X96S Display Dongle/Stick A8.1 Amlogic S905Y2 Dual WiFi BT4.2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DaMeZ View Post
    im getting random turn off .. also been using top launcher any time i restart i have re launch launcher.. been watching mobdro after about 30 mins program restarts... ive been trying to install 8.1 with usb burning tool 2.1.7.0 im getting b12_boot stage error .. ive tried different cables and tried boot card maker no luck.
    Ok, thanks for posting the problems; I have been working on a Custom ROM in my spare time for this device using the factory 9.0 Pie image as base.
    1) Random Turn-off can be two different things, one is the Doze setting built into the Framework, and I think I found a work around for that.
    2) Fixed the alternative Launcher issue.
    3) Don't use Mobdro myself, but there is a problem with IPTV services apps randomly kicking out and I may have fixed that, which might solve the problem Mobdro is having for you.

I don't want to go backwards, so never tried reinstalling Oreo after I had Pie; but this Stick is temperamental and doesn't always like to burn firmware images. Myself was having problems using standard 1 meter length OTG cables to burn firmware, but ordered a small 20cm length cable and the stick will burn in the first or second attempt now versus before it could take up-to 30 tries to get a positive image burn.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Ok, thanks for posting the problems; I have been working on a Custom ROM in my spare time for this device using the factory 9.0 Pie image as base.
      1) Random Turn-off can be two different things, one is the Doze setting built into the Framework, and I think I found a work around for that.
      3) Don't use Mobdro myself, but there is a problem with IPTV services apps randomly kicking out and I may have fixed that, which might solve the problem Mobdro is having for you.

I don't want to go backwards, so never tried reinstalling Oreo after I had Pie; but this Stick is temperamental and doesn't always like to burn firmware images. Myself was having problems using standard 1 meter length OTG cables to burn firmware, but ordered a small 20cm length cable and the stick will burn in the first or second attempt now versus before it could take up-to 30 tries to get a positive image burn.
      Thanks for the reply custom rom would be great.. Tried different cables gave up on trying to downgrade so I did a factory reset which helped a little. It doesn't random turn off and mobdro is working good now.. Another problem I got was I got YouTube notification couldn't not clear and to disable notifications for it to disappear..

Comment

Another problem which you might know is if the stick goes in sleep mode I have to turn it off and back on to get wifi to work.

Comment

hmm, don't have problem with WiFi not connecting or dropping connection; but I always set the WiFi to Static connection not (DHCP).

Sleep works fine for me, turning device off and on from sleep is all normal, and even turning device on from CEC works normal.

But the real problem is device does have problem going into "deep sleep" mode and it won't turn back On, until you unplug/plug-in device power. My research points to faulty coding in the UBOOT. Maybe I found workaround for this through internal System settings, still needs further testing.

Comment

how to get game controller to work on the x96s stick?

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post

Are you still working on your custom rom?

I just updated my X96S to 20190820 and I am still having an issue. I cannot use the tivimate app to watch iptv. It keeps crashing as soon as I open it. This is one of the main reasons I bought this device.

Also, I cannot get google play store to update. I have version 13.1.32-all [0] [PR] 227779152

Comment

Originally posted by Lhartman89 View Post
                Are you still working on your custom rom?
                I just updated my X96S to 20190820 and I am still having an issue. I cannot use the tivimate app to watch iptv. It keeps crashing as soon as I open it. This is one of the main reasons I bought this device.
                Also, I cannot get google play store to update. I have version 13.1.32-all [0] [PR] 227779152
                Sorry for late response, yes I stopped working on ROM because the stupid RESET button broke off from its soldered mounting points on my device, lol, which pissed by off and I haven't touch device since, plus I haven't had any free time to fix the device.

As far as I can remember the official Tivimate app from Google Playstore was working properly on my device with the Android 9 build. And the 20190820 is the second to last ROM released for the X96S device, as far as I know the most current is dated 20190925, see link: http://www.acemax.net.cn/downloading...center-14.html

About updating the Google Play Store first you must make sure Google Play Services is updated (use the app Play Services Info to auto-force check if Services needs to be updated), then in Google Play Store "SETTINGS" click the Store version number to get the Prompt that says "Play Store needs to be downloaded and updated" it will download the new Play Store after you restart your device. Note: make sure berfore restarting you turn off VPN so device will connect to Google server immediately when the WiFi makes connection after reboot.

If the Play Store stills doesn't update then you must do it manually which requires you to download the most current Play-Store from APKmirror.com then with a Root Explorer app you rename the apk to match what is in the System folder [ /system/priv-app/Phonesky/ ] which is Phonesky.apk then Copy/Paste to replace the original and reset the apk file permissions to rw- r-- r--, then reboot device and the new apk will be installed during Restart process. Note: make sure that WiFi is disabled before restarting device as a safety precaution so Play-Services doesn't cause an error trying to download updates before new Play-Store is installed in the first 30 seconds after device is rebooted.

Comment

Here is new Android TV (ATV 9 ) firmware for X96s based on the latest stock firmware https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...stock-firmware

Comment

Working...
                  X