Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LATEST SOFTWARE you can add shortcuts, and with nagivation bar:
    ACEMAX X96S 4G 32G VERSION SW

20190510 with task bar (IMG, with USB Burning tool methord)

default software (no task bar)
    MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

20190510 TF CARD WAY (with task bar)

Comment

Hı guus
      I have a problem. My device goes black screen when first hit stand-by button. Logo show up but after that some tiny stars with black screen appears. Any idea what happened. Please help me

Comment

Hı guys I have a problem. My device goes black screen when first hit stand-by button. Logo show up but after that some tiny stars with black screen appears. Any idea what happened. Please help me

Comment

When I TRY to open stick it says your android system is corrupted. So I push the hard reset button. But nothing change still same situation...

SM-G925F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak g?nderildi

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190717_142828.jpg
Views:	2711
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	778777hello, need a easy guide to backup entire firmware

mine comes with android 9 pie, to update my another x96s and share to forum

Comment

Originally posted by 123456789 View Post
              Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190717_142828.jpg
Views:	2711
Size:	114.9 KB
ID:	778777hello, need a easy guide to backup entire firmware

mine comes with android 9 pie, to update my another x96s and share to forum
              If no temporary twrp loaded and operated from sdcard wont work, then look at XDA-developers for guide, tv box/stick android is just like phone AOSP, so look for guide using Unix commands to copy partitions to internal storage or through ADB, example:
              [ dd if=/dev/bootloader of=/sdcard/bootloader.img ] a guide would have commands like that to fully back up firmware through Terminal CMDline either internally or over ADB.

Cheers

Comment

firmware dump will be difficult for me, forget sorry

btw, I think they have two hardware versions x96s_v311 (p281 board) and x96s_311_P (faraday board) maybe firmware are not compatible

both have the same bug, when I switch from language to Portuguese ... every time I press the mouse function keyboard appears

Sorry for my english

Comment

Originally posted by 123456789 View Post
                  firmware dump will be difficult for me, forget sorry

btw, I think they have two hardware versions x96s_v311 (p281 board) and x96s_311_P (faraday board) maybe firmware are not compatible
                  "Faraday" is just code name for the S905Y2 devices, Amlogic is now giving codenames for its CPU chips like Google does for its different phones. "Franklin" is codename for the S905x2. Somebody probably made a mistake naming device "p281" before codenames became official several months ago, only difference will be one board has Oreo and new board has PIE and correct naming scheme.

both have the same bug, when I switch from language to Portuguese ... every time I press the mouse function keyboard appears
                  Sorry for my english
                  Is that with the stock remote? Or extra air-mouse? Possible you have to change or block "soft-keyboard" key call in one the keylayout files in /system/user/ or maybe in settings of keyboard you can turn of onscreen keyboard.

Comment

Hi,
                    I have updated the software to X96S V311 P 201907161948 using OTA. However, this software doesn't have navigation bar. May I know if one with navigation bar is available?
                    thank you

Comment

Anybody have a link to 2gb version firmware ideally with pie but anything will do since trying to install super su bootlooped the device.

Comment

Also anyone be know how I change my be user name?

Comment

Originally posted by [email protected] View Post
                          Anybody have a link to 2gb version firmware ideally with pie but anything will do since trying to install super su bootlooped the device.
                          Official website save to bookmarks:
                          X96S X96 MAX TX5 MAX ACEMAX M12N K1 PLUS S2 T2 KIII KII M8S+ IPTV 18 PRO,M8, M8N M8S M12 M10 Upgrading Software Download

9.0 Android Firmware 2GB/16GB device only:
                          百度网盘为您提供文件的网络备份、同步和分享服务。空间大、速度快、安全稳固,支持教育网加速,支持手机端。注册使用百度网盘即可享受免费存储空间

Unlock CODE : u9h9

Don't know if the 20190510 version is formatted for both Ram version of the device, but that version does have a SDcard install-able Zip file, see the main site if you want to try and see if that works for you.

*Side note about SU: SuperSu "Binary"can not be updated within the App on these newer versions of Android. But if the TVbox has SuperSu binaries like the old version of 2.79 controlling Su, then you can install the 2.82 straight from Google Play and control the Apps' Superuser authorization, the WARNING with installing the Su App is that you must enable the "Security Setting" inside SuperSu of "Allow Su during boot" ~ because by default it is not Checked which will cause a Bootloop when you Reboot, because the System+Data can't access Su processes to boot because the app is blocking it.

Comment

TWRP-3.2.3.1Recovery for X96S_S905y2 (hack)

Why labeled "hack" ? Because not complied from source code and didn't even bother patching the kernel to match the u221(faraday) S905y2 hardware. All I did was unpack original TWRP made for an S905x2 device with Oreo 8.1 and edited the prop so it would match the current X96S firmware builds with 9 Pie and correct labeling of faraday in the props.

Tested and working to flash zips and make
                            full TWRP backup. Tested and does restore the backup.

TWRP-3.2.3.1 originally Made by Magendanz dated 20190102 and shared here
                            https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...943#post758943
                            - post #1518.1
                            Android 8.1 version for u211 boards here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AoqocX31ecnXgbIdSaKxLK3e-SPboA

[HowTo] Install TWRP:
                            1.) Download file twrp.7z from MEGA cloud storage:2.) Extract the image file twrp.img and save to internal storage of your device /sdcard
                            3.) Download the Amlogic Flasher app by By Ricky Divjakovski , can find here on FreakTab or at XDA-Developers.com here:4.) Install the app in your device.
                            5.) Amlogic Flasher is so easy to use, you have 3 options, start at top and go down selection first, second, third
                            6.) Now you will reboot into TWRP

- Device tested has the Pie firmware 20190716.

***Note: originally just removed the recovery.img from Magendanz zip file and flashed the unmodified image with TWRP.apk and rebooted into TWRP to see if the original file would load and it did, so this modded TWRP should also work for those X96S devices that are still on Oreo or have the incorrect prop naming their device p281 instead of faraday.

[BUGS] Observed :
                            1.) On multiple times of entering TWRP, if you open Terminal immediately the CMDline says there is a symlink error connecting to '/system/etc/ld.config.txt' which technically doesn't exist, there is a file named ld.config.28.txt which duplicated and renamed without the 28 and installed into '/system/etc/' with chmod 644. Error doesn't happen all the time, seems like every other time I booted to recovery.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you want or plan to flash back the stock recovery. Install the Official TWRP app and make a Backup of the stock recovery.img and save to USB or Micro SDcard before ever installing this TWRP.img

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:
                            - TWRP is not permanently installed, so just keep the twrp.img in you internal storage, when you need to access it reflash with the Flasher app.

Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 09-05-2019, 18:58. Reason: update comments

Comment

Hey,how do you get into this picture?

Comment

Originally posted by kkly View Post
                                Hey,how do you get into this picture?
                                That is the "ES-File Explorer Pro" app added to device by user and not preinstalled inside your device, you can download it from the internet, just search for it with Google, note the ES-File family of apps got removed for the Google Store because of Ad-Fraud, but I still use the App with an Ad-Blocker anyways.

Comment

Working...
                                X