Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by atvbca View Post
    This is the latest OTA update from July 9th. https://mega.nz/file/LAoyyRhQ#p_mqrC...FVOvfGfnheVy6Q

Then why it is dated 26 October 2020, as that is the firmware all boxes have?

KM6-ota-V4.20201026 .zip

Comment

Originally posted by Jancales View Post

Then why it is dated 26 October 2020, as that is the firmware all boxes have?

KM6-ota-V4.20201026 .zip
      Because I guess their either too lazy to change the file name or they just don't care. After flashing when you check the version info you'll see the number incremented to 907102009001.

Comment

Because I guess their either too lazy to change the file name or they just don't care. After flashing when you check the version info you'll see the number incremented to 907102009001.
        Thanks, in the meantime I also took a look on the 4pda forum, where this update is also mentioned.

Seems that it not only doesn't fix the issue with the IR remote not working when completely powered down, the way they try to fix it makes the issue even worse by leaving the Bluetooth on even when the box is powered off.

If you have other devices connected by Bluetooth, then you create problems of course.

Below is a comment from 4pda on this update, maybe you can share your experience, as i don't have the boxes any more, but I'm considering them again..................if everything works as expected.

On the latest firmware (from 07/09/2021), if the set-top box is completely turned off (Shutdown mode), then the Bluetooth modules in both the set-top box and the remote control are NOT disabled. IR mode is not used. If you turn off the set-top box incorrectly (for example, by pressing the power button while loading Android), then the remote control cannot turn on the set-top box, since the infrared port on the remote control is disabled, and Bluetooth is disabled on the set-top box. Basically, on the latest firmware, there are no problems with turning on / off, but only if the set-top box is turned off correctly and only one remote control is connected via Bluetooth. For me, one unpleasant moment appeared, because of which I had to roll back to the previous firmware. The set-top box began to turn on by any button on the remote control, and not just by the power button. But it can still be lived through. Worse, because Bluetooth is always on,the gamepad stopped automatically turning off - it turned off when the Bluetooth connection was lost. And when, after a certain time of inactivity, it nevertheless turns off itself, it wakes up the prefix and it turns on.

PS I noticed that if the remote control is in Bluetooth mode and does not respond on the Bluetooth set-top box, then after 20-30 button presses, the remote control, apparently not receiving a response from the set-top box, eventually switches to IR mode and turns on the set-top box.

Comment

This is the latest OTA update from July 9th. https://mega.nz/file/LAoyyRhQ#p_mqrC...FVOvfGfnheVy6Q

KM6-ota-V4.20201026 .zip - seems its still the old one
          Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
          Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
          Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
          Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
          Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

Hello friends, this is Brazil. I bought a deluxe km6 on aliexpress, but it doesn't work .. it keeps turning on and off. No image appears on TV. I've tried using the usb burning tool and adding new firmware, but without success. Does not connect to PC. I'm very disappointed. How do I short the board and see if it works?

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz Octavio View Post
              Hello friends, this is Brazil. I bought a deluxe km6 on aliexpress, but it doesn't work .. it keeps turning on and off. No image appears on TV. I've tried using the usb burning tool and adding new firmware, but without success. Does not connect to PC. I'm very disappointed. How do I short the board and see if it works?

O meu chegou ontem , cara antes de vc mexer no firmware vc tinha que ter testado a fonte, pois pode ser a fonte que não veio boa, uma fonte pra fazer essa TV BOX funcionar nem é difícil de achar, 5 volts e 2 Amperes. achei a fonte dessa TV BOX meio vagabundinha.

Comment

Originally posted by et@ View Post

O meu chegou ontem , cara antes de vc mexer no firmware vc tinha que ter testado a fonte, pois pode ser a fonte que não veio boa, uma fonte pra fazer essa TV BOX funcionar nem é difícil de achar, 5 volts e 2 Amperes. achei a fonte dessa TV BOX meio vagabundinha.
                Nao, irmao,... eu testei outra fonte, testei no pc tb... bela merda, viu..

Agora estou com um peso de papel aqui, porque abri disputa e se bobear tenho q arcar com o frete pra devolver p China.

Comment

Originally posted by Luiz Octavio View Post

Nao, irmao,... eu testei outra fonte, testei no pc tb... bela merda, viu..

Agora estou com um peso de papel aqui, porque abri disputa e se bobear tenho q arcar com o frete pra devolver p China.

Isso acontece, infelizmente vc foi premiado, o TV BOX é bom e estou gostando muito, vou torcer para que vc consiga a troca do aparelho, infelizmente esse é o risco de comprar pela internet, principalmente da China onde fazer a troca é mais complicado do que seria aqui no Brasil, eu compro da China mas eu não confio nos asiáticos, no geral eles não tem palavra , o único país asiático que confio e que leva a sério suas marcas e produtos japoneses..

Comment

hi
                    i dont know if i am in right place to post this i install some apps but when i try to open them it say that app is not install but what could be the problem and how to fix this ?

thanks

Comment

Can we port this Firmware to A95X F4 box?

Comment

HI.

How do i short circuit the km6 deluxe? Does anyone know and can you help me?

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
                          Oh, no the box does not have dsp. It does have the ability to pass raw digital, which is fine for me. I have a Yamaha 9.2 system. Basically 7.1 with an extra sub out and 2 spacial speakers. Actually I turn off direct sound and push dolby surround on PG action movies. Though the THX sound in Apocalypse Now Redux, Thin Red Line and Saving Private Ryan, is awsome. The ATMOS system works best in large rooms, where 10 or more people can watch a movie, which I don't have. So I don't miss the dolby dsp on the box. The main reason why I got the Deluxe, was for best video capabilities without all the issues S912 had with stability and need for tweaks. It plays anything I hit it with as long as it was properly encoded. Though my test vids are made to break decoding, which this box decodes without a hic up. For its low price and its ability to run the mix of phone and tv pay for streaming apps, make it worth the purchase, even though it can't be rooted. It really does not need root, since its fairly new and Mecool is working on keeping up with updates... 4 in all now.
                          Did you mean, you can config passthrough raw audio on KM6?

I am getting stuck with it, I use Kodi, config audio passthrough and play Dolby Atmos movie but it no show Atmos on the soundbar Samsung K950 (the last TV box is Himedia Q3 working well).

Can you show me how to config? Many thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by BimKen View Post
                            Did you mean, you can config passthrough raw audio on KM6?
                            I am getting stuck with it, I use Kodi, config audio passthrough and play Dolby Atmos movie but it no show Atmos on the soundbar Samsung K950 (the last TV box is Himedia Q3 working well).
                            Can you show me how to config? Many thanks!
                            Does your Movie file have multiple audio files embedded (ac4, eac3-joc, ac3)? With these new Soundbar Atmos systems they have an app to control them, and usually the app is the best way to check and see what codec is actually being received/played.

DolbyAtmos can be encoded in both AC4 codec and EAC3-JOC codec, AC4 is "Lossless" TrueHD Atmos, and EAC3-JOC is "Lossy" Atmos in DD+ container, and AC3 is just standard DolbyDigital.

The combination of "Amlogic + Kodi + Android" doesn't automatically recognize TrueHD Atmos for passthrough, devices will though provide Atmos over DD+ passthrough, but still TrueHD Atmos is broken. This can be fixed though, because companies like Ugoos has fixed the bug in the Amlogic device's software. There is other video players like Plex, Vimu Media Player, and Just(Video)Player which may be able to properly play the video and have TrueHD Atmos passthrough that you should try instead of Kodi.

If none of the other players work and still having problems input these cmds (one at a time) via ADB to fix SurroundSound issues:
                            Code:
                            settings put global audio_mixing 0
                            settings put global digital_audio_format 3
                            settings put global digital_audio_subformat 5,6,7,8,13,14,17,18,19
                            settings put global encoded_surround_output 3
                            settings put global encoded_surround_output_enabled_formats 5,6,7,8,13,14,17,18,19
                            settings put global external_surround_sound_enabled 1
                            settings put global surround_sound_supported 1
                            settings put global use_external_surround_sound_flag 1
                            settings put system enable_pass_through 1
                            settings put system support_dolby 1
                            reboot

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Does your Movie file have multiple audio files embedded (ac4, eac3-joc, ac3)? With these new Soundbar Atmos systems they have an app to control them, and usually the app is the best way to check and see what codec is actually being received/played.

DolbyAtmos can be encoded in both AC4 codec and EAC3-JOC codec, AC4 is "Lossless" TrueHD Atmos, and EAC3-JOC is "Lossy" Atmos in DD+ container, and AC3 is just standard DolbyDigital.

The combination of "Amlogic + Kodi + Android" doesn't automatically recognize TrueHD Atmos for passthrough, devices will though provide Atmos over DD+ passthrough, but still TrueHD Atmos is broken. This can be fixed though, because companies like Ugoos has fixed the bug in the Amlogic device's software. There is other video players like Plex, Vimu Media Player, and Just(Video)Player which may be able to properly play the video and have TrueHD Atmos passthrough that you should try instead of Kodi.

If none of the other players work and still having problems input these cmds (one at a time) via ADB to fix SurroundSound issues:
                              Code:
                              settings put global audio_mixing 0
                              settings put global digital_audio_format 3
                              settings put global digital_audio_subformat 5,6,7,8,13,14,17,18,19
                              settings put global encoded_surround_output 3
                              settings put global encoded_surround_output_enabled_formats 5,6,7,8,13,14,17,18,19
                              settings put global external_surround_sound_enabled 1
                              settings put global surround_sound_supported 1
                              settings put global use_external_surround_sound_flag 1
                              settings put system enable_pass_through 1
                              settings put system support_dolby 1
                              reboot
                              I don't know what codec of audio files embedded but the same file I use to play on Himedia Q3 and the soundbar can show "Dolby Atmos". So I think it's no problem with my soundbar.

I will try with another player as you've recommended.

Could you introduce me how to use ADB? I've never did before.

Thanks!

P/S: with these ADB cmds, it can fix this issues for all player, include Kodi?

Comment

Originally posted by BimKen View Post
                                I don't know what codec of audio files embedded but the same file I use to play on Himedia Q3 and the soundbar can show "Dolby Atmos". So I think it's no problem with my soundbar.
                                I will try with another player as you've recommended.
                                The soundbar app should tell you what type of file is playing, if it doesn't show actual codec EAC3 or AC4, then it will probably show "DolbyAtmos(DD+)" or "DolbyHD(Atmos)" inside the app for your phone to control the soundbar.

Could you introduce me how to use ADB? I've never did before.
                                You have Android Tablet? Easiest method is with Remote_ADB_Shell app on an Android device to connect to AndroidTV devices after you enable Developer_Options and USB_Debugging in your TV device.

Search YouTube for Videos on using/connecting to device with ADB, and/or Google for Blogs with tutorials.

P/S: with these ADB cmds, it can fix this issues for all player, include Kodi?
                                With Kodi if the file is DD+(Atmos) then yes, sadly not for TrueHD Atmos(AC4) that needs to be fixed by Mecool.

You are using Kodi 19.x, correct? Kodi 18 and older sucks, stop using that old shit if you are.

Settings for Kodi 19:
                                - Settings mode = Expert
                                - under Kodi System settings, at top of the Audio settings: Audio output = AudioTrack(RAW)
                                - Number of channels = 5.1
                                - Output configuration = Optimized
                                - Resample Quality = High
                                - Turn ON Passthrough "button"
                                - Passthrough output device = AudioTrack(IEC)
                                - then turn on all formats buttons (from just looking at Samsung page I don't think your Soundbar can do DTS-HD)

Those should be best audio settings for kodi for you, only Kodi 19.x lets you correctly select two different settings for AudioTrack, which allows you to just disable passthrough while in VideoPlayerOSD just in case you come across an unsupported PT format while using Kodi, which will revert to the devices internal raw HW/SW codecs.
                                Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 09-30-2021, 08:58. Reason: typos

Comment

Working...
                                X