A95X F4 "AMLogic 905X4"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

seems that it wasnt an OTA upgrade process
    they just given the upgrade file and you will load to USB-stick and insert to device and follow the update instructions

note;check KM6 thread for this facility

Comment

"seems that it wasnt an OTA upgrade process
      they just given the upgrade file and you will load to USB-stick and insert to device and follow the update instructions"

OK thanks for the info. Basically it feels it is not a supported device with ota and proper fixes for firmware issues. The firmware (even android10) version seems quite old version android10 build and the security update version is very old)

Looking at other mecool device KM1, to gauge it seems those device have already been abandoned by them as the last firmware on their website update android 10 build number is from July 2020 (about 1 year ago) and the security update looks to be from 2019.

Think I will give mecool devices a big miss and stay with Nvidia, Xiaomi and firetvstick devices, all these devices are being properly supported by the name on the device with regular updates, and most importantly latest security updates in March 2021. (and they seem cheaper than mecool devices)

Youtuber review of these devices never seem to draw attention to the firmware build number and security update version/month/year, if they did it would make potential customers think twice about buying these boxes.
      Last edited by Guest; 06-01-2021, 07:38.

Comment

well,my experience for "A95X F3" Air model and I'v used this device about 16months and it takes 3 or 4 times OTA upgrade!

but we dont know about this new F4 where is it take any OTA upgrade?? probably I'll sale this too!

Andro-10/11 doesnt matter for me even 9 is fine for me,I just install a few Apks.that all
        but this new device seems kinda issues with some of Apk. unsupported/uncompatible etc.,

905x3 or 4 "Picture Quality" are same(G31) no any improvement,but F4 10% more fast&stable
        but with a lot of BUGs!!

++

Mecool;I do not like this brand and their devices even software et.,
        I got one(KM6 Deluxe) and sold after 3 days use!
        ++

"Shield" OK and do not compare this device with "others"!

even Xiaomi/FireTVStick are OK too(such as if you have subscribers of related programmes)
        well those are "trusted" manufacturers as well

++

"REVIEWS";Youtubers and other places etc., just ignore it almost all of them!
        its mostly ""marketing-tool"" stuffs!!

If you are looking something "trusted" reviews come to FREAKTAB Forum

Comment

Today tried couple of methods for latest upgrade flashing

1-with "AML Burning Tools"(many versions from old to new ones)
          2-with "Burn Card Maker"
          3-with RUFUS

tried with USB-stick(UDISK) and microSD Card

all attempted failed!
          and seems that this fuc.. device never connected/recognize any of them!
          WTF

++

And still no any proper info such as fm Sellers or Factories etc.,
          ya who is this damned manufacturer?? Videostrong or who?

Comment

Sorry to see you are having so many problems. Its just basically wasted money.

If I were you I would send the device back to the seller and issue a credit card block with the bank against the company.

Just look on videostrong website downloads. Full list of recent devices they manufacture firmware with no fixes for device problems with no support and never anymore updates.

Notice they also make the mecool km1 google certified androidtv device?????? It seems to have been abandoned in July 2020.

Inside videostong firmware there are some kdmc and entertainment media centre of theirs very old and cannot be updated and never receive updates and cannot be uninstalled.

Comment

BTW interesting happen that,for example their "A95X F3 Air" model Box where I'v used to about 16months and sold it
              so,this device received 3 or 4 times "OTA" upgrade!! and worked very stable&easy as well

This time whats happening I do not know

Beside this device in fact worked well too but lack of something or some of issues etc.,
              need urgently f/w upgrade

Lets awaiting Trebor's device
              might be he find some solutions or advise

I do not wanna to return again 905X3 devices!
              Therefore new RK3566 devices seems also some of issues too even "wasted money" too

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                ...but we dont know about this new F4 where is it take any OTA upgrade??
                Did they not push OTA firmware upgrade already, and what's wrong about it ?

Click image for larger version

Name:	a95xf4_OTA.jpg
Views:	1039
Size:	172.6 KB
ID:	824303

Comment

OK but who is the main manufacturer of this "A95X F4"???

Bang/Ali or Geek/Gear etc., they never give us any proper info for firmware or producers!

they just wanna to sell goods!

RESPECT first!

Comment

• trebor
                    trebor commented
                    Editing a comment
                    Remember they are sellers of product: not the maker
                    They can often only give what they get.

Nothing moves fast in the land of the great wall, one must be patient.

All good things come to those who wait, and it wont happen over night but it will happen, a few cliché

Originally posted by mAtvXk View Post
                  Did they not push OTA firmware upgrade already, and what's wrong about it ?

Click image for larger version  Name:	a95xf4_OTA.jpg Views:	0 Size:	172.6 KB ID:	824303
                  Which device is this one that receive this ota?

When did it arrive?

Comment

Originally posted by Comeandgetme View Post
                    Which device is this one that receive this ota?
                    Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                    Note;probably your device comes with F/W dated April20/2021 so,try it OnLine OTA update when you open your Box
                    because there is a new F/W dated April22/2021
                    For A95X F4 obviously, also .img firmware is available, but no one has tried it yet.
                    Last edited by Guest; 06-02-2021, 14:31.

Comment

check my post. #34

I'v "tried" but not success
                      all type of my attempt was failed wtf!

yes,there is a firmware but how we install/flash it???

Comment

#19 (mAtvXk)

for the .doc file pls use this one

Comment

Thanks to Geekbuying we can have a look at the
                          A95X F4 Android 10 Amlogic S905X4 4GB/32GB TV BOX 2.5G+5G WIFI Bluetooth 4.2 8K HDR

Flashy looking unit, literally with Flashing LEDS on the top
                          Clock in the Front and Shape and Colour a little different than the Black cubes we deal with often...
                          Easy setting to change backgrounds, and also setting to make the LEDS go from Wild to Not so Wild
                          Good to see a bit of difference.

Start up was easy, Connection to Wi-Fi easy.
                          Logged in Google added a few testers looking ok.

Also did a firmware update as per the New easy to Follow Instructions (English)
                          Install Application, add firmware, Press and hold reset button while Inserting USB, winner winner chicken souvlaki. Easy..

Box seems pretty zippy and appears to be Ok so far, and a clock on the front what more could you need or wan

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Lets have a look at the OS, Information and what we have:

We Mentioned previously about firmware update. Often new Boxes don't have there servers set up for OTA updates and can take a few .img Burns to set this in place:

Current .img update

A clean looking UI works OK

Option to Change Backgrounds:

App to change the LED display from Calm to not so Calm

Ram and Storage Truth

Sd Card Test:

CPU-Z

And a look at setings in no particular order, some will and wont:

Performs ok for what it has to offer, like all things new takes time and wont happen over night,

Again thanks to Geekbuying for sending:
                            A95X F4 Android 10 Amlogic S905X4 4GB/32GB TV BOX 2.5G+5G WIFI Bluetooth 4.2 8K HDR
                            Geekbuying

treboR
                            Please consider
                            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Now we can have a bit of a looksee at what we have and what's going on the Inside:

Again thanks to Geekbuying so we can have a look at:

Box:

What's in the Box

Ports and Vents sweet:

Off with the Base:

Off with the Top:

Close View of Top:

Underside

Wi-Fi Chip and Ram

And as Always some coupons from Geekbuying

4GB/128GB
                              $69.99 [€57.43] after coupon: 5AQYXTCV [CN Warehouse]
                              https://www.geekbuying.com/item/A95X-F4-Android-10-Amlogic-S905X4-4GB-128GB-TV-BOX-457385.html?utm_source=freaktab.com&utm_medium=ref erral&utm_campaign=elaine&utm_term=A95XF4

4GB/64GB
                              $59.99 [€49.22] after coupon: 5AQZ2RZD [CN Warehouse]
                              https://www.geekbuying.com/item/A95X-F4-Android-11-0-Amlogic-S905X4-4GB-64GB-TV-BOX-457384.html?utm_source=freaktab.com&utm_medium=ref erral&utm_campaign=elaine&utm_term=A95XF4

4GB/32GB
                              $56.99 [€46.76] after coupon: 5AQZ6MCM [CN Warehouse]
                              https://www.geekbuying.com/item/A95X-F4-Android-10-Amlogic-S905X4-4GB-32GB-TV-BOX-457383.html?utm_source=freaktab.com&utm_medium=ref erral&utm_campaign=elaine&utm_term=A95XF4

2GB/16GB
                              $48.99 [€40.20] after coupon: 5AQZA25N [CN Warehouse]
                              https://www.geekbuying.com/item/A95X-F4-Android-10-Amlogic-S905X4-2GB-16GB-TV-BOX-457382.html?utm_source=freaktab.com&utm_medium=ref erral&utm_campaign=elaine&utm_term=A95XF4
                              Last edited by trebor; 06-15-2021, 10:12.
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                              X