Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The new firmware for Stick X96S (android 9.0 pie latest 20190925)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new firmware for Stick X96S (android 9.0 pie latest 20190925)

Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1gH3...8RF218Ig_/view

hi all, as I already said, the firmware (android 9.0 pie 20190820), had problems, they may have solved the problems.
    I am always with the firmware android 8.0, which works very well.
    I still do not install the new firmware (android 9.0 pie latest 20190925), because I have a lot of APPS to reinstall.

PS : somebody, know a good apps to do the backups + data ?

I already tested ( Titanium Backup-Pro ... I bought, Super Backup & Restore, Resilio Sync, migrate ), none works well, thank you in advance.

I use Migrate and manually unzip the backup and manually move the files to Data partition where the install script says to place files. It is a little bit of work to do it this way, but I love how fast Migrate will make a full Backup of all your Apps+Data, so I continue to do it this way.

Comment

Thank you RiCkLaR_atvX, I will test this technique with "migrate" and install the new firmware.

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
        I use Migrate and manually unzip the backup and manually move the files to Data partition where the install script says to place files. It is a little bit of work to do it this way, but I love how fast Migrate will make a full Backup of all your Apps+Data, so I continue to do it this way.
        Hi ,

what do you mean with "the install script says to place the files" , a small Guide would be nice , thanks ,

gefattern

Comment

When you use Migrate to make a backup Zip, it generates an install.sh (script) inside the zip, if you read that file it says where all the other files in backup.zip must be placed in Data partition to be extracted fully by the secondary app of MigrateHelper.apk - all this must be done manually because Migrate is made to be use with TWRP+Magisk but both softwares have issues completing the install process because of the system_as_root file system.

Note this only works with Rooted devices, and have tested on Allwinner H6 with Pie + Amlogic devices running Pie to install manually.

1) install Migrate.apk version 2.1 from Play Store
          2) make sure Setting of "use old size calculations" is chosen, which is activated by unchecking "use new size calculations" I believe
          3) make backup of Apps+Data
          4) save backup.zip to internal storage
          5) after backup is complete, transfer zip file to removable SDcard or USB drive
          6) On a new device or device with fresh firmware installation > install a Root Explorer like TotalCommander.apk and activate Root settings
          7) install that removable storage that contains backup.zip
          8) Extract the zip contents to internal storage to easily locate, then open that location
          9) MOVE files to appropriate locations so MigrateHelper can install (all this is detailed in install script)
          - Delete the following: busybox, META-INF folder, and the .SH scripts - all not need for manual install
          - find the system folder that has the MigrateHelper.apk, make new MigrateHelper folder in '/system/app/' set folder permissions RWX R-X R-X
          - Move MigrateHelper.apk to new MigrateHelper folder and set file permissions of apk to RW- R-- R--
          - Locate directory '/data/local/tmp/' make a new Folder named 'migrate_cache'
          - Move all .JSON files + .PARM files + App folders + to '/data/local/top/migrate_cache/'
          - Locate 'data/data' and move all .TAR.GZ files to this location
          - whatever is leftover goes into ./migrate_cache
          10) turn Off WiFi and/or disconnect Ethernet cable, device should not be connected to Network during Backup installs
          11) Reboot device
          12) Open MigrateHelper app which should have been self-installed after reboot and given a pop-up notification to run Migrate Helper
          13) Select Install Backup
          - if it fails, goto location '/data/data/balti.migratehelper/files' and change permissions of all the files in this location to RWX RWX R-X
          - try again Install Backup
          14) Install will batch install all APKs and Data and takes several minutes depending on how many apps you have, I am usually transferring 100+ apps which takes about 15 minutes to install everything
          15) After Install completes, open all your favorite apps that have Root access and extra permission access to Accessibility settings so you can reset the App's access if need be like button mappers, launchers as default home screen, etc.
          16) Reboot device and enjoy.

gefattern this guide is just from my memory, I always read the install script before installing just to be sure I am putting files in the correct location.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20191104_211633_1.jpg
Views:	4152
Size:	51.6 KB
ID:	788171Worst update ever wifi doesn't work when it goes in deep sleep... I unplugged still not working well.. Before update all I had to do was restart and it worked... Tried everything to downgrade to 8.1 did not work bricked twice.. Hopefully someone can fix the wifi issue.. Using my old mecool bb2 pro till firmware is fixed... The shit thing is since I've bought hardly used because of the firmware..
            Last edited by DaMeZ; 11-04-2019, 11:50.

Comment

I am trying to update my X96S stick with the new firmware.
              However, when I create the SD card and try to start the tv stick with flash mode, it goes into Recovery mode. (when I press the reset button and start the device)
              How can I force into flash mode ? 

Comment

how do you flash this with a pc or you cant and have to flash with a sd card?

Comment

finally, I installed the last firmware "X96S_V311_P_20190925-1206" ( android 9 PIE ).

Connect with wifi and the system will install a new one update "X96S_V311_P_20191021-2013".

I deleted the launcher native in H96S and I installed the launcher "Win_X_Launcher-8.10_Pro" which is really perfect for me.

Info AIDA64 :

Wifi = -43 dBm ( at 4 meters of distance )

temperature soc_thermal = 28,2°C or 82,76°F
                  temperature ddr_thermal = 29,6°C or 85,28°F

Maximum temperature after 4 hours of use = 46°C or 114,8°F ( constant test with the app "powerful Monitor )

Info antutu :

With android 8 : antutu = 64708
                  With android 9 PIE : antutu = 66316

I noticed the same problem of dropping wifi 5 gHz with the firmware android 8 and android 9,
                  we would have to find a developer for the stick H96S, to resolve this problem.

Comment

I got that update to and my screen flickers now

Comment

Working...
                    X