the issues S912 had with stability and need for tweaks. It plays anything I hit it with as long as it was properly encoded. Though my test vids are made to break decoding, which this box decodes without a hic up. For its low price and its ability to run the mix of phone and tv pay for streaming apps, make it worth the purchase, even though it can't be rooted. It really does not need root, since its fairly new and Mecool is working on keeping up with updates... 4 in all now.
                          Where are you getting the updates?
                          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Where are you getting the updates?
                            They are being sent through Telagram and posted on 4PDA.to KM6 thread.

Comment

They are being sent through Telagram and posted on 4PDA.to KM6 thread.
                              Ok, thank you......
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

This is the latest OTA update from July 9th. https://mega.nz/file/LAoyyRhQ#p_mqrC...FVOvfGfnheVy6Q

Comment

Working...
                                X