Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just watched u-tube video Box Review !!!!!!!!!!
    It Flashed by quick /but im pretty sure i saw ArmV8.1....
    All is Good

Comment

Originally posted by freddy View Post
      Nice!!!
      Have been thinking about upgrade
      This Box is 64 Bit correct?
      Kernel Architecture 64 Bit Armv8?
      Just finished reading Article about Big G/Andriod OS changing over to All 64 Bit
      Play store has been implementing since 2019
      All apps/APK
      The chip is a 64-bit chip, but the OS software is still running in 32-bit mode; Mecool plus probably everybody else releasing the S905X4 with Android10 will also be running in 32-bit mode because that is what the SDK Amlogic provides to vendors has currently.

When Google releases Android 12 for the Pixel phones around September of this Year we will have better idea if Alphabet's GoogleTV will also be getting 64-bit only OS at that time, i.e. 2020 Chromecast; but I believe GoogleTV(androidTV) will get and exemption from the rule for at least another year because of the Video Codecs running in 32-bit.

Comment

Just watched u-tube video Box Review !!!!!!!!!!
        It Flashed by quick /but im pretty sure i saw ArmV8.1....
        All is Good
        What video, Chigz?

Chigz Tech Reviews https://youtu.be/JCwIxOFfneo

Stop at 10:20 - look at "Supported ABI" - only 32-bit ABI's visible.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
          What video, Chigz?

Chigz Tech Reviews https://youtu.be/JCwIxOFfneo

Stop at 10:20 - look at "Supported ABI" - only 32-bit ABI's visible.
          Yes
          Chigz

Pause at 10.33

U will see Kernel Architecture ArmV8.1

That is most dissipointing if 32 bit

Comment

The chip is a 64-bit chip, but the OS software is still running in 32-bit mode; Mecool plus probably everybody else releasing the S905X4 with Android10 will also be running in 32-bit mode because that is what the SDK Amlogic provides to vendors has currently.

When Google releases Android 12 for the Pixel phones around September of this Year we will have better idea if Alphabet's GoogleTV will also be getting 64-bit only OS at that time, i.e. 2020 Chromecast; but I believe GoogleTV(androidTV) will get and exemption from the rule for at least another year because of the Video Codecs running in 32-bit.
            This is what mo123 was talking about in another Thread
            Blame Amlogic...... for what they Provide

This will make my Decision Easier Now....
            Unfortunetly

Comment

Yes
              Chigz
              Pause at 10.33
              U will see Kernel Architecture ArmV8.1
              That is most dissipointing if 32 bit
              armv8l (is an L not a 1) ~ which designates a kernel architecture, a kernel that is compilied for a 32-bit system for a 64-bit chip model; armv8a would be full 64-bit kernel

Comment

armv8l (is an L not a 1) ~ which designates a kernel architecture, a kernel that is compilied for a 32-bit system for a 64-bit chip model; armv8a would be full 64-bit kernel
                Yes you are correct again RiCkLaR

Went back and watched video again/paused at 1024/and 1033

Both = 32 bit

Read that article about Big G and 64 Bit changeover
                Was all excited/assumed Mecool was ahead of the Game...
                Amlogic........Hmmmmmmmm

So we are awhile until there is 64 Bit /full

64 Bit Rom
                64 Bit Binaries
                64 Bit OS
                64 Bit CPU (Lots of these actually )

Thanks RiCkLaR

Comment

I thought about making a purchase for an Ugoos box for dual boot, but I like the Mecool for Freaktab and 4PDA developers. Though the box is Google certified so it's a fully functioning android TV box. Something new for mid priced boxes. I messed with 64 and 32 bit os on Chinese boxes, and find 32bit more stable, both in box capability and app functions. I think this will last me a while.

Now I have decided to for go the Ugoos and take on my 1st Mecool. I like the hardware of the KM6 Deluxe, and the lack of rebuilding from scratch the TV experience on 10. So 32bit is a crutch, but within a year, I forsee devs doing some good things for these X4 boxes.

Comment

Well I had to reorder... went to Mecool and purchased it there. Can't complain with low price with practically free shipping and discount. Could not find a better deal without any points collected on other sites. Plus they will ship out sooner once the item is released in a week or two. Seems like every store has a waiting list for around the start of Feburary to ship.

Comment

Bit of a YT review:

treboR
                      Please consider
                      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Comment

There was a new page made from some guy who got to test a prerelease km6 deluxe box. His review sucked, but he did open it up. Easy peasy to dump the cheap dual internal antenna setup and go with external. The box has plenty of room for connectors. Will end up doing that after my 1 year warranty is up. And paint that white box, black or use wood grain vinyl sticky sheet and cover it as a wood block. Ha! Just my luck someone would grab it and use it as a door stop or table leg leveler. The hardware is pretty decent for at least 5 years. And is second in speed to a Beelink GT1, just above 101000 on the bench mark. As for 64 bit os, I can wait... by the time all boxes will have 11 or 12, there will be a port for the box, which will make it live in a 64 bit world.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
                            ...The box has plenty of room for connectors...

...Under the moto, don’t turn it on, take it apart. I opened the box to see its internals. There were 4 screws to undo under its rubber feet. It comes with a metal plate on the bottom which has a thermal pad making contact to the underside of the board... full review [CNX-Software]

...Now i would like to talk about the main differences between Mecool KM6 Deluxe and Mecool KM6 Classic. The last variant, namely Classic, comes in a black plastic box. This time the plastic is quite budgetary and the device does not look ads luxurios as the Deluxe modification... full review, .ru translated [CentrParts]
                            Specifications:
                            OS Android 10.0 ATV
                            CPU Amlogic S905X4 Quad Core ARM Cortex-A55
                            GPU Mail-G31 MP2
                            RAM 2GB/4GB(Optional)
                            ROM 16GB/64GB (Optional)
                            4GB/64GB Built in 2T2R 2.4G/5GWiFi 6
                            Support IEEE 802.11a/b/g/n/ac/ax
                            BT
                            2GB/16GB Built in 2.4G/5G WiFi (not WiFi 6), Support
                            IEEE 802.11a/b/g/ ,BT
                            2GB/16GB Ethernet 100M Ethernet
                            4GB/64GB Ethernet 1000M Ethernet
                            LED Indicator the standby mode is red,the working mode is blue
                            Certified Google Certified
                            DRM Support microsoft playready, google
                            widevine L1
                            HDCP Support HDCP2.2
                            HDR HDR10+, HDR10, HLG and Technicolor HDR processing
                            Language English, German, French, Italian, Spanish, Chinese,
                            Japanese, etc.24 languages
                            Video decorder hardware decoders-AV1
                            [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@60fps
                            - VP9 Profile-2 up to 4Kx2K@60fps
                            - H.265 HEVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@75fps
                            - AVS2-P2 Profile up to 4Kx2K@60fps
                            - H.264 AVC [email protected] up to 4Kx2K@30fps
                            - MPEG-4 ASP@L5 up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-14496)
                            - WMV/VC-1 SP/MP/AP up to 1080P@60fps
                            - AVS-P16(AVS+) /AVS-P2 JiZhun Profile up to 1080P@60fps
                            - MPEG-2 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-13818)
                            - MPEG-1 MP/HL up to 1080P@60fps (ISO-11172)
                            - RealVideo 8/9/10 up to 1080P@60fps
                            Video encorder Video/Picture Encoding
                            - Independent JPEG and H.264 encoder with configurable performance/bit-rate
                            - JPEG image encoding
                            - H.265/H.264 video encoding up to 1080P@60fps with low latency
                            3D Graphics Mail-G31 MP2 GPU
                            - 4-wide warps, dual texture pipe, 2x
                            4-wide execution engines (EE)
                            - Concurrent multi-core processing
                            - OpenGL ES 3.2, Vulkan 1.1 and OpenCL
                            2.0 support
                            [MECOOL Offical store]

Comment

Ha! You found the article. It's one of them part techie, and part is this guy for real. Probably the worst review I ever read on new tech. But a good laugh.

the previous picture to the one showing the main board out of the box, show how much room there is at the side where no ports are. You could probably add hardware, if your capable. Also I grubbed info from a few sites, that are specific to options. I guess it's a manufacturers region opton, based on the S905x4 architecture's capabitlies.

Here are the options that can be emplemented. May be an option for developers to make module patches later, when more hardware using the x4 chip is released using such options. TCH Prime, HDR Technicolor, Irdeto, MSR2.2, Niagra TKL, and Verimatrix

Comment

Every ones a critic. ? Seemed like honest review not much better then the 9053x but seems becoming more stable as they get new soc. The fact that it's Google certified is a bonus as many not. I need to check one of these out.
                                Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X