Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

The firmware would always show HDR 10 every time I played a movie. They removed that false indication, it now only shows when an HDR video is being played....
    Thanks, can you tell me what the version of your firmware is, so I can double check if the one I have is older or the same.

I emailed me Mecool, and they said my issue was a know fact, and they would have an update in a few days, but they didn't say how many days is a few lol

Comment

Box specs look good. But the wood grain has got to go..... it reminds me wagon from national lampoon's vacation

Comment

Originally posted by Kyle222 View Post
        Box specs look good. But the wood grain has got to go..... it reminds me wagon from national lampoon's vacation
        Wood grain is the least of your worries.

If you have one with the 20201026 firmware, chances are that your box doesn't see the 5G wifi and can't be booted with the remote when fully powered off ( long press power button and select power off).

I have one of those, and I see reports of other with the same issues. Mecool confirmed it's a bug, but not sure if it affects all boxes.

Maybe check yours and report back if possible

Comment

Hi

Jancales my f/w is 20201026 and has no any 5G connection issue and it works fine! and no any booting issue with remote operation and also incl.re-start action
          so it does work properly

BUT I'v another problem with device "HDR" work
          for example if you have connected this device to your "UHD-TV" then device send HDR video signal only!!!

And there is no any HDR ON/OFF menu so you cant cancel this HDR signal!
          if you wanna watch such as from YTube a HDR video its OK no problem because HDR auto+TV is recognize and opened HDR so no problem
          but if you wanna watch SD&HD,no need HDR signal!

Note;their HDR colour parameters is wrong too!

And finally I have already sold out this box! I do not satisfy at all

Only one stuff I like it;905X4 really fast and stable! as same/similar 922 and way better then 905X3

Hope their OTA system will work and give a BUG fix f/w in soon

Bye++
          Last edited by bergamesk; 04-01-2021, 19:28.

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
            BUT I'v another problem with device "HDR" work
            for example if you have connected this device to your "UHD-TV" then device send HDR video signal only!!!

And there is no any HDR ON/OFF menu so you cant cancel this HDR signal!
            if you wanna watch such as from YTube a HDR video its OK no problem because HDR auto+TV is recognize and opened HDR so no problem
            but if you wanna watch SD&HD,no need HDR signal!

Note;their HDR colour parameters is wrong too!
            Problem with Forced-HDR can sometimes be fixed if your TV has Color Space settings, so somewhere in the TV's built-in settings switching the color space from RGB to YCbCr if it is available.

Of course, best solution is for Mecool to release an updated ROM with a software fix.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Problem with Forced-HDR can sometimes be fixed if your TV has Color Space settings, so somewhere in the TV's built-in settings switching the color space from RGB to YCbCr if it is available.

Of course, best solution is for Mecool to release an updated ROM with a software fix.
              My understanding is that they already have a fix, and that with that fix the WIFI and boot issues came.

bergamesk are you sure you completely power off, by long press the power button, then select power off?

To get it out of sleep is no problem here, but the Bluetooth remote also has to be paired again frequently

Comment

Hi guys

-My TV is Philips 50"/8505 and there is no any HDR on/off or similar menu to act this

because of such as if HDR video signal comes thru ext.device(Box/PC etc.,)than TV auto recognize it this signal

-Philips does not have any "HDR menu" on/off!!

-I'v 2 other BOX too(A95X3 and X96H) and there is no any HDR signal problem like this

well,at least Mecool should be add a HDR menu and it will be "selectable"

++

Ethernet and 5GHz Internet speed very good BUT 2.4GHz worst ever!

++

Again response to Jancales;my remote does it work properly no pairing issue and no on/off(deep-sleep)issue too

As I told you with these issues and some of others too.... I do not like this Box and sold it to my friend(even he satisfy with this box!)

++

Now I'm looking the new RK3566 devices but seems that these are very newly devices out of stock right now!
                I'll check Banggood,Ali etc., its not ready to ship and they are ready within 15days and more

Therefore I'v already ordered a new Box from Banggood;its was A95X F4>>>(with new chip 905X4)but today they were cancelled my order
                where this item not to ready before April3rd(as they have stated the shipment date;before April 2
                so I'v cancel this order

Keep in mind;"A95X" has very good firmware support by OTA! my recent box 905X3 got 3 or 4 f/w OTA update within 1 year!
                But I do not know who is the producer of this Box??

A95X F4 is still my order list too and might be its ready next month

Also HK1 RBOX and H96 MAX these are new RK3566 chipset and with GPU G-52!!

Comment

HDR error fixing software
                  OTA

Last edited by andyd1970; 04-02-2021, 07:57.

Comment

And this is how you do incase you don't know

treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi guys.
                      I'm using this box and until now very happy.
                      It's fast, responsive and overall good value.
                      I do have a problem that bugs me.
                      I've installed kodi to stream video from a NAS that I have.
                      I'm using HDMI to connect the box to the tv and then I have the tv connected to my yamaha receiver to output the sound when watching movies with 5.1 sound.
                      The problem is: I cant get the audio passthrough to work. I only get stereo on the receiver.
                      Is this a known problem? Is there a fix?
                      Should I try to use a optic cable (toshlink) directly from the box to the receiver?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Originally posted by cmbandeira View Post
                        Hi guys.
                        I'm using HDMI to connect the box to the tv and then I have the tv connected to my yamaha receiver to output the sound when watching movies with 5.1 sound.
                        The problem is: I cant get the audio passthrough to work. I only get stereo on the receiver.
                        Should I try to use a optic cable (toshlink) directly from the box to the receiver?

Thanks in advance.
                        Doesn't your receiver have a HDMI in and out? Normally you should connect box to receiver, and from receiver go to TV.

Comment

No. It doesn't (it's an old model).
                          BIt before having the box I had a NUC connected the same way and never had any problem...

Comment

This is my museum piece:
                            Yamaha RX-V1500

https://www.audioholics.com/trade-sh...0-general-info

Comment

Originally posted by cmbandeira View Post
                              Hi guys.

Thanks in advance.
                              That sounds like a setting in your TV's audio section............
                              What is the model of your TV, and how are you are feeding the AVR??

I would think that you would HAVE TO USE A toslink cable.
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

HDMI from box to TV.
                                Digital coaxial from TV to AV (audio only as that receiver doesn't handle video)
                                Didn't check my TV configs but as I said the box replaced a NUC and the sound was working fine.
                                Already ordered the gosling cable.
                                Will give feedback when it arrives.
                                In the meantime if anybody as any ideas...

Thanks again.

Comment

Working...
                                X