Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Qualitative review

Comment

Disassembly and CPU temperature

Comment

Works. You are simply the best,

Comment

I confirm that the Apple TV + apk that they have presented these days for the Chromecast with Google TV is perfectly compatible with this KM6. https://apkcombo.com/es-es/apple-tv/...oidtv.appletv/

Comment

Originally posted by dfinikis View Post

Works. You are simply the best,
            Hi Have you installed? Is it a direct install?

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post

Hi Have you installed? Is it a direct install?
              Yes I have installed it, and it works perfectly on my tvbox *Me - Cool"..

//dfinikis.

Comment

Originally posted by Funkoyote View Post
                I confirm that the Apple TV + apk that they have presented these days for the Chromecast with Google TV is perfectly compatible with this KM6. https://apkcombo.com/es-es/apple-tv/...oidtv.appletv/
                Hi Funkoyote,

have you managed to login to your Apple TV account , using this apk on your Mecool KM6 deluxe?

//dfinikis

Comment

Hi Funkoyote,

have you managed to login to your Apple TV account , using this apk on your Mecool KM6 deluxe?

//dfinikis
                  Yes, I have been able to enter my account and I am playing the contents without problem

Comment

I had a wee bit of time and modded my KM6 Deluxe. Did not have time to post pictures, mostly was ate up by measuring and making what I had available work for stable cooling.

I do have plans early next year to modify the box for dual external antennas. A warranty thing.

For reference, I used the thick metal wedge heat sink from my old and fried MS8 Pro Mini. It was an odd duck for cooling, but dense enough to zap heat quite well. I had to cut off about 9mm to fit on top of the cpu, and across the ram. Used paste to allow for better cooling than white thermal silicone adhesive which was used originally. Never liked it, and the think wafer heat sink, was not what I recommend in keeping.

since there was enough room for more heat sink, and I needed to compress the modified steel plate heat sink to keep it snug against the CPU until the adhesive cured, I used an old GPU cooling kit, since the self sticking RAM heat sinks were just the right height, for fit once the pcb was mounted. I only had 3 of the 8 left from various other uses. Just using the top heat sink mods was a doubling the weight of the stock box with its steel bottom cover.

As for the bottom heat sink addition... the cooling pad was adjusted closer to the bottom the the CPU, as it only touches the open area of grounding plane of the PCB. Most devices that have limited open area cooling, use the grounding plane as a heat sink source. The pad helps dissipate heat from the PCB, more than direct contact with the heat generating component.

After some testing, the box is noticeably warmer on top. Mostly because the additional GPU RAM heat sinks are snug against the top cover plastic. The stamped steel bottom cover is noticeably cooler now. So it is indicative to the cooling mods done on top are working better than the bottom cover alone. Haven't used a temperature meter, but I think by touch, it's running about 50° steadily with load. I tried a few apps, but none were able to show thermal readings. I think our boxes, don't have temperature sensors.

Any way, I do believe the limited space in the enclosure requires such a mod for heavy gaming. I believe the box will throttle more often without the heat sink mod. Once there is a utility that can properly test the new X4 chip, we will have to wait on benchmarks on GPU and RAM endurance tests.

Comment

Yes I have installed it, and it works perfectly on my tvbox *Me - Cool"..

//dfinikis.
                      Ok just to be sure, need to decompile and compile again per earlier post? Cos I've tried direct install on KM9 Pro and ain't working... Have not tried on another KM3 box... Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post

Ok just to be sure, need to decompile and compile again per earlier post? Cos I've tried direct install on KM9 Pro and ain't working... Have not tried on another KM3 box... Thanks
                        It's an application modified specifically for the KM6. It does not work on any device other than the Mecool KM6

Comment

For other box and only in SD video, you can use this version of netflix 8.1.2 : https://uptobox.com/416q3cn4pv1n

Comment

For those who still have a working 4pda.ru account. A newer version of Netflix ATV HD mod is out for L1 boxes. Here is a link...

Comment

Is it possible to install any alternative launcher on this box?

Not interested in LauncherX, but Nova would be fine for me.

I installed Nova, and it didn't display correctly, maybe I had to make some changes?

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
                                For those who still have a working 4pda.ru account. A newer version of Netflix ATV HD mod is out for L1 boxes. Here is a link...
                                Ain't working appreciate if u could share pls. Thanks mate

Comment

Working...
                                X