Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lekha7777 View Post

So it's for AndroidTV fans

You may download stock firmware here https://chinagadgetsreviews.com/down...-dongle-2.html

After flashing stock firmware and boot you need to check firmware update to latest OTA update

Thank you very much mate , now i'm on Stock rom wich work very smoothly , (just only bemol , there is no navigation bar and can't install a new launcher.)
    the ATV 9.0 Pie firmware is taken from smart TV like TCL tv .... it work only with remote control , unfortunately.

please is there any other good rom to install on my stick ?

Comment

You could try this launcher ...ATV Launcher follow this guide.... https://troypoint.com/android-tv-launcher/..... i tried it first and it works, but lekha7777's rom works best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by masher17 View Post
        You could try this launcher ...ATV Launcher follow this guide.... https://troypoint.com/android-tv-launcher/..... i tried it first and it works, but lekha7777's rom works best for me.
        Oh thank you very much masher17 , the ATV Launcher work very good in the x96s .better than the stock launcher. now i can change Wallpaper and add widgets and move apps but i can't make it default app. when i turn off the TV and then turn it on it run the stock launcher .

just only bemol , no navigation bar and multitask.

but how you tell that the ekha7777's rom works best for you ? it's not helpfull , when you want to write something you should use the remote control and ... it's very hard. at list you should have an Air mouse with keyboard to simplify the writing and search. for me i use a wirless mouse and it work perfectly annd very easy to write quikly.

if you have other sollution or you find some other good ROm please post it here . regards

Comment

slayem131 I had the same problem with X96S when using the ATV Launcher turn off TV and turn on back to original launcher, I don't know how to fix it...I followed Troypoint.com and it still returned to the original launcher....On all the box's i owned i have never used the navigation bar like so many here do, the status bar is handy tho...

Lekha7777"s rom is like the NVIDIA shields and it has a minimal google play-store, so you have to side-load anything else you need and that's what i done.Using filelinked and APK Pure and Aptoide i put everything i needed in the X96S and it works OK for me.I have a air mouse that's wonderful to have also.I use this to travel.

With Lekha7777's rom when i turn it off and the back on, it stays with the launcher like the Nvidia Shields.
          Last edited by Guest; 06-05-2020, 15:59. Reason: added a comment

Comment

slayem131 I had the same problem with X96S when using the ATV Launcher turn off TV and turn on back to original launcher, I don't know how to fix it...I followed Troypoint.com and it still returned to the original launcher....On all the box's i owned i have never used the navigation bar like so many here do, the status bar is handy tho...

Lekha7777"s rom is like the NVIDIA shields and it has a minimal google play-store, so you have to side-load anything else you need and that's what i done.Using filelinked and APK Pure and Aptoide i put everything i needed in the X96S and it works OK for me.I have a air mouse that's wonderful to have also.I use this to travel.

With Lekha7777's rom when i turn it off and the back on, it stays with the launcher like the Nvidia Shields.
            i read a topic on Freaktab and they says that the "PendooLauncher" need to be deleted from /system/priv-app/ and also must be deleted from /product/app/
            i have tried to delete it with Root explorer but failed , it say that i can't delete or modify file system

so i downloaded Link2sd app and i freezed the "PendooLauncher" , now when i open the TV it load directly the ATV launcher.

but i still want to find a sollution how to delete or modify file system. i have even installed Super Su but no results

Be carefull if you install Super su you must enable the "Security Setting" inside SuperSu of "Allow Su during boot" ~ because by default it is not Checked
            which will cause a Bootloop when you Reboot , then you should reflash the rom.

Comment

I think i read that same post but i couldn't get it to work....I am probably going to retire my X96S and start using this new one that has come out..https://buzztv.com/site/st-4000/....

Its the Vidstick from BuzzTv, but it cost a little more then the X96S I have purchased this and hope its better, the specs are really good...

Comment

I think i read that same post but i couldn't get it to work....I am probably going to retire my X96S and start using this new one that has come out..https://buzztv.com/site/st-4000/....

Its the Vidstick from BuzzTv, but it cost a little more then the X96S I have purchased this and hope its better, the specs are really good...
                i have found this review for the vidstick https://youtu.be/8vBWaREB2Wc?t=309
                really i don't like it , especially it's 2G RAM / 16Gb ROM and it look s without navigation bar.

if a dev work on our x96s it will become the best small TV box .

Comment

Originally posted by slayem131 View Post

i have found this review for the vidstick https://youtu.be/8vBWaREB2Wc?t=309
                  really i don't like it , especially it's 2G RAM / 16Gb ROM and it look s without navigation bar.

if a dev work on our x96s it will become the best small TV box .
                  Yes the storage is only 16Gb and my X96S has 32Gb i think that's the only difference,it has ventilation holes and the X96S doesn't, and the black interface doesn't help its looks at all.

But the BuzzTv people make really good devices, and it could possibly get updates for it....The X96S seems like there will never get an update, the interface / launcher has to be the worst i have seen.

I shall fine out when i get it....I only use both of these when I travel so i don't play games on it at all, just use it to stream....

Comment

Hi lekha7777, I finally had time to test the ROM "ATV9_daviet.v1.6.1" and i must say this is a great job.

Info AIDA64 :

Wifi = -18 dBm ( at 4 meters of distance ) just amazing with the band 5 ghz ( before with the stock rom I didn't have the 5 ghz and the Wifi was from = -45 dBm.

temperature soc_thermal ROM "ATV9_daviet.v1.6.1" = 32,2°C or 89.6°F before with the stock rom I had ( 28,2°C or 82,76°F )

temperature ddr_thermal ROM "ATV9_daviet.v1.6.1" = 32,9°C or 89.6°F before with the stock rom I had ( 29,6°C or 85,28°F )
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With stock ROM android 9 PIE = Maximum temperature after 4 hours of use = 46°C or 114,8°F ( constant test with the app "powerful Monitor )

Now, with the ROM "ATV9_daviet.v1.6.1" = Maximum temperature after +/- 4 hours of use = 35,7°C or 96.26°F ( constant test with the app "powerful Monitor )

Quality movies in 4K is impeccable.
                    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info antutu :

With android 8 : antutu = 64708
                    With android 9 PIE ROM stock : antutu = 66316
                    With android 9 PIE ROM ATV9_daviet.v1.6.1 : antutu = 68381

This ROM "ATV9_daviet.v1.6.1" is really exceptional.

lekha7777, it is impossible for me to register on the site "4PDA", because of the capchat in russian, could you make a mega link for TWRP recovery,
                    via the site 4PDA or freaktab, thank you in advance.

Comment

Hello,

I tested for some weeks the ROM and I like it... very fluid, didn't have errors even after 5 days of working continuum , yes working continuum because it has a small problem, every time that I press the power button on the remote IT DIES, the led turn red and there is no way to bring it back to life without removing it from the power supply, this is very annoying.(and yes.. a changed the option of power button to go to sleep instead of shutting down)
                      Dose someone knows a fix for this issue?
                      and... another thing... who have a suggestion of a app that force close all the opened apps?

Comment

Ok, I managed to find and install the TWRP recovery "TWRP_3.2.2_Android_9.0.zip".

Comment

MFaust I have the same trouble with my X96S with lekha7777's Rom, if i hit the home button it dies, at first it started after i run SD Maid cleaner, but now it does it a lot..it is kind of aggravating having to remove the power to get it started, the whole idea of using this was to get rid of that ugly stock launcher.....so i might go back to stock rom and try using this launcher...

....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osik...w&t=202s.....i put this on my firestick and it is awesome,

Comment

I have a X96S stick with 2 GB/16GB and had to flash Daviet 1.1 because the newer ones didn't work (at least the 1.6 wasn't flashable, don't know if maybe 1.6.1 would work?). I have two problems:
                            1. The Amazon Prime App doesn't work (the one for Android TV). I can open it but I cannot play a video. Is this normal because of the missing DRM? The Amazon Prime app for normal Smartphones works kind of but is not so easily usable with the remote.
                            2. I tried to get screen mirroring from my smartphone working but it didn't work. AirScreen doesn't allow Mirracast ("dactivated since Android 8.0) and when I use the Google Home app on my smartphone to cast via "Google Cast" function of AirScreen, I get an extremely low-resolution picture. I also tried to install the "Chromecast built-in" App from Google as a Sideload. Normally, Android TV already includes Google Cast functionality but this App just doesn't do anything. I could not find any new menu settings and I also couldn't find the device in the Google Home app. Is there any solution to get screen mirroring working?

Also another question regarding mouse mode: When I start TWRP, I can only move the mouse but clicking "ok" does not do anything. I had to use an external mouse to do that (wanted to backup my stick before trying anything as it is working pretty good apart from the mentioned small problems).

Comment

Originally posted by lekha7777 View Post
                              This is simple ATV9 firmware based on latest stock firmware X96S_V311_P_20191021-2013, it start without Google account.

Features:
                              • support start scripts located at /etc/init.d/
                              • root and SuperSU patched user anpaza (4PDA)
                              • AFRD
                              • build.prop tweaks
                              • AppDrawer and some apps on main screen
                              • picture optimization
                              • double home click shows tasks
                              • and many other simple features
                              screenshot
                              Click image for larger version Name:	Screenshot_20200121-150259.png Views:	160 Size:	328.6 KB ID:	795950

Image for USB Burning tool

Download for rev. X96s_P link
                              Download for rev. X96s_V311_P link
                              HI,

Thanks for this ATVrom.

BUt I have some APPs need mouse and navigational bar.

Currently on official rom X96S_V311_P20190925.

People said that choosing OTA would upgrade to official ‘X96S_V311_P_20191021-2013'.

But I chose the OTA,with or without VPN all says no update,your firmware is the most current.

Where is this official 'X96S_V311_P_20191021-2013"?

Can you upload to mega.nz?

thanks very much.

Comment

You should try the "SlimBox" rom I am using it on my X96S and it works well and has many features.

Comment

Working...
                                X