Launcher Issue after OTA update of X96S

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Launcher Issue after OTA update of X96S

I updated the X96S stick to V311_P_20200611-1821 by OTA today, and after reboot the stick comes with the ugly pendoolauncher.
    The stick has been running the leanback launcher (maybe a mod one, I don’t know) until this update.
    Is it possible to get the leanback launcher back?

Originally posted by wongtimothy View Post
    ...Is it possible to get the leanback launcher back?
    This is simple ATV9 firmware based on latest stock firmware X96S_V311_P_20191021-2013, it start without Google account. Features: support start scripts located at /etc/init.d/ root and SuperSU patched user anpaza (4PDA) AFRD build.prop tweaks AppDrawer and some apps on main screen picture optimization double home click

Comment

I updated the X96S stick to V311_P_20200611-1821 by OTA today, and after reboot the stick comes with the ugly pendoolauncher.
      The stick has been running the leanback launcher (maybe a mod one, I don’t know) until this update.
      Hi ,

you can install it from Playstore , no Problem , if you have root you can use a SystemMoverApp

to move the installed new Launcher to System , after reboot , you can delete the old one from System ,

after that , wipe cache & dalvik ( App clear cache) from Store , after it , reboot , so all is clean ,

it must work , good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

you can install it from Playstore , no Problem , if you have root you can use a SystemMoverApp

to move the installed new Launcher to System , after reboot , you can delete the old one from System ,

after that , wipe cache & dalvik ( App clear cache) from Store , after it , reboot , so all is clean ,

i don’t think this works. I can’t even search the leanback launcher in playstore since the launcher is not developed for x96s.

Comment

i don’t think this works. I can’t even search the leanback launcher in playstore since the launcher is not developed for x96s.
          Hi ,

you can try the Lawnchair Launcher think they are similar , not really sure , but if you want to change the

stock Launcher with another this is the Way , if you have "root" , what about APKPure or Aptoide sure you

can find it there , this is my stock Way to change the SystemLauncher on Roms , it always worked ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Hello, I am reading this and want to believe it, you had a OTA update to X96S stick to 20200611-1821 ?....but they didn't do anything to that horrible launcher?.....I changed mine to Lekha7777s rom
            it has the leanback launcher just like the Nvidia Shields, works really good.I was sure that stick would not get another update.

Comment

Originally posted by masher17 View Post

Hello, I am reading this and want to believe it, you had a OTA update to X96S stick to 20200611-1821 ?....but they didn't do anything to that horrible launcher?.....I changed mine to Lekha7777s rom
              it has the leanback launcher just like the Nvidia Shields, works really good.I was sure that stick would not get another update.
              Yeah I have bought it for more than half a year before this update, and it was running a mod leanback launcher just like some review videos for X96S.
              However it becomes the ugly pendoo launcher after the update and I don’t know how to return back to the previous version because i cannot find that rom anymore. And i am afraid of bricking it so i don’t want to change to Lekha7777s rom right now.

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

It cannot enter the system now after i moved the launcher to system and reboot.
                Is it bricked?

Comment

It cannot enter the system now after i moved the launcher to system and reboot.
                  Is it bricked?
                  Hi ,

not sure what happend , what do you mean , can not reach System ??? , does the Box boot ???

can you use Android ??? , maybe you must flash new , but it is not bricked , next Time only install

the new Launcher , strange ,

greetings / gefattern

Comment

Working...
                  X