Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

X96S Display Dongle/Stick A8.1 Amlogic S905Y2 Dual WiFi BT4.2

X96S Display Dongle/Stick A8.1 Amlogic S905Y2 Dual WiFi BT4.2
    Good day. After trying to get root access, the box does not load (((. Where to download the firmware for it?

The same thing happened to me, although I was trying to use SuperSU to keep an app from checking if the device had been rooted. Any instructions on how to do a restore?

Comment

here is the firmware and recovery tool.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

You need to connect through the dc connector and clamp the button resets. the cord must be of very good quality and may not be sewn the first time. Do not despair, if you do not immediately flash, reconnect the wire until the firmware runs out. good luck

Comment

Thanks so much!

Three questions:
        1) If I'm on a Mac or Linux, is it possible to burn the image to Micro SD card and do the restore that way?
        2) When during the process does the reset button need to be pressed? When plugging the stick into the computer?
        3) When can the reset button be released?

Thanks again.

Comment

It is possible and through the card, but I did not succeed (. To flash in the Windows system. Press the button before connecting and hold until you decide on the system.

Comment

Thee is a new firmware for ACEMAX X96S 4/32 in the manufacturer page. http://www.acemax.net.cn/downloading...center-14.html
            Does anyone know what is the change-log for this?

This is also a helpful tutorial on how to upgrade firmware https://androidpctv.com/firmware-upd..._WITH_IMG_FILE

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by komixboy View Post
              Thee is a new firmware for ACEMAX X96S 4/32 in the manufacturer page. http://www.acemax.net.cn/downloading...center-14.html
              Does anyone know what is the change-log for this?

This is also a helpful tutorial on how to upgrade firmware https://androidpctv.com/firmware-upd..._WITH_IMG_FILE

Thanks
              with task bar, navigation bar, and also you can add shortcuts in the main page, the default software you can not add shortcuts... and other improvements.
              welcome to purchase from amazon usa:

AMAZON UK

Comment

Originally posted by acemaxtec View Post

with task bar, navigation bar, and also you can add shortcuts in the main page, the default software you can not add shortcuts... and other improvements.

AMAZON UK

Hello
                My device was working yesterday. But today when ı TRY to open it show only logo and screen is black. Any idea what happened to this device. Please help me.

SM-G925F cihazımdan Tapatalk kullanılarak g?nderildi

Comment

Originally posted by rebrilov View Post
                  here is the firmware and recovery tool.

Посмотреть и скачать с Яндекс Диска

You need to connect through the dc connector and clamp the button resets. the cord must be of very good quality and may not be sewn the first time. Do not despair, if you do not immediately flash, reconnect the wire until the firmware runs out. good luck
                  do you have any image how to do this process step by step?

I can reach recovery menu from reset button. I put the files tht come with acemax web site tf card option. I try to load update from ExT menu but my device cant open the zip file..
                  do you have any idea? what can I do
                  Last edited by Danube1910; 09-03-2019, 10:57.

Comment

AMAZON UK

Are you an official representative of ACEMAX here on FreakTab ??? Can you tell the Website manager http://www.acemax.net.cn/downloading-center/acemax-products-sw-downloading-center-14.html to move the 9.0 Pie firmware download links from Baidu to Google Drive. Unable to download the Android 9 firmware from Baidu, the stupid Baidu website makes you install a Chinese only App where you have to register just to download bullshit when the download is already password protected, no option to just download the firmware directly like Google Drive or Mega.nz provide.

Comment

Originally posted by komixboy View Post
                      ...new firmware for ACEMAX X96S 4/32 in the manufacturer page. http://www.acemax.net.cn/downloading...center-14.html...
                      ...with task bar, navigation bar, and also you can add shortcuts in the main page, the default software you can not add shortcuts... and other improvements...

Comment

acemaxtec thank you I see the new firmware updates are hosted on MEGA
                        Website: http://www.acemax.net.cn/downloading...center-14.html

ACEMAX X96S 4GB/32GB VERSION Firmware :

- android 9.0 pie IMG software with Navigation Bar (20190820)- android 9.0 pie SDcard software with Navigation Bar (20190820)

Unofficial Changelog for 20190820 (from my observations) :
                        1) Wallpaper service is fixed so can change wallpapers with other launchers and wallpaper is now visible in Recents window
                        2) Navigation Bar visible and functional
                        3) Status Bar visible but not working to access Quick Settings or Notifications, so look but don't touch
                        4) ABupdater App removed
                        5) The extra double kodi.apk in Vendor partition was removed
                        6) Fixed keyboard enter key problem.

Broken and or still not Fixed :
                        1) Notifications access
                        2) In Droid Settings the Bluetooth pairing either broke in this update or was already broken, can still pair Bluetooth remotes from main Android.Settings
                        3) Recents window still broken for easy remote use, Can Not delete/kill active app windows with D-pad remote by hitting left or right or even with delete, only allows the Clear All button after a swipe of the mouse.
                        4) Framework bug where if a dialog box appears because an app needs permission access and you click YES then the app closes and sends you back to home screen.
                        5) Vulkan driver is not activated in ROM, when GPU supports it and the Library is in the firmware
                        6) BusyBox needs to be update, not an ancient version, but still should be updated to version 1.30 or newer
                        7) Gapps needs to be Updated
                        8) The installed Kodi is still not updated to version 18.3
                        9) Remote programming has issues, installed the stock AndroidTV Remote App and fixed all the issues I had with using an air-mouse remote via a usb dongle. Bluetooth remote worked flawlessly with out the modification.

- Probably still a lot more bugs I haven't noticed yet.

*Note: For those that choose to use USB Burning Tool to install firmware, you don't need to hold the reset button for device to connect to PC and burn firmware, just click START in Tool and connect OTG cable to Stick and the firmware will start installing (use latest version 2.1.7 Tool or newer).
                        --But specific to my device, I had slight problem with installing firmwares with USB tool; either I have a defective socket where the Micro-USB enters device or possible I just need to buy new OTG cables, but for my device to get a complete firmware burn I have to hold the Stick and apply pressure to MicroUSB cable the whole entire time PC is loading firmware to make sure it is seated correctly and receiving data transmission.
                        Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 09-01-2019, 16:28. Reason: typos

Comment

hi i received the stick yesterday android 9 is giving me heaps of errors does anyone how to downgrade to 8.1? been trying with no luck ..

Comment

DaMeZ
                            Only way to downgrade would be to use Amlogic USB Burning Tool to Flash the Oreo firmware.

What problems do you have with Android 9 ? Can you give more detail ?

Comment

im getting random turn off .. also been using top launcher any time i restart i have re launch launcher.. been watching mobdro after about 30 mins program restarts... ive been trying to install 8.1 with usb burning tool 2.1.7.0 im getting b12_boot stage error .. ive tried different cables and tried boot card maker no luck.

Comment

Working...
                              X