Android 10 fixes with non root boxes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Android 10 fixes with non root boxes

Since some boxes dont come pre rooted, this is my list of fixes to make your box play nicely.

Google screwed the pooch with set default apps in Android 10. To fix the lack of Youtube and other apps from launching from links in phone browsers. You can use use Open Link in App, within Google play store. It's not perfect, since you cannot enforce default when selecting set as defualt. Google busted that, if you already have 10 on another device, this should not be any new news for you.

As for screen resize, especially needed on 1080p displays, you can use Remote ADB to connect to the box and run WM Density 300. The app must be installed on both devices to connect and on the same network. I have no clear way to close out of the app outside of killing it in Application Manager. Though you can reboot and start clean. The adjustment is instantaneous. 300 seems to make the overall display nicer with content. Though many apps use a mix of small fonts, which a smaller density may make them very difficult to read when at a distance from your display.

The sideload launcher is too limited, so I recommend installing TVLauncher. It's not perfect but it is customizable and has a wee bug that may pop up with loss of dpad control. Fly mouse still functions, and the home button with all other buttons function. To remedy just pop in and out of home screen. I made a shortcut on the launcher to run TVLauncher, so it's a matter of a few button clicks. Some apps may pop you back into dpad control once launched with fly mouse.

To obtain any Google Play and other site's app for side load, you can use any broweer and launch this link. https://apkcombo.com/apk-downloader/

Copy the app link you obtain from the browser when seaching, and copy just the app name and paste into the download search box. Be sure to select each condition before searching for the app to download. Always use the api for your box, not the app starting api.

I use Aurora to find latest apps, for both spoofed phone and TV versions. The download site is where I obtain my apps.

I just got this box, so until I find any other fixes as I need them, expect random additional entries as time moves along.

I may add some sort of Bluetooth control, it seems the box has no Bluetooth options.

on a side note... only two codecs have issues. H263 and H264 (10bit) which are rarely used now these days. Not sure if MX. Player Pro has a bug but AV1 codes will hang until time out when advance skip to the end is performed. The box will reset the blank display after a minute or so.

for the most part, ADB commands can fix wee issues to one's needs, but remember you will not have root access, so not all commands will function as expected.

Spam?

Comment

Working...
    X