Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

Ok, I had time to install LauncherX. Unfortunately it don't play well on my KM6 Deluxe box. One it randomly disconnects remote entry to move around and select items. Two, the main search page, has issues with the updated highlights and info ticker. It scrolls endlessly at a high rate of speed. Would cause epileptic convulsions. Three, the dreaded factory reset endless loop, for just moving about in the screens. I cannot recommend LauncherX on these boxes until an update or root has been achived to logcat and correct with tweaking build.prop or adding Google TV system apps. As far as I am concerned, it's a bunch of unknowns using it permanently.
    Thanks for this information, I was thinking about testing the LauncherX, but guess I won't do that at this time.
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Ok, though I think the problems I found with launcherX is from keeping ATV launcher. All the instructions about using LauncherX, tell you to uninstall the stock launcher. I assume once rebooted, the lack of the stock ATV launcher won't cause issues. I did not find LauncherX as nice as others. Too busy with pages and what not for my taste. Simple and sweet is my motto.

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

That is a good question. When I played the test videos, it did NOT show 4k in the stats, however, it does list 4k and HDR, which contradicts each other. This is the only device that I have/had that did not show HD or 4k in the stats, but still showed the "emblems" of HDR, or HD, etc.

So, since I did not know what indication to believe, I did a comparison to the Nvidia Shield. Both devices connect to my Yamaha AVR then to my Visio HDR TV. I played the same video on both devices ( 3 different movies), and they looked identical, that is why I believe that this ATV Netflix is indeed playing in 4k. But, that is relying on my eyesight ..
        Hi, so the app works fine for Netflix 4K? Does it only works on KM6? And are there other Netflix 4K apps for other devices?

Comment

Originally posted by yougz View Post

Hi, so the app works fine for Netflix 4K? Does it only works on KM6? And are there other Netflix 4K apps for other devices?
          Yes, this modded app works in 4k. It would NOT work on my Mecool KM1, which is the last Mecool box.
          MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Here they explain how to make the mod: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...entry103127272
            Last edited by Funkoyote; 02-11-2021, 15:19.

Comment

Yes, this modded app works in 4k. It would NOT work on my Mecool KM1, which is the last Mecool box.
              Netflix mod apk alike for Mecool KM1: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...991766&st=2200

Comment

Originally posted by Funkoyote View Post

Netflix mod apk alike for Mecool KM1: https://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?show...991766&st=2200
                I did not try it yet, but from what I read, It has to be decompiled and then re-compiled...... Am I reading it correctly?? thanks

Comment

Originally posted by trebor View Post
                  Bit of a YT review:

Any idea how to disable HDR on this box which does not have a switch to disable HDR?

Because like that this device is unusable on HDR TV. The colors are dull and are not the right ones. It is enough to look at the logos of the big brands (Youtube, Netflix ...) to realize that there is a color problem.

I do not understand because this problem is on several recent boxes.

So that makes it a device to recommend only for people whose TV is not HDR.

Unless you have a tip

Pity ...

Comment

Any idea how to disable HDR on this box which does not have a switch to disable HDR?
                    Because like that this device is unusable on HDR TV. The colors are dull and are not the right ones. It is enough to look at the logos of the big brands (Youtube, Netflix ...) to realize that there is a color problem.
                    I do not understand because this problem is on several recent boxes.
                    So that makes it a device to recommend only for people whose TV is not HDR.
                    Unless you have a tip
                    Pity ...
                    Check your TV's internal settings, my TV has an HDR setting per HDMI input, have to enable UHD/HDR (my other TV has to activate HDMI-2.0 per input) on the specific input that your Amlogic device is connected and then the TV will force correct SDR-to-HDR to correct the colors that the box is modifying incorrectly. My specific UHD-TV is from 2019 and the TV registers HDR always-On because that is what the device says it is transmitting to the TV but the TV's processor recognizes the incorrect color transmission and corrects it, but older TV's may not be able to fix the problem.

Comment

This Mecool KM6 Deluxe has a new interface today. Turned it on yesterday and this is what I saw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Android OS 2021021.png
Views:	1741
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	820401

Click image for larger version  Name:	Screenshot_20210213-132946.png Views:	0 Size:	270.8 KB ID:	820399

Comment

This Mecool KM6 Deluxe has a new interface today. Turned it on yesterday and this is what I saw.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Android OS 2021021.png
Views:	1741
Size:	289.7 KB
ID:	820401

Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20210213-132946.png Views:	0 Size:	270.8 KB ID:	820399
                        Home is even more beautiful isn't it? I think it's from the latest Google Home update

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Check your TV's internal settings, my TV has an HDR setting per HDMI input, have to enable UHD/HDR (my other TV has to activate HDMI-2.0 per input) on the specific input that your Amlogic device is connected and then the TV will force correct SDR-to-HDR to correct the colors that the box is modifying incorrectly. My specific UHD-TV is from 2019 and the TV registers HDR always-On because that is what the device says it is transmitting to the TV but the TV's processor recognizes the incorrect color transmission and corrects it, but older TV's may not be able to fix the problem.
                          My tv is a little over 2 years old.

The only setting I have on it that looks like it is HDMI 2.0 but even turning it off it doesn't change anything.

The new Chromecast has the automatic HDR switch.

I tried the Mecool KM1 and indeed on my tv the Mecool KM1 has a nice image unlike the KM6.

I don't understand why they let this go, especially since it is a problem that is known now. Many users complained that the Tivo Stream 4K could not work properly on their TV ..........

Comment

Is the HDR issue, the tv? I calibrated my TV using HD specs. I had to use service mode, and adjust defaults to WideYPbPr.
                            TVs usually default to RGB, which messes with HD colour space.

Comment

Originally posted by sagert View Post
                              Is there another link for the APK? This one no longer seems to work ...

Comment

Is there another link for the APK? This one no longer seems to work ...

Comment

Working...
                                X