Mecool KD1 Stick with Android TV OS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mecool KD1 Stick with Android TV OS

This is one of Mecool's newer Android devices, and is Google Certified. It is using the Amlogic S905Y2. Here is my review of this stick.

This is a sub $50 USD Android TV stick from Mecool....Mecool has added the automatic frame rate switching globally to all their devices, which is a ground br...
    MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Can I burn mecool kd1 rom on X96s stick? this is the same cpu and gpu do you think it will be possible or this will be brake the device? I have 32gb verison. and if the wide level 1 will be on X96s if I succeed to install ?

Comment

Originally posted by almog250 View Post
      Can I burn mecool kd1 rom on X96s stick? this is the same cpu and gpu do you think it will be possible or this will be brake the device? I have 32gb verison. and if the wide level 1 will be on X96s if I succeed to install ?
      I don't have a ROM for this device, yet........... Mecool has not provided one.
      MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

I see thank you. I think this device not worth anything without widene L1

Comment

I see thank you. I think this device not worth anything without widene L1
          It has Google Widevine level 1, just not Netflix certified........ So, it supports most other streaming app, just not Netflix.......

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

It has Google Widevine level 1, just not Netflix certified........ So, it supports most other streaming app, just not Netflix.......
            I know that the kd1 yes. I mean the x96s that I have not worth anything

Comment

I know that the kd1 yes. I mean the x96s that I have not worth anything
              If you want streaming services, then yes, you are correct..........

Comment

Level 1 is good.

Wonder if flashed 3rd party ROM,will it be erased?
                What's the relationship between Wodevine level with ROM? Box Mac address registered with Google?

Can we copy or move or spoof this kind of widevine security?
                Can ROM developers copy netflix certiified device's ESN like Xiaomi stick to other boxes?

Comment

If you want streaming services, then yes, you are correct..........
                  On the Mecool KD1, HDR remains activated at all times, even on SDR content.

Did you notice that?

There is an option to switch HDR to SDR and SDR to HDR but it doesn't work? A bug on my KD1 or is it the same on yours?

Comment

Originally posted by yougz View Post

On the Mecool KD1, HDR remains activated at all times, even on SDR content.

Did you notice that?

There is an option to switch HDR to SDR and SDR to HDR but it doesn't work? A bug on my KD1 or is it the same on yours?
                    My TV that I purchased a few months ago, supports HDR, so this bug does NOT affect me. However, if it I still had my older TV, then the KD1 would be useless for me, same as the Tivo stream 4k stick, it suffers from the same bug.

The Mecool KM6 Deluxe had the same bug, but they corrected it with a firmware change.

Comment

Ok thank you, that's what it seemed to me

Comment

...same as the Tivo stream 4k stick, it suffers from the same bug.
                        FYI - TiVo Stream4K corrected the HDR bug fully in the last update in June, works perfectly now for switching from SDR to HDR10/DolbyVision and then back to SDR automatically.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                          FYI - TiVo Stream4K corrected the HDR bug fully in the last update in June, works perfectly now for switching from SDR to HDR10/DolbyVision and then back to SDR automatically.
                          Thanks for that info.........

Comment

Working...
                          X