No announcement yet.

A95X F4 "AMLogic 905X4"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adrian Johnson The box still doesn't have root I checked yesterday, AIDA64 says the box is rooted but its not, also it says it doesn't support 5ghz WIFI and I cant get it to work properly on the 5GHz it fades in and out. I have 2 Rockspace AC1200 WIFI extenders in my place and the A95X F3 in the bedroom works great on the 5GHz, I think its about set up good as my A95X F3 now just using the 2.4 GHz.

Last edited by Guest; 06-23-2021, 17:28. Reason: removed filelinked because its been shut down..

Comment

WiFi 5Ghz does work and faster then LAN too!
      2.4Ghz just BAD!

My Internet 100Mb and got it full-band speed up to 100Mb with 5Ghz
      and with LAN get it 85Mb

And my previous A95X F3 also worked with 5Ghz full speed 100Mb too

Comment

bergamesk I was wrong, last night I was watching a movie and it was playing real good on the 5GHz So I thought it was on 2.4GHz...and I checked the WIFI again and mine is like yours the 5GHz is faster then the LAN...that seems real odd, but that's what it is.

Comment

keep in mind

if your modem/router is very close to your device and supported 5GHz then always prefer WiFi-5Ghz connection!

BUT if your mode/router far away fm yr device then you will lost some of speed as well(it depends on device WiFi-chipset quality+
          distance+walls,etc., so in this time pls try to connect with LAN
          and never try Wifi-2.4GHz!!

the first vital rule is "distance"! so,if possible try to placed your device very close to yr modem/router!

++
          In KODI use(for movies)

Sometimes,my 100MB internet does not give me enough speed/power etc., its weird but mostly scene freeze up or stuck!!
          even I use Premium RealDebrid and AllDebrid accounts especially if the "file size" of movie exceed 60/80GB
          but if file size between 40/50GB is O.K

note;with 2.4 or LAN above movies sucks! does not play it all

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
            keep in mind

if your modem/router is very close to your device and supported 5GHz then always prefer WiFi-5Ghz connection!

BUT if your mode/router far away fm yr device then you will lost some of speed as well(it depends on device WiFi-chipset quality+
            distance+walls,etc., so in this time pls try to connect with LAN
            and never try Wifi-2.4GHz!!

the first vital rule is "distance"! so,if possible try to placed your device very close to yr modem/router!

++
            In KODI use(for movies)

Sometimes,my 100MB internet does not give me enough speed/power etc., its weird but mostly scene freeze up or stuck!!
            even I use Premium RealDebrid and AllDebrid accounts especially if the "file size" of movie exceed 60/80GB
            but if file size between 40/50GB is O.K

note;with 2.4 or LAN above movies sucks! does not play it all
            I have this box and at the moment it has a lot of problems.

I tried to make updates but it tells me that I already have the latest Firmware, yet it dates from 04/22/2021.

The temperature rises to 88 ° C is way too huge.

I'm having FrameSkip issues on videos with Kodi.

Wifi only works nearby, if we move away a little bit, I no longer have a connection.

There are a lot of bugs.

Bad TV box for now.

Do you have similar problems?

Comment

Yes I have and have to think others have some of the same problems, today i had the ethernet cable connected for a while so I unplugged it clicked on the setting tad and the screen goes to black, press home button that comes back, click settings tab screen goes to black...I have to unplug it start over to get into the settings.....This box is not at all worth anyone buying...

The OTA last update was 2021-06-16-115944

Comment

yougz

-"problems" all Boxes has a lot of problems too! so,ignore this happens

-Updates;
                first with run stock f/w of dated 20/4(mine is came with this date,but yours if arrived later/new shipment date so this time you have it might be 22/4

second update(by f/w update with "PC" base) on dated 26/4

and last updates by "OTA" was dated 18/5 and 16/6

so you should to be read on your device>>>> 20210616.115944

-Go to "Wireless update" section;click it and open;"System Update" and wait couple of minutes!
                might be your device does not connected to A95X Server system! or it does connect within minutes

first of all wait some time and if its not help you,OFF the Box fm power-outlet and wait couple of minutes
                re-plug device power cable and wait device will be opened and do not touch any of button on your remote controller
                and wait again couple of minutes;probably this time your Box to be connected to the SERVER(A95X server)

--seems your device something weird,I do not know whats happening,every Box such a another shitty story!

Note;make sure,connect your Box to the internet by WiFi 5Ghz!!! not ""LAN""
                if your Modem/Router does not support 5GHz than you should be connected internet by 2.4GHz

Ethernet-LAN connection does not help you!!!

++

"Device Heat issue";first of all get OFF those RGB-LEDs! go to "Color LED Settings" and get OFF;Work/Video/Music
                so,this happen will reduce your temp

or open upper cover of the Box and remove RGB-LED power-cable fm the main board!

note;my enviromental place/room very hot right now and daily weather-temp is 40C and still I do not use any FAN or A/C !!
                my room temp right now about 26-28C this box in fact not too hot working condition but you should be OFF RGB-LEDs as well

++

"Frame skip" with KODI;I have not any of skip/free etc., issue when using KODI(19.1) with my connected ext.HDD(1Tb)
                so,pls give us some detailed infos such as what kind of or from which sources etc., you were issued this happen??

note;but "VC-1"(1080p/60fps) does not support or compatible even KODI and MXPlayer or default Media Player too!!
                but some of VC-1 files play fine!(due to diffrent versions)

++

For WiFi; select 5GHz(if you Modem does support)otherwise with 2.4GHz that means you should be get some connection speed issues!
                2.4GHz with this device very BAD
                or prefer LAN connection

and for 5GHz connection you should be placed your device very close to the modem!! such as mine 90cm away!
                if I placed another room or far away fm the device then speed issues occured

note;Modem/Router Quality another matter!

++++

At present my main problem is;Android-10 compatible issues with some of Apk.!!

Android TV BOX=BUGs/Issues etc., !!

++
                mine Screen-saver does not work properly!
                no any "Photo Gallery" apk.(default) and I use my Apk. for this but some of functions does not work by Remote even Air-mouse!!
                Remote is just "BAD" and I use with Air-mouse but it does not help me fully functional!
                G.PlayStore sometimes does not updated some of Apk.s or does not connected to the Server!

and many other issues too

+++

Note;new RK3566 Boxes more shitty bugy etc.,!!

Comment

Originally posted by bergamesk View Post
                  yougz

-"problems" all Boxes has a lot of problems too! so,ignore this happens

-Updates;
                  first with run stock f/w of dated 20/4(mine is came with this date,but yours if arrived later/new shipment date so this time you have it might be 22/4

second update(by f/w update with "PC" base) on dated 26/4

and last updates by "OTA" was dated 18/5 and 16/6

so you should to be read on your device>>>> 20210616.115944

-Go to "Wireless update" section;click it and open;"System Update" and wait couple of minutes!
                  might be your device does not connected to A95X Server system! or it does connect within minutes

first of all wait some time and if its not help you,OFF the Box fm power-outlet and wait couple of minutes
                  re-plug device power cable and wait device will be opened and do not touch any of button on your remote controller
                  and wait again couple of minutes;probably this time your Box to be connected to the SERVER(A95X server)

--seems your device something weird,I do not know whats happening,every Box such a another shitty story!

Note;make sure,connect your Box to the internet by WiFi 5Ghz!!! not ""LAN""
                  if your Modem/Router does not support 5GHz than you should be connected internet by 2.4GHz

Ethernet-LAN connection does not help you!!!

++

"Device Heat issue";first of all get OFF those RGB-LEDs! go to "Color LED Settings" and get OFF;Work/Video/Music
                  so,this happen will reduce your temp

or open upper cover of the Box and remove RGB-LED power-cable fm the main board!

note;my enviromental place/room very hot right now and daily weather-temp is 40C and still I do not use any FAN or A/C !!
                  my room temp right now about 26-28C this box in fact not too hot working condition but you should be OFF RGB-LEDs as well

++

"Frame skip" with KODI;I have not any of skip/free etc., issue when using KODI(19.1) with my connected ext.HDD(1Tb)
                  so,pls give us some detailed infos such as what kind of or from which sources etc., you were issued this happen??

note;but "VC-1"(1080p/60fps) does not support or compatible even KODI and MXPlayer or default Media Player too!!
                  but some of VC-1 files play fine!(due to diffrent versions)

++

For WiFi; select 5GHz(if you Modem does support)otherwise with 2.4GHz that means you should be get some connection speed issues!
                  2.4GHz with this device very BAD
                  or prefer LAN connection

and for 5GHz connection you should be placed your device very close to the modem!! such as mine 90cm away!
                  if I placed another room or far away fm the device then speed issues occured

note;Modem/Router Quality another matter!

++++

At present my main problem is;Android-10 compatible issues with some of Apk.!!

Android TV BOX=BUGs/Issues etc., !!

++
                  mine Screen-saver does not work properly!
                  no any "Photo Gallery" apk.(default) and I use my Apk. for this but some of functions does not work by Remote even Air-mouse!!
                  Remote is just "BAD" and I use with Air-mouse but it does not help me fully functional!
                  G.PlayStore sometimes does not updated some of Apk.s or does not connected to the Server!

and many other issues too

+++

Note;new RK3566 Boxes more shitty bugy etc.,!!

The current version is exactly: ohm-10-eng.a_Bin.20210422.114147

I try to click on the update application then on Online update, I have a "detection" message which appears for 3 seconds then I have a message telling me that I already have the latest version.

I try going through the parameters then "preferences relating to the device" then "about" then "wireless update", I have a "detection" message which appears for 3 seconds then I have a message m 'indicating that I already have the latest version.

I tried with an Ethernet cable and in WiFi 5 and 2 GHz it does not change.

WiFi is very short range. If I am not in the same room and very close to my WiFi box, it does not work. I've had other "low-end" Android boxes that didn't have this problem, even the A95X F3.

I turned off the LEDs as you advised me and it still rises to 90 ° C whereas normally the operating temperature on this type of box is 60-70 ° C.

The frame jumps and freezes I have with Kodi are for AV1 files (1080p, 4K or 8K) which are normally supported with the S905X4 SoC. For the others it is correct. I specify that I installed a clean version of Kodi from the store.

Does the A95X brand have a site? An assistance ?

Comment

yougz Do manual update via PC, check history in this thread
                    Android devices: Minix X7 (gone) , Minix X8-H , MK808b Plus
                    Video Out: Benq W1000+ 1080p Projector
                    Audio Out: HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467B + 5.1 Yamaha Speakers
                    Remote: Rikomagic MK702 II, Minix NEO M1
                    Storage: NAS Zyxel NSA325v2

Comment

yougz

-after all your some of explanations seems that your Box kinda not in good/proper or healthy condition
                      even your Box out of order too

>is it possible to send back or refund or any of more suitable solution or did you contacted your Seller?
                      and from where you bought this Box?

-I'v had A95X3 F3 Air(used about 16months) more stable and OTA upgrades worked perfect etc.,
                      also WiFi-chipset more precise&faster&stable then this new one(905X4)

so,from here we cant do it more

-BUT we got 3 OTA updates plus 1 PC update=total 4 updates,there is "nothing" to change!!!
                      even I'v still some Android-10 BUGs and device lack of functions!

I'v in my home 3 TVs and 1 Box,but willing to add more Boxes,but I'm afraid,RK3566 not stable even more problems!
                      no more 905X4 Boxes in the market(MeCool KM6 even the same and I bought and sale it after 3 days)

now I'll buy 2 more Box and cant decided which one! all of sucks

+++

For KODI player,well I personally prefere "MXPlayer PRO" which is come to me more stable&powerful
                      I only like KODI's "Audio" performance and if I use KODI addons for movies&series the I prefere for media player
                      MXPlayer too

Note;pls do not consider&compare "8K" scenes! 8K/23-24-25 fps "might" be OK! but lack of 30 and especially 60fps!!
                      even might be 30fps are OK but which sources and from which panel you will watch this! or what type PC+GCard etc.,
                      to play this scenes???
                      Or do you have Samsung 9x series 8K panel???

And keep in mind 8K/60fps not supported by Boxes even 30fps might be 23/24/25 are OK and if you have "real" 8K panel
                      then you can enjoy this "8K" table!

We need stable/powerful 1080p/2160p 8-bit 4/4/4-4/2/2 pictures against our Panels and Boxes
                      everybody talking 8K 8K 8K...... but where is the real one devices/systems??

++

I do not know any "A95" site/forum or is there??
                      as I know that this brand main manufacturer is "VONTAR" but I do not sure for this and might be trebor knows as who is the main
                      A95X manufacturer??

Comment

yougz if you have a VPN turn it off, I know that the OTA wont work with a VPN turned on. Also do the factory reset and try again, it just might work.

Comment

trebor I noticed in a photo of the USB Amlogic burn tool its 3.1.6 version how is that? when I only see version 3.1.0 Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture26.PNG
Views:	783
Size:	213.4 KB
ID:	824767

Comment

• trebor
                            trebor commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Not sure why, I used the one from Geekbuying,

Two updates interesting

treboR
                          Please consider
                          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Has anyone successfully installed the Firmware present on the Geekbuying blog using the USB Burning Tool? In what way?

Comment

YES it works

English Instructions included
                              Supplied by Geekbuying: Similar to previous with some English Instructions Glad to share the firmware for A95X F4 Android 10 Amlogic S905X4 TV BOX (https://www.geekbuying.com/item/A95X-F4-Android-10-Amlogic-S905X4-4GB-64GB-TV-BOX-457384.html?utm_source=freaktab.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=elaine&utm_term=A

treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Working...
                              X