Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

H96 PRO TV Box Amlogic S912 Android 6, 2/16gb or 3/16GB, Dual WiFi, Gig Lan, BT4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by morty421 View Post
    I recently purchased the H96 Pro+ 3gb/32gb from Aliexpress. My unit came with firmware 20161118

I install Kodi myself from scratch with only a couple addons that work the best.

Kodi is crashing non-stop on this box. It never crashes while a movie is playing, but it will crash within 5-15minutes of just browsing around any of the menu options, or browsing through lists (it does not matter if I browse movies from attached storage, network storage, or use add-ons, kodi crashes under all areas).

I have used MANY tv boxes (many s805, s812, s905). This is my first s912 box, and I do not like it because it is just not stable.

I cant seem to find anything related to the crashes in the Kodi log files. I think its the Android OS causing the app to shutdown, but not sure where to find appropriate android os log.
    Try using spmc or Kodi Jarvis version, both you can get from the play store. Kodi Krypton is still beta

Comment

Originally posted by Terence_G View Post
      I purchased 10 of these boxes from DH Gate and they have the 20161101 firmware on them. I have had issues with the wifi not working properly and have been trying to update the firmware since I received them. They sent me a link to download aml_s912_q6330-H96-PRO(3+16-kodi16.1)-mac-20161105.rar (This unzips to a .img image file) which is apparently the newest firmware and also a link to a card burner to create a bootable sd card. I've tried repeatedly to update but am not getting anywhere. Here are the steps I've taken to install this firmware, can someone please tell me if I'm doing something wrong?

1) Unzip the rar file
      2) Insert the SD Card into the PC
      3) Run the card burner which formats the SD Card and installs the image file onto it.
      4) Install SD Card into the tv box.
      5A) Tried using the update app and choosing the local install option but no file is available to choose for the update.
      5B) Tried installing SD Card with no power to the TV box then powering it up with the reset button pressed but all I see is an Android Guy with a red X on his chest. I did this because I read somewhere that you have to go into recovery mode to initialize the firmware update.

Obviously I'm doing something wrong and hope someone can help.

One other note, if I double click the image file on my PC it tells me it's corrupted.

Thanks,
      Terry
      From this youtube video, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRsJbQk7xb8 the file extension for updating via the update app needs to be zip, so you can either change the rar to zip, or unzip & change the img file extension to zip.

or try burning the image file using diskimager or rufus

Note, is you use a burn the image, it can't be seen by windows, that is normal.

sorry if this is a bit vague, I have only updated images on a Geniatech Mygica 510b. with that, I just copied the img file to a FAT32 formatted microsd card, went into recovery selected the img file.

Comment

Hi,

Can anyone tell me where you get the latest firmware for the 3GB version of the H96 Pro? The online update in Update & Backup doesn't work & using the wireless update finds nothing either.

Comment

You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.
          Last edited by NuN70; 12-27-2016, 12:17.

Comment

Originally posted by BanziBaby View Post
            Hi,

Can anyone tell me where you get the latest firmware for the 3GB version of the H96 Pro? The online update in Update & Backup doesn't work & using the wireless update finds nothing either.
            There is a cpuz app that can give you details, the link is the previous page to this post.

Comment

anyone make a custom rom for this box yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bubblegum57 View Post
                Cheers, it's the latest firmware for the 6330 version of the box that I'm looking for.

Comment

Cheers, it's the latest firmware for the 6330 version of the box that I'm looking for.
                  11/18 is the latest and extremely hard to find. The one on the link is 11/01

Comment

Originally posted by ttaidapos View Post

11/18 is the latest and extremely hard to find. The one on the link is 11/01
                    Yeah but that firmware is for a different chipset, it's the Q6330 one I looking for & not the Q9377 one. I get the feeling that as none of the firmware update functions builtin to the firmware work I have pretty much wasted money on a box that isn't going to get updates.

Comment

Yeah but that firmware is for a different chipset, it's the Q6330 one I looking for & not the Q9377 one. I get the feeling that as none of the firmware update functions builtin to the firmware work I have pretty much wasted money on a box that isn't going to get updates.
                      I found this http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=765001&st=320 on a Russian website

I couldn't get it to work.
                      Last edited by bubblegum57; 01-04-2017, 22:01.

Comment

Originally posted by bubblegum57 View Post

I found this http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=765001&st=320 on a Russian website

I couldn't get it to work.
                        Thanks, that seems to be for the R-Box Pro which is pretty much the same hardware as the H96 Pro. I would rather use the correct firmware for the H96 Pro but no one seems to know about any updated firmware.

Comment

If you go to the comment section of the link below there is a user (chaos2go) posting information on the firmware as well as links to where they've uploaded updates.

I'm having issues with my H96 Q6330 randomly flashing green on the screen. I may try one of their firmware updates, but I am a bit hesitant.

Comment

Originally posted by Kry View Post
                            If you go to the comment section of the link below there is a user (chaos2go) posting information on the firmware as well as links to where they've uploaded updates.

I'm having issues with my H96 Q6330 randomly flashing green on the screen. I may try one of their firmware updates, but I am a bit hesitant.
                            Cheers, I read all the comments but the only firmware he mentions for the q6330 version of the box is the same firmware it ships with, all the other firmware he posts are for the q9377 version which would kill wifi & bluetooth on the box.

Comment

Cheers, I read all the comments but the only firmware he mentions for the q6330 version of the box is the same firmware it ships with, all the other firmware he posts are for the q9377 version which would kill wifi & bluetooth on the box.
                              In the most recent Mega link he posted there is an image file called aml_s912_q6330_tv_gapps. It's dated 1/2/17 but I don't know what changes were made to it.

Comment

Is there a way to root the h96 pro. I had to get the firmware fixed and lost root access.

Comment

Working...
                                X