Is SlimBox Rom safe to use on X96s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is SlimBox Rom safe to use on X96s?

Yesterday I update my X96S SlimBox Rom to 11.6 and it had 5 malware issues on it, Android/Trojan.Boogr.gsh after the upgrade. Malwarebytes found 5, so.....I deleted the SlimBox Rom, Factory reset to be exact

and installed the standard X96S Rom 06-11-2020 and ran Malwarebytes again, and the same malware was picked up again...its embedded into the TV stick and you cant get rid of it. It is now a useless paper weight. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210704_140721.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	824992

Originally posted by masher17 View Post
    Yesterday I update my X96S SlimBox Rom to 11.6 and it had 5 malware issues on it, Android/Trojan.Boogr.gsh after the upgrade. Malwarebytes found 5, so.....I deleted the SlimBox Rom, Factory reset to be exact

and installed the standard X96S Rom 06-11-2020 and ran Malwarebytes again, and the same malware was picked up again...its embedded into the TV stick and you cant get rid of it. It is now a useless paper weight. Click image for larger version

Name:	20210704_140721.jpg
Views:	437
Size:	84.9 KB
ID:	824992
    Hi ,

this are Apps , first 3 has to do with Sound (Dolby ) , the other two are Apps that show / play Content from outside your Box ,

if you have "root" try to manual uninstall and after that delete them out of the System Apps Folder then clear cache & Dalvik ,

can be done with Apps "Clear Cache" , reboot and check again , otherwise contact the Dev. , he can say for sure more , maybe it

is faulty Alert ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

I see the first 3 are for sound,, ..why are they there? I factory reset and installed another rom and they are still there..isn't that unusual to anyone? One person says this in the XDA forum " Hopefully they will identify and remove the Infection in future releases...Infection is the word....

Comment

I see the first 3 are for sound,, ..why are they there? I factory reset and installed another rom and they are still there..isn't that unusual to anyone? One person says this in the XDA forum " Hopefully they will identify and remove the Infection in future releases...Infection is the word....
        Hi ,

did you ever tried to remove this Apps ??? , if you not try you not know if it works , there are Tools that can show every

outgoing data , like Wireshark , a Pro can fast find out what is going on , remember Slimbox Rom is a modded StockRom ,

further good luck / gefattern

Comment

Originally posted by gefattern View Post

Hi ,

did you ever tried to remove this Apps ??? , if you not try you not know if it works , there are Tools that can show every

outgoing data , like Wireshark , a Pro can fast find out what is going on , remember Slimbox Rom is a modded StockRom ,

further good luck / gefattern

Yes I really panicked when I seen those....So I did remove them, went into Es File Explorer and found them and deleted all of them. Thanks for the help.

I ran Malwarebytes again and its clean now, I really like the SlimBox ATV works great on the X96S...

Comment

Yes I really panicked when I seen those....So I did remove them, went into Es File Explorer and found them and deleted all of them. Thanks for the help.

I ran Malwarebytes again and its clean now, I really like the SlimBox ATV works great on the X96S...
            Hi ,

sounds nice , but Apps always let some Rest behind , better to clean cache & Dalvik Cache too , something for Apps to

start faster or similar , after this the Box Startup after Reboot takes a bit longer because the Box must build the Dalvik new ,

it is not a must but better if you uninstall SystemApps or normal Apps , i always do it in similar Situations ,

hope you can now enjoy your Box , contact for sure the Dev. that he can delete them from future Roms ,

good luck / gefattern

Comment

Working...
            X