Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOKATV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Android 6.0 2G/32G 802.11AC WIFI Bluetooth 1000M LAN KODI OTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No just a normal every day HUGE looking remote not an easy one to lose, that's for sure.
    treboR
    Please consider
    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Out of curiosity,On this pic of yours, you can see white connector powering the logo on top. Do you think it's possible to disconnect it and use it to power geekbox cooling fan? Thanks
      You may only view thumbnails in this gallery. This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

You could but unsure what voltage is present at that location, may just be low for led driver,
        You could easily find 5v or more around the PCB to drive a fan.
        Tag off the back of a USB port.

Don't like fans they attract dust and make noise, a good slab of alloy attached to the CPU with proper adhesive, is the go. I feel
        treboR
        Please consider
        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

any plans on (of), an eventual update to Nougat, or is this just another Lollipop (on MXIII), pipe dream?

Comment

Well I just received my YakaTV KB2 Box today.... And it doesn't even work...
            It seems to get power as both the top bit, and the Internal LED turn blue..
            But, that's about all it seems to do really no screen on, no Toslink light either.

At least the Toslink on my older MXIII (S802), Box lights up if I power it up.

Comment

Received the Yokatv KB2 also a couple of days ago and its not working too.
              Keep craching and get too hot just by switch it on, all apps crashed after a minute, I can not use Chrome or Dolphin to go to the net or even check my mail Gmail or other app keep crashing.

Can you beleived even my pc mouse trolling and get very hard to use it same from the keybaord, my RII i8 dont work

Stay away from this box, even fake reviews told that this box get hotter than any other, but they dont telke you that is not working. Keep you old tv box 1000 times better than this cheat

Comment

I'm kinda hoping that it's just a bad batch of em. As the bot seems to be largely what I want. Sure the newer 3Gb / 4Gb RAM versions, even with just the standard 16gigs of shared Storage are probably a bit nicer still. But, let us not kid ourselves into thinking that these Boxes will ever be running a Custom Firmware (cough CyanogenMod) ever. As such I suspect that 2Gigs of RAM is likely enough. However Kodi likes to churn out a metric crap ton of Logs. And will bloat quite quickly unless you turn the logging off.

But, yes it was frustrating the lag on that Box. It got to a point where it froze solid under whatever Browser it came with. Yanked the Plug out, for just that moment (i.e. reset), and that was it! The Box had given up its ghost.

Like I said I'm hoping it was just a bad Box, 'cause if the second one also dies within the first 10 Minutes of use I will not be RMA'ing for a third. I'll be requesting a full refund.

As it is the Box is slowly on its way back home. Hopefully I won't have to wait forever for a turn'round.

Comment

Originally posted by Ichijoe View Post
                  I'm kinda hoping that it's just a bad batch of em. As the bot seems to be largely what I want. Sure the newer 3Gb / 4Gb RAM versions, even with just the standard 16gigs of shared Storage are probably a bit nicer still. But, let us not kid ourselves into thinking that these Boxes will ever be running a Custom Firmware (cough CyanogenMod) ever. As such I suspect that 2Gigs of RAM is likely enough. However Kodi likes to churn out a metric crap ton of Logs. And will bloat quite quickly unless you turn the logging off.

But, yes it was frustrating the lag on that Box. It got to a point where it froze solid under whatever Browser it came with. Yanked the Plug out, for just that moment (i.e. reset), and that was it! The Box had given up its ghost.

Like I said I'm hoping it was just a bad Box, 'cause if the second one also dies within the first 10 Minutes of use I will not be RMA'ing for a third. I'll be requesting a full refund.

As it is the Box is slowly on its way back home. Hopefully I won't have to wait forever for a turn'round.
                  Did you have to pay for return shipping??
                  MK818B, T428, ATV 1220, CS918S, TV01, S89H, R89, ADT-1, MK808B Plus, MINIX X8-H Plus, Tronsmart Orion R68

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Just open a dispute so I am waiting from Gearbest a proposition. I hope for full refund if good service at least.
                    Wait and see fir now

Comment

Originally posted by clarkss12 View Post

Yes I had to pay upfront. Hopefully they'll honor their Policy, and reimburse me that Payment again threw PayPal.

Though I had to have chuckle at one of their offers at a keep it, and take an 8€ In-Store Credit.
                      Which I did NOT even consider! I told 'em that they were free to either repair, replace, or Refund me at their discretion.
                      And that all I wanted was a fully working Box.

So as you say... Wait ~30 Days, if I hear nothing with-in that time. Lodge a complaint with PayPal to pull my Money back into my account.

*Edit -- Update*

I just found some Credit for the balance in my PayPal Account. And, although I have yet to receive a new Tracking Number, I did receive some notice that a new Box will be sent out sooner, rather then latter.
                      Last edited by Ichijoe; 09-23-2016, 14:05.

Comment

Since some appear to be having some issues I thought i would have a bit of a closer look see.
                        Today I ran the Unit out of the box performing some test as per the other day.

Out of the box test today you will see the Temp Middle Top of Screen is about 20C cooler than first lot of test (peak) so it does look like poor thermal design is one of the problems.

Test other day Temp 91c peak

Todays Test results much the same score

Temp about 20c cooler out of the box

I also noted checking power supply that at extreme temps the power supply would naturally draw more wattage approx
                        7.3watts and the peak when pushed
                        5~6.5w doing stuff
                        2.4w when Idle

Power supply is rated 5v/2amps = 10w so should be OK

If the Job is done right you will see 42c and pulling 7.5 watts/Should be 5.5 watts fan is pulling two watts
                        Last edited by trebor; 09-23-2016, 20:53.
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Do you have an Ohm / Volt Meter? If so could you please check the Voltage from the output to the Backlight? I'd love to know if it really could power a small Fan.
                          That said this Box should NOT have died, a death, from having attempted to download Googles Leanback Launcher through the stock browser!

If it can't even survive something as trivial as that, then how in the world will it push a 4k File without crapping over itself?

One other thing I'd like to take the chance to make claer, since it has been an issue in the past. The Power Supply did NOT (to me), seem to be at fault... The Brick that came with the older MXIIi is also of the 5V 2A type. And, it ran the MXIII just fine, likewise even with the MXIII's Brick. The YakaTV refused to do anything more then turn blue.

BTW is it even normal? My MXIII will be stone dead after such a ~reset~ (Plug out -- Plug in), until I tap the external Power Button, and so turnit on. Also IIRC there wasn't even any setup screen either. When it did boot, it just went to the Desktop. I had to set everything up though the manual Settings... WiFi, Resolution etc...

I'll probably fish up my Batter Charger from the Basement the Weekend, just to be sure. But the box seemed to ignore me to the point I just assumed it crashed. Something that rarely, but occasionally also happens on the MXIII (S802) too.
                          It was at that point where the Box had died on me.

Comment

Lean back wont work on it..... Maybe soon but not now. What does mx have to in this post???? Different thread for that question.
                            Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Originally posted by syd28 View Post

Just open a dispute so I am waiting from Gearbest a proposition. I hope for full refund if good service at least.
                              Wait and see fir now
                              Please continue your dispute in the gearbest support sections,
                              Thank You.
                              treboR
                              Please consider
                              Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by scooter2014 View Post
                                Lean back wont work on it..... Maybe soon but not now. What does mx have to in this post???? Different thread for that question.
                                I bought it up in the fact that the older MXIII had historically been shipped with wonky Adaptors, that sometimes gave the wrong impression about the Box being bricked... e.g. Unable to boot. Since both my MXIII, and the YakaTV both used a similar 5V2A Adaptor. And, that I was able to rule that out as a possibility.

​​​​​Besides I got my Box elsewhere, so the GearBest Section wouldn't be of any interest to me anyway. In as far as that goes everything seems to be going well. My only hope is that the replacement manages to hang 'round a bit longer, then the first one.

Comment

Working...
                                X