Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YOKATV KB2 Amlogic S912 TV BOX Android 6.0 2G/32G 802.11AC WIFI Bluetooth 1000M LAN KODI OTA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Trebor

I didn't download the firmware and then update the tv box, I used the FOTA system, after I saw the firmware date 20161007.

is it a coincidence that the same date the manufacturer issued 2 firmware? is it possible that for mistake the tv box used the BB2 mecool??

i think it is impossible... it should be not working... anyway, did you try to perform the FOTA update on your KB2?

let me know

thanks

Tom

Comment

Tommy,
      Interesting not sure what the deal is there,
      i did a manual update to the version
      Did check if a fota was available...Hmmm.
      I will try to get some answers to this mystery
      treboR
      Please consider
      Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Originally posted by Tommy831 View Post
        Hi Trebor

I didn't download the firmware and then update the tv box, I used the FOTA system, after I saw the firmware date 20161007.

is it a coincidence that the same date the manufacturer issued 2 firmware? is it possible that for mistake the tv box used the BB2 mecool??

i think it is impossible... it should be not working... anyway, did you try to perform the FOTA update on your KB2?

let me know

thanks

Tom
        Highly probables because so many boards exactly same. I think bb2cool same pcb as yoka. Maybe firmware work on both.
        Many devices now mk902ii/Shield/Mk68 /Ugoos/neox5/minix5 (yes they still work lol) mk80 no it doesnt work lol.

Comment

Yes true but in the real world update should be unique to the box, hey if it works there is no problem.
          More of a curiosity that a problem I think.
          Should/Could have an answer in 6 or so hours.
          treboR
          Please consider
          Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Or your Yoka is having a identity crisis
            treboR
            Please consider
            Donating to Freaktab

Comment

The case seems to be more complicated. I'm back to home...
              I took some pictures to get the information.... the yoka now is not working also for wifi.... it is not able to switch on also the wifi....
              I was able to contact the manufacturer, a technical guy... now I'm sending all the information... let's see what he/she say to me...

i'll update you

Tom
              Attached Files

Comment

Not able to view you images tiny......
                Resize to 1024 x 768 and try again if you can
                This is what I have here.

Click image for larger version

Name:	kb2.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	39.4 KB
ID:	602498
                treboR
                Please consider
                Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi Guys,

i got directly the contact with the manufactorer. I flash the 28 aug 2016 firmware, same problem. now also teh wi fi works sometimes yes, sometimes not.
                  I'm gonna to send back to china. it is not working for me. i was not lucky
                  the manufacturer sent me a link where to download the last firmware version, it could be useful for you:
                  MEGA provides free cloud storage with convenient and powerful always-on privacy. Claim your free 20GB now

thanks for your support i really appreciate

tom

Comment

Thanks Tom
                    Sorry you had problems it can happen,
                    treboR
                    Please consider
                    Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Hi Trebor

in case I need to chose another S912 amlogic tv box, what do you suggest to me?

Comment

All are much the same and I try not to favor/recommend one over the other.
                        Look for what is supported, has updates and your warranty is there is what I can suggest.

Many to pick from, some always better than others in their own unique way
                        Cheers
                        treboR
                        Please consider
                        Donating to Freaktab

Comment

Dear Trebor,

thanks for the reply. the firmware I installed is most recent 07 OCT 2016.

I do not have it because it was updateb by itself.

do you have the newer one on your KB2? is it working?

ps where do you find the list of firmware for KB2?

please let me know

thanks

Tom
                          How can it update by itself? Every time I ever tried to ~update~ One of these Boxes I've been instantly greeted by those infamous words--- "check failed check ota server agent"...
                          Although now that I've tried it once again... (Just to check that I've written that correctly...),. It has spewed out a new message, "New version can't be found."

I'm running the KB2-ota-20160929-145509.V0701, which was not found, but downloaded from a link (Page 3 IIRC), and the upshot i?

Well the Box hasn't packed it in yet, (Which is a good thing!),. But, the WiFi... Chiefly the 802.11ac IS NOT!, I can not comment about the Bluetooth as I haven't been able to pair anything with it. Namely my Headset. Even if it wouldn't support AD2P (Audio), which sadly seems to be the case AT THE MOMENT! It really still doesn't even allow those Cans to show up on the display. My TV (which also has Bluetooh does show up.... But fails to pair up 'cause Audio is NOT SUPPORTED.

One other point... Is it just me or is the Remote IR Receiver Diode utter crap? I can't be more then what? 3.5 Meters away from the Box, and the Remote is unable to reach it. unless I'm like >1.5 meters out.
                          I suppose this could be down to crappy Batteries... But, I wonder...
                          Last edited by Ichijoe; 10-11-2016, 14:27.

Comment

Hi Trebor

in case I need to chose another S912 amlogic tv box, what do you suggest to me?
                            Have a look at reviews for other models to get an idea of what may seem to be going down well.

R-TV BOX S10, Beebox N3150, Chuwi Hibox, Nvidia Shield, A95X Max

Comment

OK it's been about Nine (or so) Hours, since I took delivery of my replacement Box.
                              And here are some of my thoughts about it...

1) 802.11ac + Bluetooth ARE NOT WORKING!
                              Using AIDA64 has brought me the bad news that 5GHz is listed as NOT SUPPORTED.

Now I'ma gonna guess that this, may well be a Software issue. As to why a Firmware update has broken this?

2) In continuation of the above 802.11n IS WORKING.... Sporadically...I swear it's been up, and down more times the a Street Walkers Knickers! AND ITS ANOYING AS ALL HELL.

3) Those odd Green Flickers? Well in the beginning I never noticed it. Now that the Box has managed to warm up a bit in those last few Hours it's happening here too. So my hunch about heat might not have been too far off.

4) The Remote... As always is a special Hell. I didn't think they could get much worse then what came with the MXIII. And on the face of it this Remote IS BETTER. But, it's a PITA to use. OK fresh Batteries have helped a bit, in fact a lot really but, it always feels like a losing battle here.

I believe I can eventually address point 4, by hacking up my Harmony Remote here.
                              But, I need to know about points 1 ~ 3, and whether or not YokaTV (Or whoever), plan to fix this, assuming of course that this is not again some Hardware malfunction.

P.s. Ive seen Posts here where others have supposedly talked to these Cats. Is that Info confidential or something?
                              I wouldn't mind addressing my concerns to them as well.

Comment

Hi Ichijoe,

i faced to the same problem: as new it worked. then I updated it by FOTA the bluetooth stopped to work, it was no possible to switch on.
                                the day after the wi fi sometimes works, sometimes no...
                                I'm going to send back to gearbest... uff

Comment

Working...
                                X