Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bluesmanuk
    replied
    Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

New chipset is interesting, but definitely a budget box and chip; Mecool charging way too much, box should only be sold for around $50 USD.

If you want the new chip then wait for the stick devices coming from Xiaomi, Realme, and even Mecool will be selling a Netflix Certified stick. The Netflix Certified Mecool stick is supposedly being made by Skyworth ODM, company that makes the current KM2; Skyworth is one of the very few STB companies that has pre-approval to make Netflix certified devices
    And of course, with Google themselves essentially mandating that AV1 be a requirement in future, their own Chromecast with Google TV will need an update soon, likely updating to an S905X4 or derivative of.

I think that this SOC will soon become a more budget option in the range because it offers little more in terms of power from the S905X3.

Leave a comment:

• bergamesk
    replied
    so,time is not rush for every "new" Boxes!
    sit&wait for couple of months

Leave a comment:

• BimKen
    replied

TrueHD Atmos codec can be made to use passthrough if the Android software allows it, so the problem is both inside Amlogic's SDK and Mecool's firmware, both are at fault for not trying to fix it. Android can use IEC_API to passthrough almost all the different HD audio codecs, but only Ugoos company took the time to fix the kernel and firmware so their devices can actually passthrough TrueHD Atmos audio correctly.
    Understood, Thanks!!!!

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
    y guys what y think about the new KM7 ???
    905Y4 ???
    and big surprise;No any USB3.0 port!
    is it joke
    what is this
    only 2xUSB2.0 ports
    https://www.mecoolonline.com/collections/mecool-km7
    New chipset is interesting, but definitely a budget box and chip; Mecool charging way too much, box should only be sold for around $50 USD.

If you want the new chip then wait for the stick devices coming from Xiaomi, Realme, and even Mecool will be selling a Netflix Certified stick. The Netflix Certified Mecool stick is supposedly being made by Skyworth ODM, company that makes the current KM2; Skyworth is one of the very few STB companies that has pre-approval to make Netflix certified devices

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Originally posted by BimKen View Post
    Amazing, It worked for DD+ Dolby Atmos but not TrueHD Dolby Atmos (AC4). Thanks anyway!
    Do you know KM6 did not support TrueHD Dolby Atmos cause by software or hardware design? If it by hardware, I wounder it can not fix?
    TrueHD Atmos codec can be made to use passthrough if the Android software allows it, so the problem is both inside Amlogic's SDK and Mecool's firmware, both are at fault for not trying to fix it. Android can use IEC_API to passthrough almost all the different HD audio codecs, but only Ugoos company took the time to fix the kernel and firmware so their devices can actually passthrough TrueHD Atmos audio correctly.

Leave a comment:

• bergamesk
    replied
    y guys what y think about the new KM7 ???

905Y4 ???

and big surprise;No any USB3.0 port!
    is it joke
    what is this
    only 2xUSB2.0 ports

TRANSLATE with x English Arabic Hebrew Polish Bulgarian Hindi Portuguese Catalan Hmong Daw Romanian Chinese Simplified Hungarian Russian Chinese Traditional Indonesian Slovak Czech Italian Slovenian Danish Japanese Spanish Dutch Klingon Swedish English Korean Thai Estonian Latvian Turkish Finnish Lithuanian Ukrainian F

Leave a comment:

• BimKen
    replied

Does your Movie file have multiple audio files embedded (ac4, eac3-joc, ac3)? With these new Soundbar Atmos systems they have an app to control them, and usually the app is the best way to check and see what codec is actually being received/played.

DolbyAtmos can be encoded in both AC4 codec and EAC3-JOC codec, AC4 is "Lossless" TrueHD Atmos, and EAC3-JOC is "Lossy" Atmos in DD+ container, and AC3 is just standard DolbyDigital.

The combination of "Amlogic + Kodi + Android" doesn't automatically recognize TrueHD Atmos for passthrough, devices will though provide Atmos over DD+ passthrough, but still TrueHD Atmos is broken. This can be fixed though, because companies like Ugoos has fixed the bug in the Amlogic device's software. There is other video players like Plex, Vimu Media Player, and Just(Video)Player which may be able to properly play the video and have TrueHD Atmos passthrough that you should try instead of Kodi.

If none of the other players work and still having problems input these cmds (one at a time) via ADB to fix SurroundSound issues:
    Code:
    settings put global audio_mixing 0
    settings put global digital_audio_format 3
    settings put global digital_audio_subformat 5,6,7,8,13,14,17,18,19
    settings put global encoded_surround_output 3
    settings put global encoded_surround_output_enabled_formats 5,6,7,8,13,14,17,18,19
    settings put global external_surround_sound_enabled 1
    settings put global surround_sound_supported 1
    settings put global use_external_surround_sound_flag 1
    settings put system enable_pass_through 1
    settings put system support_dolby 1
    reboot
    Amazing, It worked for DD+ Dolby Atmos but not TrueHD Dolby Atmos (AC4). Thanks anyway!

Do you know KM6 did not support TrueHD Dolby Atmos cause by software or hardware design? If it by hardware, I wounder it can not fix?

Leave a comment:

• BimKen
    replied
    The soundbar app should tell you what type of file is playing, if it doesn't show actual codec EAC3 or AC4, then it will probably show "DolbyAtmos(DD+)" or "DolbyHD(Atmos)" inside the app for your phone to control the soundbar.
    My soundbar only indicate "Dolby Atmos" on led panel when it's received Dolby Atmos signal I've never seen another kind and DolbyHD(Atmos). I've never seen Samsung soundbar app show the type of file, too. I will try more, maybe Samsung hide it somewhere .

You have Android Tablet? Easiest method is with Remote_ADB_Shell app on an Android device to connect to AndroidTV devices after you enable Developer_Options and USB_Debugging in your TV device.

Search YouTube for Videos on using/connecting to device with ADB, and/or Google for Blogs with tutorials.
    Thanks, I will try.

With Kodi if the file is DD+(Atmos) then yes, sadly not for TrueHD Atmos(AC4) that needs to be fixed by Mecool.

You are using Kodi 19.x, correct? Kodi 18 and older sucks, stop using that old shit if you are.

Settings for Kodi 19:
    - Settings mode = Expert
    - under Kodi System settings, at top of the Audio settings: Audio output = AudioTrack(RAW)
    - Number of channels = 5.1
    - Output configuration = Optimized
    - Resample Quality = High
    - Turn ON Passthrough "button"
    - Passthrough output device = AudioTrack(IEC)
    - then turn on all formats buttons (from just looking at Samsung page I don't think your Soundbar can do DTS-HD)

Those should be best audio settings for kodi for you, only Kodi 19.x lets you correctly select two different settings for AudioTrack, which allows you to just disable passthrough while in VideoPlayerOSD just in case you come across an unsupported PT format while using Kodi, which will revert to the devices internal raw HW/SW codecs.
    Yes, I am using newsest version of Kodi 19.1. I've used to try some option, but never try Audio output = AudioTrack(RAW) and Passthrough output device = AudioTrack(IEC), I always chose both the same .

Yes, my soundbar do not support DTS-HD so I do not check "DTS capable receiver" and "DTS-HD capable receiver"

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    I don't know what codec of audio files embedded but the same file I use to play on Himedia Q3 and the soundbar can show "Dolby Atmos". So I think it's no problem with my soundbar.
    I will try with another player as you've recommended.
    The soundbar app should tell you what type of file is playing, if it doesn't show actual codec EAC3 or AC4, then it will probably show "DolbyAtmos(DD+)" or "DolbyHD(Atmos)" inside the app for your phone to control the soundbar.

Could you introduce me how to use ADB? I've never did before.
    You have Android Tablet? Easiest method is with Remote_ADB_Shell app on an Android device to connect to AndroidTV devices after you enable Developer_Options and USB_Debugging in your TV device.

Search YouTube for Videos on using/connecting to device with ADB, and/or Google for Blogs with tutorials.

P/S: with these ADB cmds, it can fix this issues for all player, include Kodi?
    With Kodi if the file is DD+(Atmos) then yes, sadly not for TrueHD Atmos(AC4) that needs to be fixed by Mecool.

You are using Kodi 19.x, correct? Kodi 18 and older sucks, stop using that old shit if you are.

Settings for Kodi 19:
    - Settings mode = Expert
    - under Kodi System settings, at top of the Audio settings: Audio output = AudioTrack(RAW)
    - Number of channels = 5.1
    - Output configuration = Optimized
    - Resample Quality = High
    - Turn ON Passthrough "button"
    - Passthrough output device = AudioTrack(IEC)
    - then turn on all formats buttons (from just looking at Samsung page I don't think your Soundbar can do DTS-HD)

Those should be best audio settings for kodi for you, only Kodi 19.x lets you correctly select two different settings for AudioTrack, which allows you to just disable passthrough while in VideoPlayerOSD just in case you come across an unsupported PT format while using Kodi, which will revert to the devices internal raw HW/SW codecs.
    Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 09-30-2021, 08:58. Reason: typos

Leave a comment:

• BimKen
    replied

Does your Movie file have multiple audio files embedded (ac4, eac3-joc, ac3)? With these new Soundbar Atmos systems they have an app to control them, and usually the app is the best way to check and see what codec is actually being received/played.

DolbyAtmos can be encoded in both AC4 codec and EAC3-JOC codec, AC4 is "Lossless" TrueHD Atmos, and EAC3-JOC is "Lossy" Atmos in DD+ container, and AC3 is just standard DolbyDigital.

The combination of "Amlogic + Kodi + Android" doesn't automatically recognize TrueHD Atmos for passthrough, devices will though provide Atmos over DD+ passthrough, but still TrueHD Atmos is broken. This can be fixed though, because companies like Ugoos has fixed the bug in the Amlogic device's software. There is other video players like Plex, Vimu Media Player, and Just(Video)Player which may be able to properly play the video and have TrueHD Atmos passthrough that you should try instead of Kodi.

If none of the other players work and still having problems input these cmds (one at a time) via ADB to fix SurroundSound issues:
    Code:
    settings put global encoded_surround_output_enabled_formats 5,6,7,8,13,14,17,18,19
    reboot
    I don't know what codec of audio files embedded but the same file I use to play on Himedia Q3 and the soundbar can show "Dolby Atmos". So I think it's no problem with my soundbar.

I will try with another player as you've recommended.

Could you introduce me how to use ADB? I've never did before.

Thanks!

P/S: with these ADB cmds, it can fix this issues for all player, include Kodi?

Leave a comment:

• RiCkLaR_atvX
    replied
    Did you mean, you can config passthrough raw audio on KM6?
    I am getting stuck with it, I use Kodi, config audio passthrough and play Dolby Atmos movie but it no show Atmos on the soundbar Samsung K950 (the last TV box is Himedia Q3 working well).
    Can you show me how to config? Many thanks!

Code:
    reboot

Leave a comment:

• BimKen
    replied
    Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
    Oh, no the box does not have dsp. It does have the ability to pass raw digital, which is fine for me. I have a Yamaha 9.2 system. Basically 7.1 with an extra sub out and 2 spacial speakers. Actually I turn off direct sound and push dolby surround on PG action movies. Though the THX sound in Apocalypse Now Redux, Thin Red Line and Saving Private Ryan, is awsome. The ATMOS system works best in large rooms, where 10 or more people can watch a movie, which I don't have. So I don't miss the dolby dsp on the box. The main reason why I got the Deluxe, was for best video capabilities without all the issues S912 had with stability and need for tweaks. It plays anything I hit it with as long as it was properly encoded. Though my test vids are made to break decoding, which this box decodes without a hic up. For its low price and its ability to run the mix of phone and tv pay for streaming apps, make it worth the purchase, even though it can't be rooted. It really does not need root, since its fairly new and Mecool is working on keeping up with updates... 4 in all now.
    Did you mean, you can config passthrough raw audio on KM6?

I am getting stuck with it, I use Kodi, config audio passthrough and play Dolby Atmos movie but it no show Atmos on the soundbar Samsung K950 (the last TV box is Himedia Q3 working well).

Can you show me how to config? Many thanks!

Leave a comment:

• Luiz Octavio
    replied
    HI.

How do i short circuit the km6 deluxe? Does anyone know and can you help me?

Thanks

Leave a comment:

• skharel
    replied
    Can we port this Firmware to A95X F4 box?

Leave a comment:

• rahimi29
    replied
    hi
    i dont know if i am in right place to post this i install some apps but when i try to open them it say that app is not install but what could be the problem and how to fix this ?

thanks

Leave a comment:

Working...
X