Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Improved temperature of the android stick X96S

With android 8 OREO :

Hi all, it's been a long time since I had to buy android stick.

I ave try to improve the temperature of X96S.

In my living room, there is temperature of 25 C or 77F.

Now with the X96S, I have a temperature of :

soc-thermal = 34.5 C or 94.1 F

ddr-thermal = 35.1 C or 95.18 F

I tested a film in 4K, for 15 minutes, the temperature was 45 C or 113 F.

I earn about 14 C or 57.2F.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With android 9 PIE :

In my living room, there is temperature of 23 C or 73.4 ? F.

Now with the X96S, I have a temperature of :

soc-thermal = 27.8 C or 82.04 F

ddr-thermal = 28.5 C or 83.3 F

I earn about 20 C or 68 F.

The ROM stock android 9 PIE for X96S, is really good.
    You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 2 photos.

I think you are a little too worried about temperature with the BIG heatsink, lol. I just got one of these X96S devices and they do not run hot at all. Usually with Amlogic devices you don't even get thermal throttling till 70^C or 80^C. These new 2nd generation S905~X2 and Y2 are power efficient chips and don't run hot only worry if you see 80^C temps. Can leave device on 24 hours no heat issues.

Comment

hi RiCkLaR_atvX, made tests, use X96S while15 minutes, videos 4K, games, ...

You will find, that your key HDMI X96S is hot ( +/- 75 C ).

When the CPU and GPU heated, the X96S, can not exploit its full power, the CPU and GPU decreases their frequencies, otherwise the X96S can do a reboot.

then , the life of the X96S, is not long, if he heats all the time.

Now, each his ideas.

RiCkLaR_atvX, if you are part of the team atvX, go make yourself a custom ROM for the S96X ?

Thanks in advance for all answers.

Comment

My question for you is, are you using the correct volatage/amp power supply that came with device or a more powerful DC power supply? Or are you connecting a USB3 HDD hard drive that takes power over the Stick's USB connection this makes the unit draw more power and that equals more heat.

Because like I said before my device does NOT get Hot.

I've been testing the X96s device for few days now, was delivered with Android 9, original firmware is dated 20190529, no heat issues, ran temperature monitors and everything normal, the highest temperature was 66^C.

Updated the firmware to 20190716 release, no heat issues, runs almost the same as the original. Only noticeable update was that the Launcher Shortcuts now work.

I changed the launcher to ATV Launcher Pro from Google Play and happy with that app as home screen, gives the feel of androidTV leanback launcher style when you change setting to display rows horizontally. I do hate the stock original launcher, is like the company tried to copy Mecool's stock launcher and failed to deliver a clean finished product.

Comment

- volatage/amp power supply that came with device.( I do not take the risk of testing via USB TV).

- No USB3 HDD hard drive.

in fact, it was not a problem for me, I just wanted to improve the cooling.

- the highest temperature now is 45 C

thank you so much, for information APPS "ATV Launcher Pro", for 3 euro it's not too expensive.
          Last edited by Moulin1980; 08-22-2019, 23:51.

Comment

Working...
          X