No announcement yet.

A95X F4 "AMLogic 905X4"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dept Jeach Hi there, yes, overheating is a problem with this box. A simple fix is to open the case and remove the LED display. Just three screw and unclip wire. This creates nice chimney for air circulation and will certainly help. I fitted some aluminium gauze after removing the LED for safety. This will of void your warranty though. This should lower temp by about 10 degrees. I also use a fan and my box now runs at 40 -50 degrees C

Comment

Adrian Johnson I just removed the LED display but the temperature is still the same. I will try to get a cooling fan as soon as possible.
      Thanks for your suggestion.

Comment

Originally posted by Adrian Johnson View Post
        Darrell Hi, don't know whether it helps but I have 'F Secure Freedome VPN' running fine on this box !!
        thanks, but after i posted i was able to get vpns to work on my box.. i had to mess with some settings and now vpns are working for me.

Comment

Dept Jeach this is one that I have bought from AliExpress https://www.aliexpress.com....USB Cooling Fan For TV Box Wireless Wifi Router Smart Set-Top Box Silent Quiet Cooler DC 5V USB Power 2500 RPM only

And Amazon has one with a shut off switch which I prefer https://www.amazon.com/AC Infinity you want the smaller one 3.2x3.2 size
          Last edited by Guest; 09-03-2021, 15:17. Reason: wrong one at Amazon to big

Comment

Guest Thanks But it is hard to find USB cooling fan in my local market. So, I'm thinking of having portable mini fan. I am not sure it is a good idea??.
            May be I should go and check local computer components store for old CPU fan.
            (The shipping fee for that cooling fan is more expensive than the item itself because of covid and military coup in my country)

Comment

Originally posted by Dept Jeach View Post
              Guest Thanks But it is hard to find USB cooling fan in my local market. So, I'm thinking of having portable mini fan. I am not sure it is a good idea??.
              May be I should go and check local computer components store for old CPU fan.
              (The shipping fee for that cooling fan is more expensive than the item itself because of covid and military coup in my country)
              i use a fan a fan with my box and everything is fine, i use a fan for pretty much anything that don't have a fan, this is the fan i use https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Comment

I made one cooling fan that I bought the from the local computer store, I wanted to show you but this site wont let me upload the photos..Look under H96 Pro Plus and other cool hardware mods, my post is #135,

but you can get some good ideas from looking thru that part of this forum...Good luck

Comment

Apparently android 11 is out. The store who sell this box to me has informed that. But when I try OTA update, there's no new update.

Comment

with "Android-10" this Box kinda having some issues!
                    hope new 11 is more stable/easy if its coming!

awaiting a new OTA update for this

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                      with "Android-10" this Box kinda having some issues!
                      hope new 11 is more stable/easy if its coming!

awaiting a new OTA update for this
                      Agree

Have been waiting for update since your Post # 158.....

The power down function issue
                      Especially the wifi issue/Enable wifi/Turn on wifi.../black screen

Then have to Hard Boot Box (unplug power supply)
                      For change in settings to take effect..

Same with Power down issue
                      And other issues

Totally unacceptable

Comment

freddy I had the same problem with the WiFi turn on and then black screen, the tech rep from AliExpress told me to do factory reset after the last OTA 2021-07-13 and that fixed the black screen problem.

Comment

I'v no any Internet connection issue such as with Ethernet or WiFi 5GHz&2.4GHz,even before updates or at present+

But sometimes device closed suddently! and do not re-start!
                          or sometimes device freezed! and remote does not react,so for re-start need unplug and plug again!
                          another issue(probably seems device over heated)device closed especially when watching some contents from "ext.HDD"!!

BTW Kodi 19.1 and all Addons,etc., work perfectly and until now I'hvnt any issue with Kodi use

note;VC-1 codec contents(720/1080 files fm ext.HDD)720 kinda OK but 1080 files suck! almost does not play well
                          stock Player,MXPlayer(Kodi much better and 1080 VC-1 OK with Kodi)

Lot of Apps.not worked well or semi-worked! or remote does not worked etc.,

I have never any of this issues with my ex Box A95X F3 Air(905X3)!!

so,probably I'll sale this Box in very soon and thinking to buy this new Ugoos(AM7-905X4)

Comment

I've just bought this box.
                            i also have an air mouse.Been trying to program the power key without success.
                            This is a similar mouse to mine https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ai...FfmlvpgVirCj4M
                            Has anyone managed to get one of these to power on/off their box ?

Comment

Originally posted by Androiduser2019 View Post
                              I've just bought this box.
                              i also have an air mouse.Been trying to program the power key without success.
                              This is a similar mouse to mine https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=ai...FfmlvpgVirCj4M
                              Has anyone managed to get one of these to power on/off their box ?
                              mine Airmouse is G10 and it does support such as On/Off or any other function power key when y pressed controller
                              BUT it does not support/work cold-start(y need device remote for this action!)
                              and also G10 remote does support/work on such as OFF function(when y pressed red Off button)but it does not
                              work to re-opening device!(need device remote too)

its weird but in the past I'v already used many Airmouses and no one was worked with full functionaly!
                              especially this On/Off/Standby functions

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post

mine Airmouse is G10 and it does support such as On/Off or any other function power key when y pressed controller
                                BUT it does not support/work cold-start(y need device remote for this action!)
                                and also G10 remote does support/work on such as OFF function(when y pressed red Off button)but it does not
                                work to re-opening device!(need device remote too)

its weird but in the past I'v already used many Airmouses and no one was worked with full functionaly!
                                especially this On/Off/Standby functions
                                The strange thing is this air mouse could operate power on/off with my previous device,which I think was an X96 max.
                                I think there was a setting that the A95X doesn't have.

Edit : just discovered the OK key turns the device on
                                Last edited by Androiduser2019; 09-24-2021, 15:56.

Comment

Working...
                                X