Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just checked, my box is in preship from Chicago. It's a matter of a few days. I never had anything shipped free from China that was this fast. Ordered it on the 19th. I guess they want more reviews. Ha!

Comment

I've been using this new KM6 Deluxe device for a week and I'm delighted, it works great and I have no complaints. I have changed the launcher for the new Chromecast with the new Google TV interface and it works very well. As for the absence of Netflix certification, it is the only downside of this device, but in my personal case it is not important. However, yesterday I found in a Russian forum a version specially modified for the KM6, of Netflix for Android TV with support of high definition up to 4K. They say that it is perfectly functional, but I have not been able to download it because for me it is impossible to register in that forum due to a captcha in Cyrillic that I cannot overcome. This is the link: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...st&p=103876933

Comment

Originally posted by Funkoyote View Post
        I've been using this new KM6 Deluxe device for a week and I'm delighted, it works great and I have no complaints. I have changed the launcher for the new Chromecast with the new Google TV interface and it works very well. As for the absence of Netflix certification, it is the only downside of this device, but in my personal case it is not important. However, yesterday I found in a Russian forum a version specially modified for the KM6, of Netflix for Android TV with support of high definition up to 4K. They say that it is perfectly functional, but I have not been able to download it because for me it is impossible to register in that forum due to a captcha in Cyrillic that I cannot overcome. This is the link: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...st&p=103876933
        Hi, thanks for the info, and link. I think my old forum login may still work on 4pda.ru, and will give it a try. You could contact or post a question about the restriction in the pie for s912 thread. I think one of the active members may send you a link on obtaining it.

yep, not a problem with this box out of the box, but wee tweaks for my taste is what I have done. I may try the launcher X, with this box. Though TV launcher seems to do what I need for now. Maybe when I am bored and want to tweak I try out launcher X. Being I will have to setup my shortcuts and what not.

So far the best box I have seen for the price.

Comment

Last edited by Guest; 02-03-2021, 21:23.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post
              Thanks, I downloaded it from your link and will test it on my KM6 Deluxe, that I received yesterday.

Edit: Absolutely amazing. It plays in HDR with DD+ audio. It also changes the frame rate to match the video......
              Last edited by clarkss12; 02-04-2021, 14:35.
              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Thanks, I downloaded it from your link and will test it on my KM6 Deluxe, that I received yesterday.
                I ended up creating an account... bloody hell! Though it's like a video game. Part Sudoku part ASCII Rogue. My cheat sheet on creating a 4pda account, doing the Russian spelt out numbers. Keep clicking in the box of written Cyrillic text. Until you note that the text is much shorter than normal. Usually it will be some number in the thousands. The last number is just a single digit number. Once you figure out the first number, the final one is easy. Not all codes are in 4 segments, as they can be either done 3 or 2. I have found codes like 1004, 9002 and 8007.

as for the Netflix app. It runs perfect on my Deluxe box. Though we have basic plan. We spent all our money in Prime Video, Sling, DTV OTA box, fiber internet connex, and the Deluxe box. Eventually we will get around upgrading to HD service on Netflix.

Comment

Ok, I had time to install LauncherX. Unfortunately it don't play well on my KM6 Deluxe box. One it randomly disconnects remote entry to move around and select items. Two, the main search page, has issues with the updated highlights and info ticker. It scrolls endlessly at a high rate of speed. Would cause epileptic convulsions. Three, the dreaded factory reset endless loop, for just moving about in the screens. I cannot recommend LauncherX on these boxes until an update or root has been achived to logcat and correct with tweaking build.prop or adding Google TV system apps. As far as I am concerned, it's a bunch of unknowns using it permanently.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post
                    Thank you very much, in my case, since I do not have a Netflix account, and I also have the application integrated into my TV, I will not be able to check if this application is, as they say in this Russian forum, completely reliable and functional. I am waiting for the next launch of the Apple TV + app for Android TV

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

Ok, I had time to install LauncherX. Unfortunately it don't play well on my KM6 Deluxe box. One it randomly disconnects remote entry to move around and select items. Two, the main search page, has issues with the updated highlights and info ticker. It scrolls endlessly at a high rate of speed. Would cause epileptic convulsions. Three, the dreaded factory reset endless loop, for just moving about in the screens. I cannot recommend LauncherX on these boxes until an update or root has been achived to logcat and correct with tweaking build.prop or adding Google TV system apps. As far as I am concerned, it's a bunch of unknowns using it permanently.

It works perfectly for me, I have installed this version: https://www.apkmirror.com/apk/google...36395-release/
                      The updated Google base apk: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZGb...zodr8lgmO/view
                      Following these instructions: https://www.howtogeek.com/693761/how...ces-right-now/
                      Last edited by Funkoyote; 02-04-2021, 16:33.

Comment

Oh, I saw that before.... just downloaded official LauncherX and used my already updated Google app. I never heard of Google base, tried to download it just to compare with. Figuring it is old, and will get updated by playstore. Though, if I it is a modded port from the new Chromecast, then I guess it would make a difference. I am one to install pure play store apps, mostly. Though the Netflix app is not an OS system app, so it is less prone to effect the system. If Google Base ties itself into the system through play services, I have no way to isolate issues that may pop up when LauncherX is updated.

I figure, once a root option is established, getting stock upgradable LauncherX to function without issues for me, will be my option to correct on my own.

Mostly, I miss my modded Sony build.prop. it allowed LauncherX and many TV apps to be downloaded and updated through Play TV store. Even though it was on buggy modded firmware, most of the play functionality with store apps was functional.

I have downloaded the new Chromecast Google TV apps (Chromecast versions of Shield TV apps), BBC iPlayer ATV and ITV Hub ATV. They will not install, so I assume there is much more to Chromecast framework than meets the eye. Another reason why I need to root to resolve LauncherX issues without patching. Once that is corrected, Ithe may allow the two ATV apps to install. It would be cool to see All4 and STV come out with ATV apps. New Zealand may never get their Three and TVNZ apps on ATV, population there does not make for a market, unless your primary TV viewers are sheep. Ha!

Comment

Found out why Chromecast version of ATV BBC iPlayer and ITV Hub fails to install. The previous ATV versions for Shield TV would install side by side with phone apps. These newer apps will not install until their phone app counter part is uninstalled. BBC iPlayer fully functional, no issues. ITV Hub, needs updated or Google Services, as Google has not released the KM6 Deluxe as a device on the white list. It installs and loads, just device detection will not let it continue. I imagine a few will hack the apk to allow all boxes, by disabling the device check.

I uninstalled Google that came preloaded and installed ATV google, no change with my issues with LauncherX. The only other option is to remove stock launcher, allows it loads first and may effect LauncherX operation. I did notice launcherx needs 320 dpi. Until all my apps are ATV, I must keep my 300 dpi setting. LauncherX is nice, but I have way too many TV apps that end up making the Google TV interface a bit crowded, and time consuming.

Now that I found why my ATV BBC iPlayer installation failed, I am not concerned about fixing stock LauncherX on my box.

I am looking forward to ITV Hub update and All4 to be released in Google TV form. Looks like us early buyers, are finding out Google TV will be incorporated soon. Maybe when Mecool releases a OTA, more options will be available. Would love to see Google TV pop up instead of TV Box when booted.

Comment

Edit: Absolutely amazing. It plays in HDR with DD+ audio. It also changes the frame rate to match the video......
                            Maximum 4k or 1080p?

Comment

Originally posted by Leoben View Post
                              That is a good question. When I played the test videos, it did NOT show 4k in the stats, however, it does list 4k and HDR, which contradicts each other. This is the only device that I have/had that did not show HD or 4k in the stats, but still showed the "emblems" of HDR, or HD, etc.

So, since I did not know what indication to believe, I did a comparison to the Nvidia Shield. Both devices connect to my Yamaha AVR then to my Visio HDR TV. I played the same video on both devices ( 3 different movies), and they looked identical, that is why I believe that this ATV Netflix is indeed playing in 4k. But, that is relying on my eyesight ..
                              MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

That is a good question. When I played the test videos, it did NOT show 4k in the stats, however, it does list 4k and HDR, which contradicts each other. This is the only device that I have/had that did not show HD or 4k in the stats, but still showed the "emblems" of HDR, or HD, etc.

So, since I did not know what indication to believe, I did a comparison to the Nvidia Shield. Both devices connect to my Yamaha AVR then to my Visio HDR TV. I played the same video on both devices ( 3 different movies), and they looked identical, that is why I believe that this ATV Netflix is indeed playing in 4k. But, that is relying on my eyesight ..

here is one to bake your noodle... did a back to back comparison with video going from phone beta app to the Netflix tv mod. We only have basic subscription. On the KM6 Deluxe, the beta phone app did a higher resolution than the Netflix TV mod. Obviously something is going on between the two apps, that Netflix uses to adjust resolution during playback. Even though I have lost some definition with basic subscription I am keeping the Netflix TV mod as my go to app.

Comment

Working...
                                X