Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[New Product] AirTV Mini dongle with AMLogic S905Y2, Certified AndroidTV, Netflix, Prime Video, 4K YouTube, and SlingTV skin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[New Product] AirTV Mini dongle with AMLogic S905Y2, Certified AndroidTV, Netflix, Prime Video, 4K YouTube, and SlingTV skin

Found Something Interesting....

A new device made to Google's specification for their new "Operator Tier" class of devices, which is to help grow the AndroidTV platform, Google did all the leg work picking SoC vendors and OEM manufactures to introduce a spec build that Content Vendors can purchase, customize, and release products in new markets in short time frames with fully Google' certified devices. Kind of reminds me of Nexus phones, Google spec'd those devices then shopped around for OEM's to build it, this time they had the device built and are pushing platforms like SlingTV to purchase, customize, and distribute with AndroidTV. Sidenote, TiVo is suppose to release a $50 tv dongle next year and it reportedly is this exact same device with the exception of TiVo branding, software, and unique remote.

News report:
    https://www.fiercevideo.com/tech/goo...-for-operators

Info from official website:

Buy an AirTV Mini $79.99 (only for U.S. customers)

AirTV Mini lets you add Sling to any TV in your home. Stream your favorite content and streaming services all in one place wherever you are.

Want free TV?

Simply add an AirTV to a Mini and get local channels on any connected TV and enjoy sports, news and major events without monthly fees.
    Built for Sling: Enjoy Sling on any connected device.
    4K Capable: Take advantage of your 4K TV with AirTV Mini.
    Google Play: Enjoy access to thousands of apps like Netflix, YouTube and more
    Local Channels: Connect an AirTV and an HD antenna to access local channels on any TV. *AirTV required

FREE Shipping​​
    30-day money back guarantee
    1 year parts warranty

Hardware
    • Connectivity 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac 2.4G/5G 2T2R Wi-Fi
    • Memory 2GB DDR4 RAM and 8GB eMMC Flash
    • Graphics ARM Mali-G31 MP2 GPU
    • Power DC Power Adapter 5V/1.0A
    • Video Resolution 480i/p, 576i/p, 720p, 1080i/p and 4Kx2K
    Connections
    • HDMI HDMI CEC
    • Power DC Power Adapter 5V/1.0
    Software
    • Digital Assistant Built-in Google Assistant
    • Wireless Video Chromecast Built-in
    • Video Compression HDMI CEC, MPEG2/MPEG-4 H.264/AVC, H.265/HEVC 4K UHD video decoding
    • Bluetooth Yes Bluetooth 4.2
    • WiFi Support 802.11 b/g/n/a/ac 2.4G/5G 2T2R Wi-Fi
    What you'll need to be able to use device:
    • Broadband Internet access with WiFi for streaming
    • HDMI-enabled TV
    ***Promo Alert: Receive a $25 credit toward a Sling™ subscription with the purchase of an AirTV. Offer can be used with new or an existing subscription. Expires 12/31/20.

Review Video:

Official Website for Purchase:
    AirTV Mini connects a single antenna with your home WiFi network to seamlessly stream local channels in HD throughout your house, and even outside the home.

Amazon:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07W94Z2PS/?coliid=I16SDWKRV9P42R&colid=2SEHF9WQVO39G &amp ;psc=1&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

Dish AirTV Mini

SPECIFICATIONS from AndroidTV Guide blog:
    *Data based on third party sources (official brands websites, certification websites, articles, etc)
    Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 10-16-2019, 15:18. Reason: typo

If you can disable the SlingTV skin start-up this would be a definite MiBox replacement. The price is a little high, but you do get official AndroidTV with widevine L1 an all the certificates and licenses to use with Paid App services.

Comment

UPDATE:

You can get this device FREE (Limited-time offer) when you purchase 2 months of the Sling TV service (about $25 per month), this offer is only for new customers and only 1 per customer.I did order 2 months of Sling service (paid $50) to get this AirTV-mini device for FREE for a relative and did some quick testing before I gifted the device to them. This device can be used as a AndroidTV OS device to make a Dumb-TV a SmartTV without having to continue with the Sling TV service, but it must be have a free Sling account made to access the device because on start-up the device will always boot to the Sling App, and of course you need a Google account to download Apps from the Play store. Tested Netflix, Amazon, and the AndroidTV OS software and I have to say that the OS ran very well and felt polished over standard Android STB devices. Just tested general usage of the device, I didn't have time to run all the benchmarks, and/or to really push the device hard. Overall, in my opinion, this device is well suited for a secondary TV in your home, I felt that this dongle device's build quality was superb, I would rate it equal to an Amazon Firestick 4k with more user friendly AndroidTV OS to be easily used with your favorite Android Apps. The thing that stood out the most to me was how great the remote was, a Bluetooth remote that is very responsive and easy to use, with the feel of the buttons and there placement quick and easy to learn.

Comment

can I download the firmware of this device somewhere?

Comment

if,I said if someone can dig into it,somehow duplicate the netflix certificate into other Amlogic devices,S905Y2,S905x2,S905x3,S922...

Comment

Working...
          X