Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MECOOL Android TV Box KM6 Deluxe Edition Powered by Amlogic S905X4 AVI supported

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
    The soundbar app should tell you what type of file is playing, if it doesn't show actual codec EAC3 or AC4, then it will probably show "DolbyAtmos(DD+)" or "DolbyHD(Atmos)" inside the app for your phone to control the soundbar.
    My soundbar only indicate "Dolby Atmos" on led panel when it's received Dolby Atmos signal I've never seen another kind and DolbyHD(Atmos). I've never seen Samsung soundbar app show the type of file, too. I will try more, maybe Samsung hide it somewhere .

You have Android Tablet? Easiest method is with Remote_ADB_Shell app on an Android device to connect to AndroidTV devices after you enable Developer_Options and USB_Debugging in your TV device.

Search YouTube for Videos on using/connecting to device with ADB, and/or Google for Blogs with tutorials.
    Thanks, I will try.

With Kodi if the file is DD+(Atmos) then yes, sadly not for TrueHD Atmos(AC4) that needs to be fixed by Mecool.

You are using Kodi 19.x, correct? Kodi 18 and older sucks, stop using that old shit if you are.

Settings for Kodi 19:
    - Settings mode = Expert
    - under Kodi System settings, at top of the Audio settings: Audio output = AudioTrack(RAW)
    - Number of channels = 5.1
    - Output configuration = Optimized
    - Resample Quality = High
    - Turn ON Passthrough "button"
    - Passthrough output device = AudioTrack(IEC)
    - then turn on all formats buttons (from just looking at Samsung page I don't think your Soundbar can do DTS-HD)

Those should be best audio settings for kodi for you, only Kodi 19.x lets you correctly select two different settings for AudioTrack, which allows you to just disable passthrough while in VideoPlayerOSD just in case you come across an unsupported PT format while using Kodi, which will revert to the devices internal raw HW/SW codecs.
    Yes, I am using newsest version of Kodi 19.1. I've used to try some option, but never try Audio output = AudioTrack(RAW) and Passthrough output device = AudioTrack(IEC), I always chose both the same .

Yes, my soundbar do not support DTS-HD so I do not check "DTS capable receiver" and "DTS-HD capable receiver"

Comment

Does your Movie file have multiple audio files embedded (ac4, eac3-joc, ac3)? With these new Soundbar Atmos systems they have an app to control them, and usually the app is the best way to check and see what codec is actually being received/played.

DolbyAtmos can be encoded in both AC4 codec and EAC3-JOC codec, AC4 is "Lossless" TrueHD Atmos, and EAC3-JOC is "Lossy" Atmos in DD+ container, and AC3 is just standard DolbyDigital.

The combination of "Amlogic + Kodi + Android" doesn't automatically recognize TrueHD Atmos for passthrough, devices will though provide Atmos over DD+ passthrough, but still TrueHD Atmos is broken. This can be fixed though, because companies like Ugoos has fixed the bug in the Amlogic device's software. There is other video players like Plex, Vimu Media Player, and Just(Video)Player which may be able to properly play the video and have TrueHD Atmos passthrough that you should try instead of Kodi.

If none of the other players work and still having problems input these cmds (one at a time) via ADB to fix SurroundSound issues:
      Code:
      settings put global audio_mixing 0
      settings put global digital_audio_format 3
      settings put global digital_audio_subformat 5,6,7,8,13,14,17,18,19
      settings put global encoded_surround_output 3
      settings put global encoded_surround_output_enabled_formats 5,6,7,8,13,14,17,18,19
      settings put global external_surround_sound_enabled 1
      settings put global surround_sound_supported 1
      settings put global use_external_surround_sound_flag 1
      settings put system enable_pass_through 1
      settings put system support_dolby 1
      reboot
      Amazing, It worked for DD+ Dolby Atmos but not TrueHD Dolby Atmos (AC4). Thanks anyway!

Do you know KM6 did not support TrueHD Dolby Atmos cause by software or hardware design? If it by hardware, I wounder it can not fix?

Comment

y guys what y think about the new KM7 ???

905Y4 ???

and big surprise;No any USB3.0 port!
        is it joke
        what is this
        only 2xUSB2.0 ports

TRANSLATE with x English Arabic Hebrew Polish Bulgarian Hindi Portuguese Catalan Hmong Daw Romanian Chinese Simplified Hungarian Russian Chinese Traditional Indonesian Slovak Czech Italian Slovenian Danish Japanese Spanish Dutch Klingon Swedish English Korean Thai Estonian Latvian Turkish Finnish Lithuanian Ukrainian F

Comment

Originally posted by BimKen View Post
          Amazing, It worked for DD+ Dolby Atmos but not TrueHD Dolby Atmos (AC4). Thanks anyway!
          Do you know KM6 did not support TrueHD Dolby Atmos cause by software or hardware design? If it by hardware, I wounder it can not fix?
          TrueHD Atmos codec can be made to use passthrough if the Android software allows it, so the problem is both inside Amlogic's SDK and Mecool's firmware, both are at fault for not trying to fix it. Android can use IEC_API to passthrough almost all the different HD audio codecs, but only Ugoos company took the time to fix the kernel and firmware so their devices can actually passthrough TrueHD Atmos audio correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
            y guys what y think about the new KM7 ???
            905Y4 ???
            and big surprise;No any USB3.0 port!
            is it joke
            what is this
            only 2xUSB2.0 ports
            https://www.mecoolonline.com/collections/mecool-km7
            New chipset is interesting, but definitely a budget box and chip; Mecool charging way too much, box should only be sold for around $50 USD.

If you want the new chip then wait for the stick devices coming from Xiaomi, Realme, and even Mecool will be selling a Netflix Certified stick. The Netflix Certified Mecool stick is supposedly being made by Skyworth ODM, company that makes the current KM2; Skyworth is one of the very few STB companies that has pre-approval to make Netflix certified devices

Comment

TrueHD Atmos codec can be made to use passthrough if the Android software allows it, so the problem is both inside Amlogic's SDK and Mecool's firmware, both are at fault for not trying to fix it. Android can use IEC_API to passthrough almost all the different HD audio codecs, but only Ugoos company took the time to fix the kernel and firmware so their devices can actually passthrough TrueHD Atmos audio correctly.
              Understood, Thanks!!!!

Comment

so,time is not rush for every "new" Boxes!
                sit&wait for couple of months

Comment

New chipset is interesting, but definitely a budget box and chip; Mecool charging way too much, box should only be sold for around $50 USD.

If you want the new chip then wait for the stick devices coming from Xiaomi, Realme, and even Mecool will be selling a Netflix Certified stick. The Netflix Certified Mecool stick is supposedly being made by Skyworth ODM, company that makes the current KM2; Skyworth is one of the very few STB companies that has pre-approval to make Netflix certified devices
                  And of course, with Google themselves essentially mandating that AV1 be a requirement in future, their own Chromecast with Google TV will need an update soon, likely updating to an S905X4 or derivative of.

I think that this SOC will soon become a more budget option in the range because it offers little more in terms of power from the S905X3.
                  R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

Hi all,
                    I hope you can help me. I have a trouble with the apple tv+ app. The app works fine but my problem is that the series or even movies don't have sound. Each and every show is silent. I tried woth older app version. I found one workaround slolution but not worked for me. (Workaround that in the in the sound settings you should've to turn off the sorround.)
                    Do you have any idea what should i do? I have the up to date firmware. ( From 9th July)... Thanks. ( Funny thing i have a Xgimi Mogo Pro DLP projector with cert. android Tv 9 and the apple tv+ works fine with sound))

Comment

Originally posted by tonymhu View Post
                      Hi all,
                      I hope you can help me. I have a trouble with the apple tv+ app. The app works fine but my problem is that the series or even movies don't have sound. Each and every show is silent. I tried woth older app version. I found one workaround slolution but not worked for me. (Workaround that in the in the sound settings you should've to turn off the sorround.)
                      Do you have any idea what should i do? I have the up to date firmware. ( From 9th July)... Thanks. ( Funny thing i have a Xgimi Mogo Pro DLP projector with cert. android Tv 9 and the apple tv+ works fine with sound))

In my KM6 deluxe app apple tv+ working perfectly, maybe these bugs have to do with your TV connected to the device.

Comment

Hi. The last version of modded Netflix (ninja) no longer work. Do you have any new workaround here?

Comment

Originally posted by tonymhu View Post
                          Hi. The last version of modded Netflix (ninja) no longer work. Do you have any new workaround here?
                          Try this apk, am still running it on my mecool KM1 connected to Sony x85j using certified 8K hdmi and running optical cable from tv to my avr. Though my Sony tv is Dolby Vision capable, I sometimes switch between using the box and TV Netflix.

https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...tified-devices

Comment

Any idea why i dont have sound on Plex when i watching the remote quality original? If i change to the transcode lower quality works fine? Is this something EAC5.1 issue? I streaming mkvies etc from a paid one shared plex media server

Comment

Does anyone else has a problen with the km6 deluxe and vpn?
                              I have a 100 Mbit/s connection and I'm getting 96 Mbit/s without vpn. The same on my smartphone and PC. But as soon as I'm using a vpn service, it will drop to max 55Mbit or less on my km6. My phone and PC are getting close to 90. I'm using surfshark, but I had the same experience with nordvpn. I know it depends on a lot of things like server location and protocol, but I used the same settings on all my devices. Is this a mecool problem or android?

Comment

Hi all,

tonymhu, have you managed to have sound with Apple tv app in Mecool KM6. I face exactly the same problem, even with HDMi connection to my Samsung tv, or when I connect Bluetooth earbuds.

@et@ could you please share with us the Device preferences -- Sound & the Advanced settings -Audio output settings you have in you box, to check if we have any differences there?

Many the aks in advance for your help. It is very annoyong this Apple tv app sound issue in our Mecool.

//dfinikis

Comment

Working...
                                X