Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jancales View Post
    Is it possible to install any alternative launcher on this box?
    Not interested in LauncherX, but Nova would be fine for me.
    I installed Nova, and it didn't display correctly, maybe I had to make some changes?
    Should be same ADB commands to disable the stock launcher as Nvidia ShieldTV, of course don't disable original.apk until after you have installed another launcher to be your primary.

TechDoctorUK has YouTube tutorials on disabling the stock launcher of AndroidTV devices with some custom apps so you don't have to actually type ADB-commands, just install the apps and click a few things and the new launcher will take over. You will need the "Nvidia Launcher Manager" to disable the stock launcher.apk, the LauncherX.apk to select your new launcher, and the ???.apk of whatever you choose Nova, Lawnchair2, Evie, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Should be same ADB commands to disable the stock launcher as Nvidia ShieldTV, of course don't disable original.apk until after you have installed another launcher to be your primary.

TechDoctorUK has YouTube tutorials on disabling the stock launcher of AndroidTV devices with some custom apps so you don't have to actually type ADB-commands, just install the apps and click a few things and the new launcher will take over. You will need the "Nvidia Launcher Manager" to disable the stock launcher.apk, the LauncherX.apk to select your new launcher, and the ???.apk of whatever you choose Nova, Lawnchair2, Evie, etc.
      Thanks RiCkLaR_atvX

Comment

Originally posted by Hideiyoshi View Post
        Ain't working appreciate if u could share pls. Thanks mate
        Every time I try to add a link it gets messed up by Freak tab server. Ask for Netflix v3 mod for android Tv. One of the guys here will add it in a link. I am surprised they have not done so by now. It's version 8.x.x. not the newest but newer than the previous version of 6.x.x.

Comment

Hi sagert , do you by chance happen to have a download link for the version 3, which you are willing to share?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Hi sagert , do you by chance happen to have a download link for the version 3, which you are willing to share?

Thanks in advance

Comment

When powering off the KM6, long press power button and select power off, I can't power up with the remote.

Anyone can confirm this is normal behaviour, or something wrong with my box?

Comment

I notice that remote not work very well at all, as it has to be pointed to the box, whereas I thought a Bluetooth remote would work regardless which direction you point, as long as you are within reach. I used at a distance of not more tan 2 meters.

Anyone who owns a KM6 can confirm my experience, or am I dealing with a faulty box/remote?

Comment

I notice that remote not work very well at all, as it has to be pointed to the box, whereas I thought a Bluetooth remote would work regardless which direction you point, as long as you are within reach. I used at a distance of not more tan 2 meters.

Anyone who owns a KM6 can confirm my experience, or am I dealing with a faulty box/remote?
                  the original batteries are bad, buy new good ones, like Energizer Lithium, or Duracell Max. The remote for KM6 has IR for turn on and off. Something about the box keeping it's IR on all the time. Bluetooth is turned off while wifi stays on. Seems like the firmware has a problem with mis aligning what radios are to be enabled during shut down or deep sleep.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post

the original batteries are bad, buy new good ones, like Energizer Lithium, or Duracell Max. The remote for KM6 has IR for turn on and off. Something about the box keeping it's IR on all the time. Bluetooth is turned off while wifi stays on. Seems like the firmware has a problem with mis aligning what radios are to be enabled during shut down or deep sleep.
                    I only use energizer or Duracell batteries, no batteries came with the box anyway.

When in sleep mode I can switch on box, but when powered off, unable to switch box on with remote, even holding the remote 20 cm from the front of the box.

During operation of the box have always have to point the remote in the direction of the box.

I tried now standing right in front of the box, and pointing to the left or right wall, the box doesn't respond.

When pointing to the ceiling box responds, so I have either a faulty remote, or a bluetooth of the box isn't working properly.

Gonna order a new box, and send them this one back. Hope not all of them will be like this, because then I can get better boxes for less money

Comment

Probably the ir receiver in the box is not properly aligned to its window, or the remote ir transmitter is not aligned to its window. Yes, you can send it back, but if you are like a techy, there is noting that won't stop you in opening them up to discover for your self. Hehehehehehe!

Comment

When powering off the KM6, long press power button and select power off, I can't power up with the remote.

Anyone can confirm this is normal behaviour, or something wrong with my box?
                        Just tested my KM6 Deluxe and don't have this issue. When I power OFF the device, the light in front turns "orange". I do have to get close to turn it back on, since I have physical obstructions in front of the box.

Edit: I am running an updated firmware that Mecool emailed me 2 or 3 weeks ago.
                        MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Just tested my KM6 Deluxe and don't have this issue. When I power OFF the device, the light in front turns "orange". I do have to get close to turn it back on, since I have physical obstructions in front of the box.

Edit: I am running an updated firmware that Mecool emailed me 2 or 3 weeks ago.
                          Do you power off by long press the power button and select power off, and not just put it to sleep by short press power button?

The bluetooth issue seems to be fixed in the meantime. I did unpair the remote and pair again, and now it works from in the next room. Still can't power up, but I can get it out of "sleep".

Could you please forward the firmware to me?

Comment

Do you power off by long press the power button and select power off, and not just put it to sleep by short press power button?

The bluetooth issue seems to be fixed in the meantime. I did unpair the remote and pair again, and now it works from in the next room. Still can't power up, but I can get it out of "sleep".

Could you please forward the firmware to me?
                            I used the long press method. I also set it to shut down under settings. I normally let it run all the time.......
                            MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

I used the long press method. I also set it to shut down under settings. I normally let it run all the time.......
                              What was the reason you received the updated firmware from Mecool, what issues did you have?

Comment

What was the reason you received the updated firmware from Mecool, what issues did you have?
                                The firmware would always show HDR 10 every time I played a movie. They removed that false indication, it now only shows when an HDR video is being played....

Comment

Working...
                                X