No announcement yet.

Poll: Any new S905x4 buyers for 2021?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, I just lost a good bit of writing... this happens way too much on this site, and for that I tend to stop writing, until I get over my frustration and anger.

I was able to find a reason why some HDR TV issues happen, when others are not. I found out by accident why my TV is not affected by washed out look. I noticed in the settings, HDMI black level. In factory default, which is commonly used in calibrations. You limit black level down to 16. HDR, THX, and PC requires black level down to 0. The setting may be listed as low, wide, full, or even PC.

also my TV has a PC only connection. Which allows fractional and undocumented resolutions. PAL and ATSC can coexist without any setting other than seletting HDMI 3. Well any way, wash out comes into play when HDMI black level is not set to 0. If you are willing try adjusting that to correct the box HDR wash out ofor colours and blacks.

here is a link to a site that explains what I wrote and lost before submitting.
    Black colors may look washed out and gray if you connect your PC to its display via an HDMI cable, and it's not your display's fault.

Comment

to X92-2GB
      Voice search does not work when working with remote controls G20S-30S-40S-50S - remotes with dongles.
      Can you solve this problem ?
      Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Hikvision View Post
        to X92-2GB
        Voice search does not work when working with remote controls G20S-30S-40S-50S - remotes with dongles.
        Can you solve this problem ?
        Thank you
        I have tried to keep up on 4pda.ru... unfortunately my first time in introducing myself I got banned. Ha! From what I gather, it seems that some get it to work but soon stops.

I am only guessing, since I don't use voice, and noticed my fly mouse dongle is powered off during sleep. It does not bother me as it can wake proper on heart beat.

I think many issues with wake from standby are from deep sleep. You can disable all the system apps from deep sleep or battery saver. There may be an option to side load an app to keep the box from sleeping. I have not bothered with the box as of yet, waiting on the latest update, to see if Mecool has sorted out the bugs.

I may have time to look into power management and remove deep sleep / battery saver temporarily to see if It clears up wake issues with Dongle and HDMI. If I notice some improvement, it may help with voice not staying active / enabled.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
          I have tried to keep up on 4pda.ru...
          I tell you about voice search and you tell me about deep sleep )
          what is your nickname for 4pda ?

Comment

I tell you about voice search and you tell me about deep sleep )
            what is your nickname for 4pda ?
            Voice through a dangle could be effected by deep sleep, if dangle disconnects. I have no other means to test outside of my fly mouse dongle. Which is shut off under deep sleep. If I manage to keep it active, it may allow some controllers to keep a voice connection. Like I said, some on 4pda have reported getting voice to function, but it soon goes away. Power saver is the only thing that comes to mind on how dongles can be effected.

I have two, both are locked out. My original account is wormboy, I had to create a new account, as I had no way to activate the old one. My old email address is no longer. The new account is wormboy2. Within minutes after posting my replies, my account got locked. One reason is they found my old account and explained having two is unauthorized. Secondly I had made conversation that was not about the box in general. So they removed all replies by me and the few who had replied back. Usually I don't make much contact, just use the account to download. When I have time, I may create a new account just for downloading. Russian is not good for me, and English can't be used on the site, or you get banned, like I did.

Comment

Originally posted by X92-2GB View Post
              Voice.
              You misunderstood the problem with voice search.
              In short
              - On bluetooth remotes, the voice works !!! (Mecool V01)
              - On remotes with a dongle - does not work ! Never ! (G20S-30S-40S-50S ...)
              Sleep has nothing to do with it
              Sorry, you must have been banned due to very large and lengthy messages.
              Thank you, everything is clear to me

Comment

You misunderstood the problem with voice search.
                In short
                - On bluetooth remotes, the voice works !!! (Mecool V01)
                - On remotes with a dongle - does not work ! Never ! (G20S-30S-40S-50S ...)
                Sleep has nothing to do with it
                Sorry, you must have been banned due to very large and lengthy messages.
                Thank you, everything is clear to me
                it depends on how you look at cause and effect. I told you I have no way to test voice, and made best assumption on 5v switching on and off does to dongles. After reviewing of 4pda, the member found out it was due to HDMI cable. HDMI should not sink 5v from the box. Actually the TV should have about 500ma of current to pass through the HDMI connection, as it is shared for data path. Depending on the type of HDMI cable some pins may be wired differently than what the box can accept for connection. I use a SD CARD to usb adapter, so I can see what is going on with USB during boot, wake and sleep, as well as read and write. Sorry if I write too much, and bore you. But I rather explain details every one over looks than not. There are a lot of obvious stuff I see on 4pda, that I cannot bother to explain without getting into trouble. So I let them run in circles until they find their way.

as for turning off sleep in system apps, it works better, but not perfect. I hit the return button to wake box after TV wakes from power on, once box is in sleep mode. I assume HDMI is never active on thee boxes. My older box had a mod in build.prop to keep HDMI active. At least I have a better understanding for when I am able to change the build.prop.

Comment

the topic has exhausted itself
                  boring tv box

Comment

Hi guys, do you know anything about the software fixes for Mecool KM6 Deluxe, did you get any answer from the manufacturer?

Comment

Originally posted by andyd1970 View Post
                      Hi guys, do you know anything about the software fixes for Mecool KM6 Deluxe, did you get any answer from the manufacturer?
                      4pda.ru guys just mentioned the K1 got a new update. They are expecting the box will have one soon. I don't expect much on the fixes, as I have only a few small issues that most won't complain about. Every thing operates quite well. The best Chinese box I have owned so far.

Comment

With this opinion that the best is I can not agree, unfortunately the software has a few bugs that are bothersome, the problem with HDR on SDR materials that causes an ugly image, no Dolby Vision support and the problem with changing the resolution depending on the material played, is constant 3840x2560 or 1920x1080, no possibility to set the image DNR is permanently locked to medium positions and of course no Dolby True HD support with Atmos path and no support for Dts HD Master and Dts -X, there is only Dts 5.1 core

Comment

Originally posted by andyd1970 View Post
                          With this opinion that the best is I can not agree, unfortunately the software has a few bugs that are bothersome, the problem with HDR on SDR materials that causes an ugly image, no Dolby Vision support and the problem with changing the resolution depending on the material played, is constant 3840x2560 or 1920x1080, no possibility to set the image DNR is permanently locked to medium positions and of course no Dolby True HD support with Atmos path and no support for Dts HD Master and Dts -X, there is only Dts 5.1 core
                          I tried explaining sooooo many times, to set TV Native resolution and forget about switching from various formats. Most all your issues are with TV setup. Disable AFR, HDR and Dolby Vission as they are useless. A properly calibrated TV will show all the colours properly with optimal white and black levels.

As for DNR and image sharpnes. I have no reason to set any option on the box or tv. As far as I can tell it's not functional on this box. My TV has a lot of buzz word functions disabled. Most of all the features on a TV are just to sell a product. Talk with a real calibrator they will tell you disable, disable, disable!

We sit 2.3 meters (about 9 feet) from out 65" telly, and do not see any issues with DNR effecting our sharp picture. So if there is any DNR coming out of our box, its undetectable or not functional, like some of the Developer settings, one could change.

I use MX Player Pro with external codec for DTS features. Most all streaming programmespecially that I have come accross is 5.1 DTS at best. I don't pay much money to Netflix as it rarely is used. AMAZON prime video, SBS Ondemand the UK channels are my go to for entertainment.

Then again I use my Blu-ray player for my extensive collection for 7.1 and THX content.

As long as my 20 streaming apps all function this box, I am happy. Not one streaming box I owned could do that without hiccups and root a few tweaks.

Sounds like you should have bought a Shield TV.

Comment

I found it:

A95X F4 - это новая ТВ-приставка, работающая на новом процессоре Amlogic S905X4 и под управлением Android 10. Применение нового процессора S905X4 в первую очередь означает поддержку декодирования кодека AV1, который становится теперь обязательным для популярных потоковых сервисов. SoC AMlogic S905X4 - это четырехъядерный процессор, изготовленный по 12-нм техпроцессу, включающий ядра ARM Cortex-A55, которые достигают скорости

Comment

Just received an HK1 S905X4. Excited to test it out.
                              Last edited by tuttemedia; 02-10-2022, 15:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X