X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X96 X4 bricked

Hello everyone,
    I have recently bought this tv box.

Another Android TV Box powered by Amlogic S905X4 SoC (with 4K AV1 decoding). This time from the X96 brand called X96 X4. X96 X4 TV Box features and

It was working for two days. While i was installing some Kodi addons, it suddenly crashed and it is stuck on the logo on the tv display.
    I have tried countless times to reset it in with a toothpick on the headphone jack, but nothing at all happens.

I saw a video tutorial using the Amlogic usb tool in order to hard reset it and install the firmware, but i cannot fi d a firmware for this device.

I have filed a dispute through PayPal and still waiting the verdict, but if you know any solution, i would be grateful.

I see that you have uploaded a firmware for the same chipset, but a diffefent model (a95 fx). Would it be ok if i go with this one, or would i make it worse?

​​​​​

Originally posted by Tommygr View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I have recently bought this tv box.

Another Android TV Box powered by Amlogic S905X4 SoC (with 4K AV1 decoding). This time from the X96 brand called X96 X4. X96 X4 TV Box features and

It was working for two days. While i was installing some Kodi addons, it suddenly crashed and it is stuck on the logo on the tv display.
    I have tried countless times to reset it in with a toothpick on the headphone jack, but nothing at all happens.

I saw a video tutorial using the Amlogic usb tool in order to hard reset it and install the firmware, but i cannot fi d a firmware for this device.

I have filed a dispute through PayPal and still waiting the verdict, but if you know any solution, i would be grateful.

I see that you have uploaded a firmware for the same chipset, but a diffefent model (a95 fx). Would it be ok if i go with this one, or would i make it worse?

​​​​​
    You can go into the recovery, if it is possible of course. Then, in the recovery, make a reset and maybe after that the tv box will start.

Comment

https://androidmtk.com/download-amlo...b-burning-tool
      Where do i find this reset option?

Comment

Originally posted by Tommygr View Post
        I didn’t write to you about UBT. You just go to the box in your recovery. And if you manage to enter the recovery, then there are items wipe cache and wipe data. It looks like you should read more about the recovery on the tv box.

Comment

I said on the original post that i cannot enter the recovery with thw toothpick...

Comment

X96x4 Pro Lan 1000 mb
            X96x4 Pro1 Lan 100 mb

Comment

I had almost the same problem with my X96 X4 ... I had mine for a bunch of months and one day it just started a boot loop starts X96 X4 start screen then goes off and starts it all over again. I got into the recovery and did the factory reset, wipes the data sets back to factory setting, and it done nothing for it. I even re flashed it from here... https://romprovider.com/x96-x4-tv-bo...re-flash-file/ and it succeeded the flash but didn't take it out of the boot up loop.

So I have no idea how to make this thing work and if it's even possible to get it out of the boot loop.

for some reason the (upload from URL) thing on the bottom never works for me.

Comment

Thank you very much, i will try this rom. The thing with me is that it is not bootlooping but only stuck on the logo, ehile the tvbox display the boot message.
                Hope it works. I will get back as soon as i buy a udb to usb cable

Comment

Will this ROM will work with A95X4 ?

Comment

This ROM is for the X96 X4.... not the A95x F4

Comment

There are 2 revisions X96 X4
                      Pro - 1000 Mb Lan port - firmware X96_X4_Pro_20210804-1701
                      Pro1 - 100 Mb Lan port - firmware X96_X4_Pro1_20210828-1628 new X96_X4_Pro1_20211027-2020.img

Last edited by grayman; 12-01-2021, 06:29.

Comment

Yes, the one feom romprovider does not work. It is stuck on 3% with boot error message on amlogic burning tool.

Where can i find the 1000 Mb Lan port - firmware X96_X4_Pro_20210804-1701?

I found it here
                        Облако Mail.ru - это ваше персональное надёжное хранилище в интернете.

I will test with this also and hopefully it works.

Comment

which f/w does it work properly for "100MB_LAN" version? 1701 or 1628 ??

Comment

Ι don't know αδελφε. All the firmwares i tried fail. The 701 stops at 10%.Probably the device is faulty and i have to open it and soldier the chips as i read in other threads.

The good thing is i bought through Paypal and they will cover me for the shipping cost from Greece to Bangood, as also the xost of the device, since it worked only one day.

I just ordered this one now.
                            China-1 Stock | Buy H96 MAX RK3566 Android 11 RK3566 8GB/64GB TV BOX 1.8GHz 2.4G+5G WIFI Gigabit LAN Voice Remote online at unbeatable prices. ✓Free Shipping ✓Limited Time Sale ✓Local Warehouses.

70€ with a coupon from Czech warehouse.
                            Hopefully it will be working better.

Comment

Kalimera adelphi

-and finally Banggood accepted my requets and they have done "full refund" and transfered my money to my account!
                              -by the way this "scata" briked box goes on "TRASH" hahhaaaa yes I was dropped this box in garbage!

and this case is over
                              ++

Pls be noted never buy any TV-Box with RK3566 !!!
                              in fact all of them produced same "one factory"! and all is full of BUGs even software/hardware issues etc.,

its loose of money&time

Xeretes

++

I'm not sure for your new Box again with RK3566
                              so I do not recom.you any of RK3566 right now

Comment

Working...
                              X