Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem with ROM ACEMAX X96S 9.0

Hi all, I have a problem with launcher.

I tested several launcher ( Top TV Launcher 2, ATV Launcher Pro, nova Launcher, ...after the rebbot, he returns to the original launcher.

I tested with the 2 ROM "ACEMAX X96S 9.0" and "ACEMAX X96S 9.0 with navigation bar", it's the same problem.

here is also the problem of wifi 5ghz, who disappears, then come back.

Someone also has the same problems ?

Ok, I solved my problems ( I had forgotten the manipulation with the file "build.prop" ).

Comment

Originally posted by Moulin1980 View Post
      Ok, I solved my problems ( I had forgotten the manipulation with the file "build.prop" ).
      What did you change in "/vendor/build.prop" ?

My workaround was just to delete the Launcher for '/system/priv-app/' after I installed ATV Pro.

I have not experienced any wifi problems with 5G, but my TVstick is only 2 meters away form my router, so that doesn't make a great test reference if yours has several walls between it and your router.

Update Edit: the stupid original launcher will return if you do a factory reset. So not only does the PendooLauncher need to be deleted from /system/priv-app/ but it also must be deleted from /product/app/
      Last edited by RiCkLaR_atvX; 09-01-2019, 15:22. Reason: Update post for new info.

Comment

Hi, I also have problems with the other launchers, I agree with you, the original launcher is a shit.

Whenever I launch another launcher, my TV recalculates the resolution in ultra HD, every 5 seconds.

I still do not find a solution for another launcher.

We would have to find a DEV for our ACEMAX X96S

Comment

Whenever I launch another launcher, my TV recalculates the resolution in ultra HD, every 5 seconds.

I still do not find a solution for another launcher.
          My device before I modified firmware ran the ATV Launcher Pro just fine, with no issues after deleted original Launcher from Root "" / ""

I don't know why you are getting the Resolution refresh every 5 seconds, that hasn't happened to my TV+device. Are you using the setting "HDMI adaptation" because I never use that at all.

We would have to find a DEV for our ACEMAX X96S
          I've been playing around with the firmware, like I installed first nano gapps manually and device ran a little better, and then manually installed android-TV gapps, so now my stick has androidTV OS with TV OS Homescreen, except somewhere I made a major mistake and the MicroSDcard can no longer be used for external or even internal storage, but external-SDcard is still visible in recovery so not all bad. If I have time maybe by the weekend I can share the modified firmware after I fix a few more things and hopefully fix the SDcard issues.

Comment

Hi RiCkLaR_atvX, would be great if you made a ROMCUSTOM for X96S.

I post a TWRP for X96S that works but without installing, maybe it will improve your ROMCUSTOM.

Link : https://forum.freaktab.com/forum/tv-...-android-9-pie

Comment

Hi all, finally i'm going back to android 8 OREO version, which is more stable and with a correct launcher.

For me, the version 9 PIE for X96S, is not successful,with bugs, and a bizard launcher. .

It's just my personal opinion.

Comment

how to get game controllers to work on the x96s?

Comment

Comment

Hi all, finally i'm going back to android 8 OREO version, which is more stable and with a correct launcher.

For me, the version 9 PIE for X96S, is not successful,with bugs, and a bizard launcher. .

It's just my personal opinion.
                    Do you know which version is the oreo 8 for the 4gb 32gb? Is it 20190510?

Comment

Hi all, I have a problem with launcher.

I tested several launcher ( Top TV Launcher 2, ATV Launcher Pro, nova Launcher, ...after the rebbot, he returns to the original launcher.

I tested with the 2 ROM "ACEMAX X96S 9.0" and "ACEMAX X96S 9.0 with navigation bar", it's the same problem.

here is also the problem of wifi 5ghz, who disappears, then come back.

Someone also has the same problems ?
                      Please where you have found the Rom with navigation bar ?? please link to download

also do you find a sollution for launcher, i have same problem with you , after the rebbot, he returns to the original launcher.
                      with what app you delete files ?
                      Last edited by slayem131; 06-04-2020, 23:45.

Comment

Please can you explain how to delete the stock Pendoo2 launcher from directory '/product/app'
                        and how to manipulate with the file "build.prop"

because i have tried many time with "Root explorer" and it say Failed because i can't delete system file , i have also installed Super Su but it' didn't help.

please explain step by step and us what the Provision app is for .
                        regards

Comment

slayem131 Hello
                          Look try updating your firmware. Look here for downloads:
                          X96S X96 MAX TX5 MAX ACEMAX M12N K1 PLUS S2 T2 KIII KII M8S+ IPTV 18 PRO,M8, M8N M8S M12 M10 Upgrading Software Download

OR if you have 4GB/32GB device and want Navigation Bar use this stock firmware:

Hope that helps!

Comment

Originally posted by RiCkLaR_atvX View Post
                            slayem131 Hello
                            Look try updating your firmware. Look here for downloads:
                            X96S X96 MAX TX5 MAX ACEMAX M12N K1 PLUS S2 T2 KIII KII M8S+ IPTV 18 PRO,M8, M8N M8S M12 M10 Upgrading Software Download

OR if you have 4GB/32GB device and want Navigation Bar use this stock firmware:

Hope that helps!
                            thanks mate, after the problem of bootloop because of the install of super su , i have wiped cache from recovery then reflashed the stock rom and updated it to v311_P_20191021-2013

the stick become very very slow to connect to internet , it show me connected but No intenet. it stay 5 or 10 min to access intenet , not like before , it was very fast to connect.

i have received today new update to v311_P_20200611-1821 called "fix 2 bug system" , but this didn't fix the issue of intenet.

any help please mate.

Comment

I updated the X96S stick to V311_P_20200611-1821 by OTA today, and after reboot the stick comes with the ugly pendoolauncher.
                              The stick has been running the leanback launcher (maybe a mod one, I don’t know) since I bought it, until this update.
                              Is it possible to get the leanback launcher back?

Comment

Working...
                              X